Next For DCUO: Feat Unlocking!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Captain Liberty, Jan 27, 2014.

1. Captain Liberty Developer

Hello DCUO Fans,

I am pleased to announce that we will be launching Feat Unlocking for DC Universe Online in late February! For those of you who haven’t been following this new addition to the game, Feat Unlocking is a system that will allow you to use Replay Badges to unlock feats you have already earned on your other characters. As a whole, the system will allow you the option to play and progress faster on multiple characters. There are some limitations:
    • You won’t be able to unlock feats that no character on your account has earned.
      • Feat unlocking does not allow you to skip ahead, only catch up to your other characters.
    • You won’t be able to unlock feats you would not normally be able to see in the UI.
      • This means regular feat-earning rules apply. For example, a Flight character cannot unlock Acrobatics feats.
    • You won’t be able to unlock some feats that are role or faction-specific.
      • For example, “Reach Level 30 as a Controller” will not be available to Healers, and so on.

Unlocking your feats in-game is simple. All you’ll need to do is go the Feats Menu on the character you would like to unlock feats on, see which feats are available to unlock, then unlock them with Replay Badges, similar to how you would unlock any other lockout in the game.

Finally, I know you’re all probably wondering about the cost. The pricing is pretty simple:
    • Unlocking a 10-Point Feat will cost 1 Replay Badge.
    • Unlocking a 25-Point Feat will cost 3 Replay Badges.
    • Unlocking a 50-Point Feat will cost 5 Replay Badges.

I wanted to price them as reasonably as we could to encourage the development and use of alternate characters. The game is more compelling when you have a chance to experience all of the content, from all of the many different perspectives, and I know Feat Unlocking will go a long way to making that as convenient as possible.

Upward and onward,

Larry “Captain” Liberty
    Executive Producer
    DC Universe Online
    • Like x 135
  2. TrueOlympus New Player

The prices are amazing. I love you
    • Like x 58
  3. MercPony Devoted Player

Well now! This announcement was unexpected so soon :D
    • Like x 8
  4. adarkpassenger New Player

wow did not expect pricing like this. Kudos guys!!!
    • Like x 4
  5. Mermaid Dedicated Player

Wow I can't wait for this!
    • Like x 2
  6. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

Not to bad, if you have 150sp and wanna bring your alt up it will be like 45$
    • Like x 3
  7. Zezimar Committed Player

I can't tell you how much I love you for that !!
    • Like x 3
  8. Blight KOBRA Commander

Will this feature also be usable for unlocking style feat achievements on alternate characters as well? And if so does that mean that the style will be made available to the alt?
    • Like x 17
  9. aMUZEd New Player

WOOOOOOO!!!!!! 150+ SP on ALL MY TOONS, DONE DEAL!
    • Like x 6
  10. Seismicfesr Dedicated Player

Rejoice rejoice, before some comes in here crying this is a cash grab.
    • Like x 7
  11. ACW37162 Loyal Player

Thank you, I am crying tears of joy
    • Like x 1
  12. TheMarvel New Player

Dude, that is 35SP for $10. Wow!
    • Like x 2
  13. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

I approve of this pricing!

Unless I misunderstand, with my 150 SP main character, I can raise one of my alts, say, to close to that 150 (minus the off-role feats), for no more than 1500 replay badges. Which is about $45 a character.

That seems reasonable to me, and it scales.

This is a huge development, announced quite some time ago, that so many of us have waited for for so long.

(I confess I've made little effort to specifically do feats with my alts ever since this announcement; I like doing feats once -- mostly -- and would love to see the grindy feats have additonal larger number achievements added to keep us from running out. Once you've maxed out the Tokens of Merit Feat, for instance, there's nothing to do with Legends Marks once you've hit your 250 max. )

Thanks muchly for following through on this function, which is win-win for everyone except the broke (which is a bad place to be no matter way, alas)! This really increases the stickiness of the game for me in a huge way.

Mission accomplished for ya!
    • Like x 5
  14. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

150 SP = 300 50 pointers = 300*5replays = 1500 replay badges @ 350/$10 = ~$42 to get 150 SP on an alt.

Might seem reasonable on a feat by feat basis, but decking out an alt is not gonna be cheap.

Still great change, just had to do the math for myself, and was surprised when it came out so high as it sounded low reading it.

So basically $40 per alt with 150 SP just for rounding sake.
    • Like x 6
  15. Gunny New Player

Now if SP actually had much of a use past some critical attacks/healing/power.....i'd be more excited for this kind of update.
    • Like x 8
  16. Shift New Player

Oh my god. As soon as I saw the pricing my heart skipped a beat. Thank you SOOOOOOOOOO much!!! And be more careful with these announcements! Coulda put me in the hospital...
    • Like x 8
  17. Zezimar Committed Player

If someone say that, he better hide before I slap him.
    • Like x 5
  18. MercPony Devoted Player

I doubt it. Prob still have to collect the styles just you can bypass and get the feat for it early instead.
    • Like x 2
  19. not_again Dedicated Player

This is great pricing. Way to hit a home run with this after striking out with armories!
    • Like x 4
  20. Oddpodd Dedicated Player

[IMG]

TAKE MY MONEY!!
    • Like x 14