Next For DCUO: Feat Unlocking!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Captain Liberty, Jan 27, 2014.

1. Kaiowas Nomad Active Player

I care because, it at some point will make low tier instances obsolete and much harder for new ppl, to find groups for these instances. Much harder than it is at this point. I don't sell styles on the broker, but give them to my alts or my league or salvage. There's plenty other ways to make money in-game. I have most styles anyway, so I could give a damn, but I don't.
    • Like x 1
  2. lukelucky Devoted Player

the biggest pain feats not unlockable? why wouldnt they be? i dont see how flying arround killing 500 more bounties i can solo becuase i am op helps me. i for sure am not wanting to sit at the R&D vendor and make a million sodas. if i did no way would i do it again.
  3. lukelucky Devoted Player

lower instances obsolete? u know people allready solo gates right. low end content....... well honestly there is zero challange in dcuo currently
  4. Flamelo38 New Player

Can not wait. i will happily make some alts then GOOO DEVs!!!!
  5. osupokes1613 New Player

STILL ON TARGET FOR FEBRUARY?
  6. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Probably next Tuesday. They are announcing the new SP mechanic on Monday, which means that's the perfect time for them to drop GU34 on Tuesday. They give us the option to purchase SP for alts right after they tell us about a new mechanic that involves SP. Genius. GENIUS I TELL YOU!
  7. Jaobigboy New Player

They already have a vendor just for the new styles, you can purchase for marks, so I can really see this coming for other styles later
    • Like x 2
  8. Jafin 10000 Post Club

The Vestments of Rage set in DLC 9 can be purchased as a style only set for Marks of Reality or you can wait for it to drop as an actual armour set in the 8 Man Operations in DLC 9.
    • Like x 1
  9. Luminescence1 Active Player

What Seriously!! Do you know me?? I have no problem with the grinds...relax ,and behave. However, my point being, is a Reaper is a Reaper, so it should count regardless if you are in Lightning Strikes or Origins DLC's as you are in Central City. Lord..some of you people. Panties in a bunch.
  10. Pop a Trinket dey sweatin Dedicated Player

This.

I q'd for Khan yesterday and the group was stuck at the last boss. The troll in there must have inspected me because he told the group to just die so I could come in and shred Adam...

Well...they didn't just give up, but they eventually wiped....I ended up smashing black adam pretty fast....

Although, I technically carried that group past the final boss, I was glad I could help. I was glad I was able to help some lower tier toons get past a boss they were having trouble with. I like going into old instances hunting for styles and collections...Rare drops.....

The game needs to have a reason for higher geared players to recycle through some of the older content. I think it's healthy for the game.
    • Like x 2
  11. Pop a Trinket dey sweatin Dedicated Player

It's in the alternate metropolis that you get to through Mogo...As soon as you come out of the teleporter its straight ahead of you on top of the same building. Can't miss it.
  12. Balistical Ice Loyal Player

All these comment about how they are just stabbing us grinders in the back. What do yall not get? You have to have the feat on one of your characters to get it on your alt. Thats not stabbing us, its helping us. That way you dont have to grind no more, for your alt I mean...
    Also, what if you had an alt, would you want too keep grinding or just have the same amount of skill points as your main. Hello people...
    PS. this is only for the people who were complaining about SOE stabbing us in the back because we grinded. Think guys
    • Like x 1
  13. DaMuggsy New Player

Thats what im talking about....we need more ppl in this game like you....i like going on lower tier raid and alerts and helping but then again i know the ppl are new but some of them just dont know their roll so we need a way in the game for ppl to learn their roll....after leveling....let them DPS on the Leveling up to make it easier on them but then after LvL 30 let there be a learning curve for their roll...like Trolls giving POT or just learning it....it would make the game alot better(even though its not a bad game now :p)
    • Like x 1
  14. Pop a Trinket dey sweatin Dedicated Player

It's really amazing how many times I go into instances with lower tiered players and they don't understand their roles. Healing is kind of self explanatory...

Tanking Kind of...

Trolling...Not so much.

DC was/is my first and only game like this. Where you have roles and such. My first serious toon was a troll. I remember going into FOS 3 for the first time and folks yelling about power and how I was supposed to be throwing POT. I had no idea what that was and really they were kind of ignorant about it all too since there was another troll in there and they were telling us to just both do out POT move every so many seconds.

I was clueless about the ins and outs of the game. I didn't know what all the symbols under your name meant...I was a lamb.

But I remember how fun the game became the more I learned. So whenever I go into content and it seems like someone may not fully understand how their powers function in conjunction with the rest of the group I, in a non-threatening way, try to inform them. I don't tell them how to play. I just tell them about their role. What certain powers do. What some people might expect them to do in raids as they climb tiers. Just some of the basic ins and outs of the game.

I don't go around looking to mentor, but because I still have a reason to run those lower tier instances it just happens naturally.
    • Like x 1
  15. Will Power Loyal Player

Invalid issue with Armory and unlocking Feats. I don't get it when I get a new Skill Point normally this don't happen. It lets me switch my other Armory and I apply my Skill point where needed. What is happening with this issue?
  16. Ken Silverback New Player

I just heard that this was a thing. I'm an Altoholic and DCUO wasn't doing anything for me for a while so I left. Found an article on Massively about this.

What a great feature! This was long overdue. :) I'm so happy that it's in finally. I hope styles are to follow. And we finally got a Green Aura too? Wow. The devs finally got to some of the stuff we've been asking for a while back. So ecstatic over this.

Now I'll be waiting for more Style pieces in the Marketplace that aren't weapons. :D Huzzah and Mazel Tov!
  17. Kryptonian Being Committed Player

So I'm not sure if anybody read and replied to my question despite it not being clear which I apologize and or also because it got lost in all these messages.

I have a villain who has a lot of skill points. I have a fresh level 30 hero toon. On my villain, I have completed all the legends feats, alert speed feats and explorations. Why can't my hero see those feats if it's not faction bound? :/ I don't understand.
  18. Will Power Loyal Player

You Win Again Captain Liberty.
    I now have Zero Replay Badges.
    Now I got to buy more.
    • Like x 1
  19. rexstone89 New Player

Mepps, i understand you said that when completing a style feat you don't get the style for the feat. Now, there are styles you get from completing collections, player briefing and investigations and after completed you received an email with a style that does not go towards completing a style feat, rather it's just a style given as a gift (like the Falcone glasses). When buying these feats "Fully Briefed", "Master Detective", or "Collections Agent", will you get the styles like the "Gardner-Style" chest or the "Falcone Glasses" you get as gifts as mail? and if you don't, can you still farm the Collections, Player Briefings and Investigations even though you've bought these feats?

Thanks and keep up the good work.
    Rex Stone
  20. Dendalus New Player

This was a amazing idea now I can really focus on my main and still help my alts get higher SP. Im also not talking about easy feats like explore Gotham or anything but hard feats like the Jor-El leave them feat or PVP feats cause I dislike pvp.