Up-Votes Needed Old School Robotic Style from Oolong Island No Longer Exists

Discussion in 'Arkham Asylum (Bug Reports)' started by NovaRandom, Apr 28, 2022.

1. NovaRandom Well-Known Player

This is probably the single most greatest post ive seen yet on this topic @mepps please look at this please, might finally explain why its not around
  2. vRad Level 30

No, i collected it on my female villain (unsure exactly when/where (oolong or vault), but she was created end of April so had to be within the last 5 months). I unlocked it with replays on my main who is female as well. I will gather and post screenshots later tonight showing the style being available to unlock on female toons but not even listed under my male toons as an unlockable style (am at work and have to transfer pics off PS to PC in order to post them here).
    • Like x 1
  3. NovaRandom Well-Known Player

Gotcha, and youre sure April of this year? 2023? That toon was made and was a villian and you didnt like buy the feat over or anything? You do have the whole feat right? The Secret Secret Ive Got A Secret Feat for all the pieces? And since this halloween vault has been out have you seen any robotic pieces drop in it?
  4. vRad Level 30

My guy, this has already been answered by me in this and the other thread- the villain did not exist until a few months ago and was the only toon on my account w/ the style before I unlocked it w/ replays on my main which, as previously stated, triggered the Secret Secret feat (pic in album below).

I have not seen it drop on any toons yet during Halloween vault runs.

Album of screenshots: https://imgur.com/a/tdJLhAl
    Album Contents:
    1) villain who collected the style
    2-4) unlocking w/ replays and getting the feat on my main (hero)
    5) female hero with it showing as unlockable w/ replays
    6&7) male villain and hero where "Robotic" does not show in the style list

Based on what's showing on my account (US PS), I think TheLorax's idea about style gender tags is on the money.
    • Like x 1
  5. bboy-rei Well-Known Player

I have the robotic feet on my female toon created in December 2021 but can't replay it on my male toon too. Still missing robotic hands.
    • Like x 1
  6. vRad Level 30

Thank you for verifying it's not just my account! I'm glad you mentioned the other style sets, I forgot to even check those and none seem available for unlocking on my guys, only the girls :(

As far as the hands, the fandom wiki claims they drop from these sources. Hopefully it can at least drop on a female toon to unlock later on any males that need it:
    • Like x 1
  7. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

I just wanted to confirm that there is a gender variant for Robotic style which at least explains why you can't unlock the style between different gender characters.
    [IMG][IMG]
    • Like x 1
  8. vRad Level 30

Ah! Just to make sure I understand how the game works regarding gender variants (caveat: assuming code is functioning 100% as intended): a toon of one gender can collect their gender's variant of "Style X" but "Style X" still won't appear for replay-unlocks on toons of the opposite gender? You seem very knowledgeable about this and I'd like to be able to provide an educated answer should this topic come up in-game.
    • Like x 1
  9. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Correct.
  10. NovaRandom Well-Known Player

I think through a collective hardwork and enough posts on here and attention gathered and through Loraxs observation and vRads testing we actually came to the root problem here with this style. Great work guys, now we just have to get the devs to notice us. Any ideas on that?
  11. NovaRandom Well-Known Player

This was a great breakdown and super appreciative, i hope the devs see this and fix it, amazing find and actual solution.
  12. NovaRandom Well-Known Player

You need to make a bug post just about this in general and break it down like this and explain how its effecting the robotic style from dropping, @mepps should find this super interesting, its an actual solution they can fix to the problem. After 2 years we finally got somewhere.
  13. bboy-rei Well-Known Player

I've tried those instances and haven't had any luck so far, it doesn't seem that the non-boss enemies will drop any loot.
  14. NovaRandom Well-Known Player

Arms should also drop on oolong island i do believe, and somewhere said maybe the 8th precinct raven mission villian side only. Thats what my forum crawling info said at one poiunt.
  15. NovaRandom Well-Known Player

Has anyone tried running on oolong with a female villian toon and getting a robotic piece since we figured out that the style could be locked behind a gender tag bug and only getting pieces on a female villian toon?
  16. arkhamowl Level 30

I have a female villain toon and I got the Robotic feet as a reward from The Flash bounty in Gotham (Burnley)
    I'm not sure about the drop rate in Oolong Island.
    • Like x 2
  17. BMyst Active Player

I think the hands have the same issue. I have the feet on my male villain toon. For 2 years I've been hunting for the hands as my last style needed without any luck.
  18. NovaRandom Well-Known Player

Funny enough i discovered this as well about the flash bounty awarding the central city cleats which are the robotic style, got it on my male villian toon and then bought it over on my hero toon and finally got the feet for the feat after 2 years. Still needs to be fixed though, robotic isnt dropping from the vaults in seasonal content and not on oolong either as heroes. Further testing is being done to see if my female villian can get the style drops on oolong island.
  19. NovaRandom Well-Known Player

There was an update mepps posted about a few days ago where there was an increase in rarity for a specific glove set on oolong island, something about rare Apokoliptian battlegloves gloves or something like that, could be the robotic gloves.
  20. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

It was posted October 25th HERE! In the future, please either quote the post, or put a link to it, so people can see what you're referencing.

I hoped to be able to confirm whether or not those hands get you the Robotic Style, but Google and Bing are both turning up bupkis. o_O