Next For DCUO: Feat Unlocking!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Captain Liberty, Jan 27, 2014.

1. Weapon XV12 New Player

Will the feats be sharable frm hero to villain and vice versa
  2. Gwalir Loyal Player

Only if it's something that's available to both sides.

Basically, the one only feats that you can purchase are the ones you can currently see.
  3. Skyris Allen Well-Known Player

PS4 not holding Game back in terms of Memory. Ps3 can barley handel whats going on, Its limited on what it can process. Every new content puts Ps3 that much closer to breaking.

The Devs have stated this thousand times themeselves. This why theyre trying best they can to save memory .recycle skins,recycle maps but with brilliant color changes and adjustments to make it feel different. Anmation changes people want with certain powers cant happen.
    A lot New powers and Legend characters copy something already in game because varity is limted.

I may not graduated top Five in Engineer or anything related to this type of stuff but I have many friends who exerpts in this type of stuff who translates to me in simple human terms that Ps3 is getting brutalize evry second you play this Game.

Ps3 players are causing so much damage to their system playing this game, every hard crash is your system bieng gutted with a sword.Thats why some people do special things to their Ps3 internal system and/or updates its memory to help with this.

PS4 is not all that Godly buts its good enough to handle the direction this game need to take. A direction the PS3 will never have enough milage for.
    Pc can take an Advace Alien Space ship to the direction this Game potential leads
    PS4 can take a normol Space Craft
    Ps3..... Well last time I check my telescope didnt see no Tricycles out there in space
    • Like x 1
  4. Skyris Allen Well-Known Player

I said nothing of Playstion being canned. Ps4 is good enough to handle direction game needs to take Ps3 cant. Stated by devs themeselves .Sony make more than Playstion, they also make compters, Tv's ,ect. So computer not getting charity here since sony makes computers.
    Sony didnt make DC Comics so all platform users should be grateful Devs were allowed even 10% of what copywrites either allowed them to do or they were able to get around into making this game reality.
  5. Bellger New Player

How does this work for players under level 30? There are several feats that you can see in the UI but cannot get before lvl 30 like exploring all raids and alerts or achieving lvl 30 as a certain role. I am worried for pre lvl 30 PVp because it will become a pure pay to win fest. It is bad enough with lvl 29s fighting lvl 10s, and expert 5 mods. You can imagine a lvl 29 with 150 skill points fighting a lvl 10 with no feat unlocking being quite unbalanced. Or even a lvl 29 with 150 skill points fighting a lvl 29 with an achievable amount of skill points.
  6. Bellger New Player

I love this because there are some feats that just take way to long to get more than once. After a while grinding feats is like work, and at 5 replay badges vs 10+ hours for a 50 point feat, it only makes sense to buy some. My time is worth more than that.
    • Like x 1
  7. Pandora Demon New Player

It's actually funny how this turned into a console dispute, but I'm going to interject anyways. Now, PC is actually "Primitive" to a console( in a few ways). But the most undermined is even though PC's are better, they have to have greater hardware to actually surpass the performance of a console for example: PS4 has, around, 8GB RAM( Generally I'd think someone playing DCUO on a PC would need more than that to get more so they wouldn't lag. But, the PS3 has a very, very low percentage of that( maybe 1/16( can't remember)) and it still achieves the almost no lag. Internet connection is also key, but your hardware is, too. Even though it gets the PS3 each time you play, for the PS3's limitations, it still runs closely to a PC. This isn't saying that PC is under consoles, but it's scary how "worse" the hardware is to a PC in a console, but it runs nearly as good; that has to say something for the consoles. Also, people who are saying PS3 is holding it back, we won't have to deal with it for very long, a PS4-Storm is coming. Also, what does happen when everyone gets a PS4( or devs make this game only available to PS4 and PC, because of hardware capability)? Revamp all over used power animations. That would be cool, but most likely they'd revamp some then, make new ones for newer stuff.
    • Like x 1
  8. thenewkidd New Player

True there are some feats that are not unlockable until you reach 30..

