No offense daybreak...but the cr “gift” is broken

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by AJPro, Jan 12, 2020.

1. Lycan Nightshade Dedicated Player

except my main toon on the main account has well over 300 sp but do keep reaching.
    whiny lil cupcake
  2. Lycan Nightshade Dedicated Player

this explains why this time we didn't get any SM(well that and last year they were MoV)
  3. Lycan Nightshade Dedicated Player

theres only one place left they could pull from that wouldn't impact the MP and that's PvP
  4. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Yeah, but they're trying to avoid auto-completing feats that others worked really hard for (particularly when there was money involved directly).
    • Like x 1
  5. Lycan Nightshade Dedicated Player

and to a point I can understand that but that doesn't change the fact many people had a lot of the pve feats they autocompleted, but they will do what they will do.

tbh the only reason I care at all is because they DO charge a fair amount of cash for these jumps otherwise, and I would like to have the sense that its actually worth the money to do a cr jump, if that makes any sense.
  6. SekretVillain Loyal Player

But see he and others like him want the feats without actually earning them like others have through a free skip.
  7. SekretVillain Loyal Player

But your getting exactly what you paid for though, your getting to cr255 as paid for. It wasnt advertised as a cr AND SP skip. But a CR skip. Comprehend what you read before posting helps.
    • Like x 1
  8. mrcheap Well-Known Player

Hey Daybreak I LOVE the CR255 gift and appreciate it a great deal. But there is a problem.

I tried to run the JLD content and was pathetically weak for it so can't make much progress there unless carried.
    I tried to run some slightly lower CR content and it just never popped so can't make any progress there.

Here is my simple suggestion, have an Episode of the Week. For that one week only that episode will give full levelled rewards to players of every level just like the current Episode Metal II does.
  9. Solarbound Committed Player

So many options available, Khalon. Take a pick that seems reasonable enough in your eyes -_-
  10. Littlejaytee16 Committed Player

Heh heh. Be careful... you're coming awfully close to the whole "create support for older episodes" argument with that suggestion. And we all know what THAT topic does to this community.
  11. SekretVillain Loyal Player

Imo they should leave event versions up even once the DLC is no longer the top dlc.
  12. Xibo Loyal Player

If i were the devs i would give them all LPVE feat points in this CR skip.
  13. SekretVillain Loyal Player

Nope, and I dont even have all LPvE feats but still dont think those should be given away so freely, those take soooooo many hours to obtain. I only have some of those feats. Not the grindy ones.

Dont have the patience to do them anymore. So to those who do deserve the feats vs those who dont.
  14. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

I already had 210 SP on the character I skipped with so....

I don't really care?

also, 2020, stop the SP shaming stuff. "Do the grind" was a lot more meaningful 200 SP ago when half the Feats in the game weren't TC Style Feats. Now they are. That's not "the grind", that's "Open your wallet".
    • Like x 3
  15. Black Jaq Devoted Player

I didn't like that Metal II was released same time as seasonal. I barely ran seasonal, because I wanted to do new content. Luckily I had some marks from last year. Newer players don't have that so they had a ton of stuff to do at a busy time of year. But yeah, you can buy seasonal marks in Marketplace to get caught up.
    • Like x 1
  16. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

I bought seasonal marks, and I quote, to finish decorating a Base. You wanna spend money on the Marketplace to do stuff, be my guest - it's your cash and it should be doing the work you want it to.
  17. Lantern_AdamK4 Committed Player

Let me start by saying I like the CR skip, it was helpful, thank you! No issues with the SP here.
    Having said that, you mention you're at the limit of feats that you're comfortable auto completing. I'm wondering why you're not comfortable with the feats attached to anything related to PVP? I'm sure you guys know that it's almost impossible to queue up for things like PVP 8v8, Safehouses, etc. PVP isn't a priority to you guys and that's cool, I'm not into it myself, but why wouldn't you guys be comfortable with auto-completing some/all of the PVP feats since that portion of the game isn't realistically active.
  18. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Looking back, they've always taken a "we want players to play to get X item/achievement" with PvP. When they started allowing PvP players to exchange PvP currency for PvE currency to help with Mainframe maintenance, it was a one way street. They wouldn't allow for PvE currency to be exchanged for PvP currency so players might snag retired styles or PvP gear because they wanted players to play that part of the game.

