No offense daybreak...but the cr “gift” is broken

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by AJPro, Jan 12, 2020.

1. BumblingB I got better.

You are including things that would help you off the ground. Mainframe being an example. When they start seeing that, they group it together and something gets held back because they would feel it would be too much and thus it double edges the outcome. We've seen it happen over the years. Never a full positive change, always trade one for another or just straight negative.

Again, for the most part, I agree with you. Especially for new players that has to build up the start, where an older player could just transfer feats and gear to help it up more.
    • Like x 1
  2. Proxystar #Perception

Oh ok, thanks for the clarity
  3. Mazahs Loyal Player

I'm going back to my original response to you. Keep CR and SP as close as possible...
    Now while I understand that some people have stated you can go back and get older feats. I pose this question?
    Have you ever seriously tried to go back and run old content?

Queue's pop extremely slow, and by that I mean quite literally I have gone back to get the clown feat in Black Dawn...blind queued and LFG'd for a group for over an hour with no luck. Just last night I blind queued for Battle for Earth duo while running dailies, anniversary and 2 raids. In that time NADA. So to that end...NOPE not gonna do that again.

IMO opinion (some won't like this) PVP and LPVE should be included. Those are dead and you yourself have stated it's not a priority...so why not include them? Also any of the basic feats given in content and basic TC feats. You know like, open 5 capsules, or complete said instance. I don't care so much about source marks for mainframe etc...since those drop like candy and will fill up quickly.
    But something closer to your CR so be expected.

I'll say it again. You, the Devs have said for years that SP matter and should be close to your CR. Now giving a CR boost (thank you by the way) and you include so little, you either force people to buy unlocks of close to what $30. Or state, well you can run older content....NOPE see my example above, or have a new shiny that really isn't equipped for the level they are brought up to by CR boost.
  4. Belthazur Dedicated Player

I would like to say 180-225 would be a Perfect spot..

You Should Auto Grant ALL Races

Some if not ALL PvP

Some if not ALL LPvE (Since no one likes it and the Legends hit like paper)

How about Giving the Remaining R&D Feats.

And ALL that is Without Touching ANY Episodes.

Perhaps you can Begin Offering an Episode SP Pack (Requires Owning the Episode OR Membership)
  5. Proxystar #Perception

Absolutely no pvp feats should be granted, if you want pvp feats you do pvp.

I'd rather they grant the very first DLC feats than start handing out pvp because people don't want to do it.

Same goes for legends pve and selfishly i could use those feats...
    • Like x 1
  6. Doctor Anomaly Level 30

I'm not sure if its only me but... I did the CR skip with my lowest toon and didn't get any generator mods. Wasn't this a thing with previous skips? Generator mods are a pita to get for people of my playstyle (not wanting to pug raids/alerts etc).
  7. Lycan Nightshade Dedicated Player

ive never understood this mentality with pvp.

but I wouldn't expect legends to ever be given away like that nor episodes, that might have impact on the bottom line.
  8. Lycan Nightshade Dedicated Player

I believe they drop out of the loot caches from daily/weekly missions as well, but I do believe they gave t7 mods with the 210 but I may be wrong.
  9. Mazahs Loyal Player

That's your opinion and you are welcome to it.

Most people I know don't PVP, because it's a broken shell of it's former self.
    Now if they want or had plans to fix it...sure I'd agree with you. However that's not the case and they've stated it numerous times.
    LPVE I can agree w/ you on.
    • Like x 1
  10. Proxystar #Perception

Theres multiple motives behind trying to get the pvp feats just handed out.

1. Pvp is significantly imbalanced right now, particularly character arena, however it isn't impossible.

2. The population in pvp is lower than pve so people don't queue, some maps are exceptionally deserted making the feats harder to get.

3. Some people are not good at pvp even when it isn't an issue so they simply want a handout instead of getting better or persisting, it's always harder playing against a human than an AI.

4. They should advocate that pvp be fixed in addition to this there are other ways to motivate pvp play and push feat gathering and this is for you Mepps

How about double mark pvp weekends on certain maps along with just double mark weekends in general, how about adding some loot drops to certain maps theres ways to encourage players to actually play pvp even if it is a little broken.

Case in point when you released Belle Reeve it was broken all weekend but people still played and had fun, so it can be done.

But PVP shouldnt be handed out simply because some players want the rewards from pvp without actually doing it, just do they can get a benefit in pve, giving those feats away would be shameful indeed.
  11. Proxystar #Perception

Just because something is a little broken, doesn't mean the solution is to carve it up and start handing it out for free, the mere suggestion that the devs should is and this is my opinion too, pathetic..

