Next For DCUO: Feat Unlocking!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Captain Liberty, Jan 27, 2014.

1. DarthDiggler New Player

Your analogy doesn't work. Styles do not cost Replay Badges, there is no way for a player to use their credit card to buy styles. I have no issues with the styles or the items available for sale for Marks in the game.

This message is a trial balloon much like the Armories one before. There was a minor riot on the forums over the $8 pricing, so they lowered it to $6. SOE will keep the pricing for things high unless there is some resistance. Everyone screaming "take my money" is like someone walking into a car dealership and saying they love a car before they get a price.

We don't even know if this feature is temporary but people are jumping up and down about it. We don't how it's implemented - is it per feat? OR per feat per character? Lots of unknowns here and people seem excited about that. That concerns me as a consumer. I am about at my maximum budget for DCUO (I subscribe and I have paid for numerous things in the marketplace).
  2. Ultimate Alpha Well-Known Player

I don't have time to read 37 pages worth of qq'ing, BUT there isn't any serious suggestion that purchased feats will have an expiry, is there? Did that suggestion come from a green name?? I will tolerate much in this game, but I will quit DCUO in a heartbeat if they try to make feat unlocking a rent-type situation.
    • Like x 1
  3. All Breaker New Player

I actually do have some expendable income at the moment since the Army is paying for my school (HOOAH), and since I am going to school full time and working full time, I would rather spend a couple of bucks on getting my (already T5) alts caught up on skill points than spending the ungodly amount of time required to farm feats on all of them. And I am Legendary.
    • Like x 2
  4. DarthDiggler New Player

Never said it was pay to win, but styles are paid for with marks. So the analogy isn't quite accurate.

It's not a big price at all, just to me as a Legendary player it seems very nickle and dime (1 to 5 replay badges is nickle and dimes in DCUO). If they do this as planned it is yet another opportunity we Legendary members have missed to voice our opinion about the lack of value with our Subscription. If SOE was putting out 6-8 Premium DLC packs a year, this wouldn't be an issue.

I would love some unique features for Legendary, but I don't think it will ever happen, any cool ideas they come up with they will have little qualms about adding a revenue stream for it. Especially when the forums say stuff like "take my money".
  5. All Breaker New Player

I am not saying that Legendary membership is a fantastic deal, but you can't say you don't get anything. You get Loyalty points and Replay badges every month, unlimited promethium box unlocks, more inventory slots, early access to DLC's, and unlimited in game currency (and anyone who says unlimited in game currency is not a big deal has never been out of cash and in need of repair, just to name one scenario).
  6. All Breaker New Player

In other words...go premium for a month and see how much you miss your Legendary
  7. tukuan Devoted Player

Not sure where that idea came from but I've not heard it. That said I haven't read every single page of this thread either.

What I can say is that I've never heard a green name suggest this and on test it is in no way setup like as anything more than a one-time payment. Once you buy a feat it is indistinguishable from feats you've gained naturally.
  8. DarthDiggler New Player

I was just being a smart Alec. I agree with you I don't want to feat farm all my alts either, but at the same token I don't think it's too much to ask for SOE to include this as a feature to Legendary memberships rather than making yet another "product" available for sale in the DCUO game.

Besides replay badges were created to replay content, not become a catch all form of currency for SOE to dream up new ways for me to part with my money. I am not against buying stuff from SOE too, I have bought numerous items from the marketplace.
  9. DarthDiggler New Player

I never said I don't get anything, why can't people comprehend what I am saying?

I have stated you do get loyalty points and replay badges. The promethium lock boxes are junk now, I feel sorry for the poor F2P players paying 99 cents per key. You get a few more inventory slots and F2P players are not restricted from upgrading that.

I am not disagreeing with you that these things are not nice. If SOE was producing 6-8 premium DLC packs per year we likely wouldn't even be having this conversation, but they are not. So F2P guy pays about $30-$40 (buying DLC packs) per year and essentially gets the exact same game that subscribers pay up to $180 per year for.

See the thing about the cash is, there really is no value given to the Legendary Players, just a restriction on the F2P Players. The fact is if Legendary memberships had more value they wouldn't need to have this huge restriction on F2P players.

Which brings us full circle -- bring more value to Legendary Subscriptions. Just holding people's money hostage for NOT subscribing isn't really a feature that benefits me as a subscriber at all.
    • Like x 1
  10. DarthDiggler New Player

That is good to know, but Larry Liberty's post seemed vague that sense. The cynic in me thinks they were likely feeling it out to see if they could get away with it.
  11. All Breaker New Player

I definentely understand what you're saying....and that last line kinda made me double take (wow thats a good point...props). I'm just trying to look on the bright side because without legendary I wouldnt even play this game. I am still farily new to this game still, but reading this post and others have really made me start to realize a few things...for instance how the 150 replays is only enough to reset an 8 man op ONE time in a month, thats pretty useless.
    • Like x 1
  12. Irmensul Well-Known Player

It will be a relatively huge source of revenue for the owners of dcuo,this paying to unlock feats with real cash...I welcome it as I will be able to play on both factions without boring grinding,which I dont feel like repeating ad infinitum..
    Dont understand why free to play or premium players feel they have a right o complain..its your choice.
    I wish Id paid for a lifetime sub Id of saved hundreds in monthly payments & the money could of gone on marketplace cash.
    Roll on Unlockable feats & New Gods content,ps4's & fast connections-lets av it!
  13. Anya Well-Known Player

Omg, just finding this thread! The prices are great! :D Can't wait for this update to go live.
  14. All Breaker New Player

Very sorry for sticking this in the thread, dont know where else to ask. Where do I get help on how to navigate the forum, such as creating a new post etc...(sorry for the noobness) thanks in advance for any help offered
  15. Jafin 10000 Post Club

If you want to make a new thread then just go into one of the sub-forums and click on the button to make a new thread. There are different sub-forums for things like gameplay discussion, bug reports, guides etc. so make sure you post in the right one.
  16. otegev New Player

look forward to this improvement will save me from having to buy whole sets of pve armor to get the style achievement for all of them
  17. Skyris Allen Well-Known Player

The PS3 aint going nowhere anytime soon. I agree with this guy because it wont be smart business decision . 2-3 yrs maybe 1 and half who knows how many ppl been waitng for next Gen to make their Games on. PS4 is continously beeing Sold out almost everywhere while XBox sits on shelvs. New shipments come in, soldout 2-3days l8ter

Im not bashing Ps3.I love it, my Ps3 sits next to my Ps4,equally shiny because I take care of it and both pluged into Tv sharing own input. Somtimes their both running at same time(dont ask why). Im just not going let love bliss me from fact. Iplay both equally, I m jus not going keep stressing my old man back when my new born can handle load better. Why risk breaking your system?
    • Like x 1
  18. All Breaker New Player

Thank you Kindly
    • Like x 1
  19. Karev New Player

when does this update come out?
  20. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Probably next Tuesday. GUs usually stay on Test Server for about 2 weeks, so next Tuesday would be the 2 weeks.