PvP has seen better days, I won't deny that. But even with how it sits now, from what I can tell they still want players to play PvP to get stuff from PvP, including feats.
  19. Xibo Loyal Player

To be very honest, any new player is fine if he purchase a certain amount of stabilizers. It's the easiest method to get SP.
  20. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I think the issue is that we say (and when I say 'we' I mean the people saying they need more SP in this skip) we want a viable character, but what 'we' really want are those feats we are not willing to get on our main (like PVP and LPVE). DBG says they don't want to give out too many as they are encouraging some of the grind and to play old content...but they know as well as we do that some older group content is next to impossible to get into, much less get anything but speed feats done. Furthermore it seems as though they are trying to stay within base game restrictions. On top of that, IF they did give away the high level 'grind' feats...such as they did with 'Billionaire' for the 1000 Treasure boxes (which BTW I finished a week before the first skip token...ARGH!!), they'd anger a portion of the community who ground these out and would feel giving them away is a slap in the face.

So...at the cost of a wasted 40 min of work time (Don't tell my boss), here are the feats I found which would A) not complete any of the 'grindy' high level feats, B) are in the base game, C) would be relatively easy to get if you were inclined to go for them...and could get into the older content. Feats like styles that drop pretty quickly or are easily obtainable if you ran some of the later content where things were re-released, low tier of 'grind' feats (1 duel anyone?), feats from easy to find collections (minimal grind) or things like 'tokens of merit' feats that you could hit 1000 in 30 min of running old solo content and collecting the Victory tokens. Most come from styles (and BTW, I'm not missing any of these, so it's not self-serving like some of the suggestions). Even the PvPs I looked at are ones you could get with minimal effort in almost any map in the course of a few hours.

I came up with about 19.2 points...which is by no means a bunch, but it is 'more'...closing in on the 100 mark. That's enough to get your weapon and movement filled out, your crits and at least 5 in your skill of choice to get the first 1% tick. I'd say you can add in any of the 'speed' feats in LPVE as well, and all of the 'Run as....Rank I' feats for another 2 or 3 points too, but I stayed out of LPVE completely.

Don't read below if you don't care....it's a long list. And for those of you who just hate the 255 skip as is, create a new toon, use it on that toon, delete that toon. Problem solved.

Reinheld

General-Collectables
    Practiced Eye 10
    Hotel Detective 25
    Who Questions the Question? 25
    Riddle Me This 25
    General - Tokens of Merit
    Tokens of appreciation 10
    A mark Saved is a token Earned 10
    Emeritus 10
    Merit Badge 10
    Merit Scholar 25
    Mark the Occasion 25
    Meritocracy 25
    Buy the Same Token 25
    RnD - Assembly
    I Made this 10
    Some assembly Required 10
    Styles - Root
    Enormous Ensemble 10
    Fight Fire with Fashion 25
    Emblematic of Heroism 10
    Iconic Styles
    Knight moves 50
    Sneaky Service 50
    True Colors 50
    Dressed to Kill 50
    Thanagarian Vindicator 50
    Checkmate Operative 50
    Theme Styles
    Stregnth of Voltan 10
    Shaken Not sStirred 10
    Under the Sea 25
    Dimentional Traveler 25
    Korllian Conquerer 50
    On Metal Wings 25
    Otherworldly 25
    Am I here to amuse you? 25
    Antique Aviator 25
    Ready for Class 25
    Man or Machine 25
    Under the Spotlight 25
    Bio Booster 25
    Cyber-Reinforced 25
    Hellstalker of Dis 25
    Master of Henge 25
    Dress like an Egyptian 25
    Life is a big, Dark room 25
    Praetorian Elite 25
    Bug off 25
    Necromancer 25
    A New Classic 25
    Expeditionary Force Leader 25
    Dressed for the streets 25
    Good Mojo 25
    Boot to the Head 25
    Merlin's Tailor 25
    Medicine Man 25
    Difference Engine Designed 25
    Green Thumb 25
    Knight of the Round 25
    Mystically Masked 25
    Get out on the Highway 25
    Secret Secret, I've got a Secret 25
    Military Grade 25
    Looking like Six Million Bucks 25
    Glactic Sentinel 25
    Staying Frosty 25
    Man in Tights 25
    Nobody's fool 25
    Go Go Gadgeteer 25
    Two sides of the Same Coin 25
    Heavenly 10
    Early Adopter 25
    Like a Stone 25
    PvP - Root
    Fighting the good fight 10
    Prepared 10
    Give No Quarter 10
    Centurion 10
    Offline rookie 10
    Offline Expert 10
    10x under fire 10
    25x Under Fire 10
    Attack the weak point 25
    Capture Rookie 10
    Capture Expert 10
    Down for the count 10
    Think Fast! 10
    Not So Fast! 10
    High Rolling Healer 25
    Assist rookie 10
    PvP - Dueling
    Send 'em Packing 10
    Threw down the Gauntlet 10
    On the ropes 10
    Total 1915

Devs....if you find this list helpful and decide to add any of these next skip token, my consulting fee is only 1 Neon chroma box (kidding....kind of)
    • Like x 2