No offense daybreak...but the cr “gift” is broken

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by AJPro, Jan 12, 2020.

1. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I know. I'd like some of those too...but I do think the community would be better served leaving some feats for those who want to join the grinder club (feat grinder...not the app....not that there's anything wrong with that). I don't have the 25,000 collect feat myself and would never want it given out.

Yeah....that 'Billionaire' title I got to relish for 2 weeks before everyone got it with the 100 skip sucked. That sting is what I'd want to avoid doing with the others. They could have taken it to 500 treasure boxes, left 1/2 SP on the table and those who wanted to start up at 501, could have but likely never would have meaning the grinders would still have something worth 'earning'.

Reinheld
    • Like x 1
  2. Nodens Dedicated Player

I'm one of those that are all for including the PvP feats. Nobody but the hardcore pvpers are interested in that content anyway, and even the Devs know it. I'm not saying that for free feats. I've actually been playing long enough to have most of them anyway, despite the fact that I prefer to avoid that useless portion of the game's content.
    • Like x 1
  3. kingmasternova Loyal Player

Just my 2 cents in, This CR skip isn't free because you have to be a member.
    Try it on an alternative account & my brother account.
    So it's a 15$ cr skip
  4. Rainnifer Committed Player

You don't have to be a member. I used it on PS4 where I'm not a member nor active on. Did you log out and back in?
  5. MC GreenLantern Active Player

It is definitely free I used it on my 2nd account that I have never spent a single $ on.
  6. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I claimed it on 4 premium accounts (one PC + 3 PS4) so.... yes, it is free.

Reinheld
  7. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

Definitely don't agree with adding any or PvP feats to the CR Skip as that is still a fundamental part of the game to learn and experience and despite the massive balance issues it should still be encouraged to play and arenas or legends can still be enjoyable.

However ;)

The majority of the Legends LPVE feats should 100% be added to the skip to make up for missing skill points. LPVE has all been but given up on by the developers. LPVE was killed at stats revamp because of the weapon changes which now turns a typical run into 20-30min sometimes just for 1 completion and a few marks of legends which aren't even that necessary. We also have to deal with a giant map rotation so it may take weeks or months just to complete individual map feats. Not to mention the fact that a good chunk of the players who actually have their LPVE feats all completed to have their names atop wavedox rankings also 100% EXPLOITED with speed hackers to complete runs quickly in succession. I know of multiple speed hacker runs that were set up in the Paradox Wave map rotation because they could just do the epic odyssey and kill all the bosses at once with the speed hacker for quick back to back runs.
    • Like x 2
  8. CTRL New Player

I havent played since Happiness Home. I got the Cr skip & got 8 skill points, if that. Which is fine & tbh I'm shocked ppl even WANT FREE SP!!! I used the skip on a alt just so I could breeze thru the old dlc's on my main (Sidenote: Games looking crisp & Earth- 3 has been dope).
    I had seen Mepps' comment about sp & I thought to myself. Are there really ppl that got a previous skip that haven't advanced at all & think they should get more sp at a 2nd skip? That's ridiculous tbh & it's also why I'm beating the brakes off of 290's at 210.

Tbh, I was just happy it finished off my last 20 toyman missions. Took 8 years to get that feat :)
    • Like x 1
  9. Lycan Nightshade Dedicated Player

pvp has been broken for how long now? or imbalanced however ppl wanna sell that.....years right?

and haven't the devs said NUMEROUS times there was no plans for pvp, fixing or revamping or otherwise?

yeah im sorry yall are inclined to feel however you want about it but at some point ppl need to accept that this is how it is and trying to "force" ppl into a broken aspect of the game just isn't right.

I wish things were different, I personally hate pvp, always have and I always will, but I know theres many around here who enjoy it and id love it if it got fixed for those people... but its just not gonna happen guys...but the pvpers still have other games for the pvp fix they need and pvp is still available for those who would wish to play now.
    • Like x 2
  10. Krytin Active Player

Most players want to feel over powered. Yes a few old fears wouldn't be bad. And 77 are a few low basic good play gets you your crits and weapon points plus a few to experiment with. I'd say no more then 100. Plus it should have a few styles unlocked with it to make it more worth the advance fee. This would give a good balance all the way around
  11. Proxystar #Perception

Broken or otherwise if you want rewards for pvp then you play pvp.
    • Like x 1
  12. unitedmeck Well-Known Player

The Cr skip is setting new players up for failure the rule of thumb back in the day was your CR matches ur Sp but now with all these other variables augments artifacts and such it makes it more difficult to catch up the gift is not broken its a gift. The game is no longer new player friendly the gift is great but lacks the SP or the means to achieve SP to be relevant for new players. This is also why this gift pushes more dps and less support roles. Why no tanks healers trolls variables matter to many at a high cost its easier to be a mediocre dps then a support.
    • Like x 2
  13. Lycan Nightshade Dedicated Player

by this mentality they should take out all SP.

you want rewards for pve then you play pve
    • Like x 2
  14. Proxystar #Perception

And I do.

Stat points benefit you across the entire game and are obtained from different aspects the bulk of feats come from PVE already with a small number in comparison coming from PVP.

The PVP feats reward plays for playing PVP and vice versa.

I would say exactly the same thing to a player only playing PVP, if they wanted PVE feats then they must play PVE.

What is happening here is people are attempting to take advantage of something being a little broken to justify getting a free handout for rewards from a game mode they won't participate in because they don't want to put the effort in to it

Intetestingly enough the very boost were talking about here is a PVE CR BOOST, if it were a PVP boost where is the set of 100 PVP gear for example or 101 gear?

That's right it's not in there, is it?

No it's a PVE boost, so if you're going to diminish any feats by just rewarding players feats by opening their wallets then you keep it to PVE feats, there's plenty to choose from.
    • Like x 1
  15. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

Yeah, I kind of agree with "if you want PVP feats, suffer".
  16. SugarHoneyIcedTeaMix Well-Known Player

Would people care if they gave away 8v8 feats, or the win x amount of duels by the skin of your teeth feats. I only ask because its rare for an 8v8 que to pop (5v5 maps are getting there as well). As much as I don't like giving pvp feats, the dueling feats I think we could give up considering the fact that dueling is becoming more of a what rank is your artifact vs skill type of thing. At least back in the day it was about your loadout, if you missed counters, your sp. (Your power because even back then powers carried people), Now its just a mess.

and for those wondering if im just begging for free pvp feats well.... not really but kinda lol got 86/97 of them and those 8v8 ques........
    • Like x 2
  17. Gassius_Spray Loyal Player

PS4 player here. I dont play on pc, but I went ahead and made me an ice toon on pc. I only had the og 6 powers to choose from though... chose ice. Will do the same on Xbox soon.
  18. kingmasternova Loyal Player

There's no point if you have to always lose or it's not fun if you always win a match.
  19. SekretVillain Loyal Player

Theres still are and will always be those people who have bad builds which nowadays can make or break your performance as any role.
  20. Littlejaytee16 Committed Player

They couldn't do that. People need to understand that "the grind" for things such as skill points, Nth Metal, Marks for gear... it's all built to keep us coming back day after day, week after week and month after month. Why else would people want to play the same content over and over?

Without the grind, nobody would be playing the game as most players would leave once they got bored of the latest content. Which... according to the consumption habits of this community, would be almost immediately.