But expert mods are required that you be lvl 30.. so a lvl 29 or a lvl 10 cannot be expert modded.... I already thought of that... same with home turf mods... as I have a lvl 15 with 28 SP currently... and still getting other SP... but with the triumph I am saving I was going to get a bunch of Base items unlocked in the mainframe and would not let me get them until I was 30.
  9. lukelucky Devoted Player

my man that was classic. all i can say about your comments is NAILED IT. funny parting comment
  10. lukelucky Devoted Player

as cool as this feat unlocking is and it is to me i see a problem. unbelievably the priceing is a ok but where i see the problem is modding your gear. i know i am not buying a ton of skill points for many alts so i can then spend how much time farming. i understand sinthetic mods help but lets face it they are marks that could go to style feats and then you are weaker than a guy who flies around a circle holding o on exobits. if it comes down to your alt with synthetic mods or an expert modded guy guy who is getting the boot out af a raid.

i wonder instead of dropping 10 sets of armor on us such as t5 did is there any discussions to drop unsellable or even sellable mods from the raids. maybe have t6 plans, t6 expert, but then from end boss fights maybe a platinum mod for gear. we cheated by for a long time with alts with lower skill points and not haveing to is great but i personally will not be opening the wallet till i see how t6 is structured and if going forward more steps are done to make modding easier. t5 remember you had cr 81 to 83 gear. then your 85 gear and maybe you might of got 87 or 88 gear. then we got 86 gear and a few dox glitches so you had to mod all that gear. add in if you were a dps and you got percision legs as an example but were fire you then had to remod the might legs when you got them. now we have the 90 gear that alot of people who simply did not get drops after countless dox and nexus wins modded. after that they are strong enough to do assult and battery and then you get the raid gear. now a cr 90 troll chest you buy is 41 LESS vit than the piece you get from the raid. 1 piece gives you 41 extra vit. yup you have to remod that.
    as far as sinthetic mods go i mean you have the full 85 gear style. the 86 gear style and both 90 sets of gear styles to buy. most people need lower tier sets also so i ask how can all this be done with alts? lets face it even if you got a great route do you really want to come home from work and or school sit down and fly in a cirle waiting on an exo to load then hitting cirle? maybe i am crazy but i would much rather be running content.
    • Like x 1
  11. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Lolwut? I don't know where you're getting your PC "facts" from but they're completely inaccurate. You think a PC needs more than 8GB of RAM to play DCUO? I play just fine on a laptop with 4GB of RAM at full settings.
  12. Jbizzahalla175 New Player

I think the price is fair but what would have been cool is if u could buy them and use marks of triumph to purchase feats also...they would still make money and it would be a great way to use up all of our extra triumph that everyone has....I understand that u can use it for ur base stuff but I think a lot of people still have an excess of triumph on their main charecter
    • Like x 1
  13. Jbizzahalla175 New Player

• Like x 1
  14. Jbizzahalla175 New Player

I don't think so....but I think a lot of villains are gonna level up a hero and purchase all the feats they can from there villian and start playing on the hero side more....USPS hero side is way more populated and I wonder if people are gonna do a switch...I mean I got an alt hero that is only level 28 but I might start playing that character a lot more and purchase sp for him....kinda want play the different missions that I can't do on the villian side...
  15. Pandora Demon New Player

Eh, I tried on my friends desktop he had super fast internet speeds, supped up gamming dedicated hardware, and he replaced his RAM Card( forgot technical term, but I bet you know what I'm talking about( Oh the irony, not disclosing why though)). He replaced it with a 5 GB RAM to see if he actually needs it for the game, and it lagged so hard until he replaced it a week later( to test if it was internet connection, or other things causing it), and it didn't lag at all when replacing it to his old one. But, **** all this PC vs PS4/3 stuff, this is SPARTA!!!!!!!!!!!!( meaning this is not the thread for this BS)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • Like x 1
  16. GammaGreenLantern New Player