They should fix it, not carve it up
  12. Belthazur Dedicated Player

I totally Understand your Opinion
    Personally I have Completed ALL my PvP Excluding Lair Battles (Gettin those done)
    However IF the Devs have stated MULTIPLE times that PvP Does NOT make Money and they have NO plans to fix it then Why not give Some Introductory Feats.
    This is ultimately Up to the Devs.
  13. Proxystar #Perception

It is ultimately up to the developers, doesn't mean i support the idea, so just being vocal about my opposition :)

I don't begrudge your opinion despite my disagreement

Im missing a few isolated pvp feats as well, hall of doom, watchtower and australia wins particularly, so despite the fact I'd stand to gain from any such handout, it simply wouldn't be right.

They have to get the players playing not just asking them to pay money in exchange for making it go away lol
    • Like x 1
  14. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Just my opinion, but most will want 300 or more. Like Proxy, I'd say more like 170 or 180. Likely though, if you combed through all the DLCs and got there without giving any of the LPVE or other 'hard' grind feats there will still be complaints. Good luck. Honestly if you are hitting the DLCs, I'd say adding anything that would drop naturally like speed feats or exploration type feats is a no-brainer...we'd get those anyway if we can get in the content. Most of the stuff in Fight for the Light, Lightning Strikes, Battle for Earth or Hand of Fate (save as mentioned below), would be a good place to start, IMHO.

Beware...if you give out the 250 bottle duos, the 169 clowns, 500 CC bounties, 5000 Reapers or any of the 'Kill the giant such-and-such 50+ times' feats, prepare to hear about it. I'd say 'Chasing the bomb' or other feats that are looked at difficult might go that way too. You know how we do on the forums....damned if you do...damned if you don't.

Reinheld
    • Like x 3
  15. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Not agreeing with him, but there are a lot of SP in TCs that are not that hard to get. The hard things are the 3 collections (yeah...more like 1000 to finish a full set of 3) and things like the Neon or metal chromas (and really in that case its just the 'Dark' one). If you resolve yourself to getting just the emblems and gear sets, which carry a lot of feats and are willing to trade the collections you do get for the cash to buy the few things you don't get via luck, you can walk away from a TC about 2SP low of 'complete' pretty easy.

And believe me...I'm no TC defender, but there are some easy feats in them....just not the collections.

Reinheld
    • Like x 1
  16. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Not throwing shade (you got 20 more SP than me after all, including all the DLC feats I'm missing), but I notice you are missing the Natural talent, "Auto grant all races", the skin of your teeth duels "Some if not ALL PvP" and many of the LPVE count feats "Some if not ALL LPvE". This is what I'm saying....most people want the feats to get completed they don't have, regardless of how many SP it would leave the package with. I'd guess that if the package came with 110 SP or so, but it got there by giving the all the LPVE and PVP feats no one would be mentioning the shortfall in SP.

And direct selling SP is a dark road to travel....think of all the impossible feats they can throw our way, then a month later say 'Well, we have a SP unlock for DLC X that will give you all the SP for that DLC including the impossible one'.

Reinheld

EDIT....for the record I don't disagree they could give out some PVP....the 5's and 10's or the ones that will drop no matter what map you enter or how bad you do. They should not touch the top 2 levels of count numbers or any of the feats that require a decent level of skill like the 10 wins in a row.
  17. SilkyPawz Bunny

Hi Mepps, Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to respond.

I know many will complain about what ever you decide to do, I just think maybe a rework of the system towards something better.

I personally see problem with giving out to not ruffle feathers certain PVP feats, LPVE Feats, I have them but it wouldn't be an issue for me.

The Skip token I think between 100-140 skill points would be more than fair. People do need to learn, but I think older content really needs to be made relevant, for end game players to want to go back to. I think older content reset pricing is something to look at as well I mean Khandaq reset 87 o_O just throwing some ideas out there.

Thank you.
    • Like x 1
  18. Belthazur Dedicated Player

Yes I am missing a Few of the Feats I mentioned Granting.
    I also Mentioned Giving ALL the R&D Feats.
    Heck Let me add the Collect 25K Items too
    I have Grinded and Grinded my Tush off So..I was Simply Pointing out FOR MEPPS What Feats they Could look at to Grant.

LPvE is a Pipe Dream... They will NEVER Give those Yet I Included it to Show an Area of Possibility.
    Mepps asked for Thoughts I Gave some he could look into.

I actually got the 1000 Treasure Chest Feat days before they Gave it away. (it Stung But im ok with it)
    • Like x 1
  19. SekretVillain Loyal Player

Dont get wrong up until the last few I got all gear sets, emblems ect, passed on auras and materials because of the ridiculous collections you had to finish.
    • Like x 1
  20. Doctor Anomaly Level 30

They should give away the feat for "defeat 10,000 Rikti monkeys." Points to you if you know the reference.