Everything you said really proves your ignorance on the subject you are speaking about. First, if you paid any attention at all to current business events then you would know that Sony has recently announced it will be selling the computer portion of their business due to heavy financial losses. So if I am following your logic then this would make DCUO on PC a charity? ( Heavy sarcasm there on my part since it's very obvious PC players pay the same fees to SOE as PlayStation players)

Second, this game is CLEARLY optimized for PlayStation. Do not try and kid yourself. Just off the top of my head...Why else would the devs make it their number one priority to update the game with their biggest graphical update ever, just in time for the debut of the PlayStation 4? It really only makes financial sense for SOE to concentrate more on PlayStation users ( more players, more profit, they manufacture the console, etc)

Third, I am a PlayStation 4 player but I played DCUO for 2 years on PlayStation 3 so it sounds offensive when you say PS3 players are holding the game back. If you knew anything about how DCUO works then you would know that this game would not be around if not for the PlayStation 3. Seeing as something like 70% of the revenue has been coming from PlayStation 3 users the past couple years, maybe you should be a little less quick to say that "they are holding the game back" when if not for those PS3 owners this game would most likely have been dead in the water a while back.
    • Like x 1
  17. Will Power Loyal Player

I'm a New PS4 DCUO player and honestly I upgraded because of PS3's failings at loading this game. PS3 has serious issues with rendering everything. Playing on PS3 3 years ago was alot better than today. The first time PS3 started seeing rendering issues was once Prime came out you couldn't see any of the bosses AoE effects it took the dev a while to patch that but back then PS4 was still in R&D however we saw major issues with the Hand of Fate content again took the devs away from progress to fix all these issues just so they could dumb down the games effects so that the PS3 could handle the rendering issues. Now that I'm off of that system when it comes to DC that is I'm much happier. The day will most likely come that even PS4 may not be able to handle further progress but that's a long time off. Heck the PC players have to keep updating there Graphics cards and so forth to keep up with the changes in gaming today but PS players are stuck with systems for year till the new hot model comes out. So I also believe PS3 will eventually not be able to support DCUO at some point. A game like DC for a PS3 would need new versions of DC like DCUO 2 and 3 and so forth to keep the rendering issues down to a minimum. However all these GUs and DLCs may one day not be able to support PS3 period. I really hope everyone will have a PS4 in 2 years cause I feel PS3 may not be able to keep up with all the content that is to come.
  18. GammaGreenLantern New Player

Yeah I understand what you're saying ( my DCUO experience has also been much smoother since transitioning to the PlayStation 4) but the point is that without PlayStation 3 users the game would not have been successful the last couple of years and they are still key to the success of DCUO.

What's your solution then Skyris? Should devs punish the users who can't find a PS4 (limited availability) or the users who can't afford a PS4 by making the game PS4\PC exlusive in the near future? I'm not saying this shouldn't happen in the next year or two but as of now, despite all the shortcomings, most of the population is still on PS3 and it's obvious that if DCUO decided to pull the plug on PS3 in the very near future, this game would be in big trouble.
  19. Will Power Loyal Player

I'm saying in 2 to 3 years I'd sure hope people have ungraded. Heck I used my Tax return to buy my PS4. However when the population for PS3 drops to a certain low I sure hope the Devs will cut the PS3 off. Besides eventually PS3 wont be able to hold anymore power sets and PS4 is endless. So when that happens its either going to be DLC pack/ PC/PS4 only if you want this new power cause ps3 will not be able to hold anymore powers.
  20. GammaGreenLantern New Player

I don't think you understand that we pretty much agree on the time frame of when PS3 support should be stopped. My point is that support for the PlayStation 3 can not be stopped until a lot more users upgrade because as of now this game would not survive without PS3. The same can not be said of PS4 or even PC. The bottom line is that no matter how much someone might think that PS3 users are holding this game back, until a very significant amount of people upgrade devs will continue to support the PS3 because they have no other choice.

Just because we were lucky enough to upgrade on Launch Day doesn't mean hundreds of thousands of players will also be able to afford a PS4 in the near future. 500 dollars doesn't meant a lot to me but to some people that's the difference between paying rent or buying groceries. Just something to think about...
    • Like x 3