Next For DCUO: Feat Unlocking!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Captain Liberty, Jan 27, 2014.

1. Will Power Loyal Player

Actually its 400 unless you buy a bundle. I got mine at Best Buy for 400. I also did spend extra on a Second controller and a Charging Station. I had already bought the PS Camera Months earlier. PS4 will drop in price however the PS3 may end up bringing in more players due to the ever dropping price. Maybe even bringing in more players to DCUO. I really hope DCUO will have some sort of promotion with that new Justice League Live Action movie that is in the plans to come out. Promotions are never a bad thing.
  2. GammaGreenLantern New Player

PlayStation 4 is 399+ tax = 460.00 (I live in Canada). I don't think anyone would really buy the PlayStation 4 without a game so I rounded it up to 500 lol. Personally, I bought the PS4 stand, a second controller and 2 games (AC4, Injustice).

Yeah I know some people that are just buying a PlayStation 3 now because of the recent price drop in the console and games so I don't see the population on DCUO decreasing anytime soon. The devs will be forced to continue to support the PlayStation 3 and people will continue to complain that PlayStation 3 is holding the game back, when in reality there would be no DCUO without PlayStation 3 users.

On a closing note, I definitely agree with you about the promotions.I never understood why DCUO didn't sell merchandize like custom posters, shirts with your hero/villian on them. Things would sell like hotcakes and would really help get the game a lot of publicity.
    • Like x 2
  3. lukelucky Devoted Player

forget one second on how soon it happens. i ask are you not excited for the day that ps3 is gone? i mean i agree with it will be awhile and you post alot of good reasons why it will take time, but man am i allready anticipating the ps3 being a memory. maybe ps4 can give us 16 man raids or we can actually have large world pvp fights in the open world. to further your point in the suburbs of philadelphia were i live i am not able to find a ps4. ok its been about 9 days since i looked but was not looking good. a slow trickle of ps4s that sold fast as can be
  4. GammaGreenLantern New Player

I am definitely excited for the day when enough PlayStation 3 users upgrade as the game will improve by leap and bounds when those limitations are taken off DCUO, BUT I just don't think it will be in the near future and no amount of complaining is going to change that.

Yeah I had to pick my PS4 up at the Sony Store on Launch Day because they were gone everywhere else. Got the second last one and I haven't seen another PS4 anywhere since.
  5. DarthDiggler New Player

As a Legendary Member, I feel like this payment schedule should be limited to the free-to-play players. I say deliver more value to the paying subscribers and minimize the "nickle and dime-ing" at the very least my subscription commitment should be able to avoid me some "pay me" nag messages. I don't want to see the Marks of Triumph "rent" model applied to Replay Badges

Your pricing schedule does skew 20% in the 25-Point Feat favor.

10x 10-Point Feats (100 points, 1 skill point) = 10 Replay Badges ($0.29 USD based on 350 RB per $10)
    4x 25-Point Feats (100 points, 1 skill point) = 12 Replay Badges ($0.34 USD based on 350 RB per $10)
    2x 50-Point Feats (100 points, 1 skill point) = 10 Replay Badges ($0.29 USD based on 350 RB per $10)

Every 10 Skill Points unlocked you are going to pay from 100-120 Replay Badges or $2.90 to $3.40 (seems regardless if you are F2P or Legendary).

How long will the unlock last (I prefer no duration, just permanent unlock, no more rent please)?
    Is the Feat universally unlocked and available for all other Characters? - OR - would I have to unlock per Character per Feat?

With all due respect and not trying to ruffle feathers but seems very nickle and dime for Legendary peeps.
    • Like x 1
  6. Split Voltage New Player

So while I'd really like to know the answer to this, I don't really want to look through 37 pages to find if someones asked the same question but here goes.

Basically I'm curious as to how unlocking the Briefings/Investigations/Collections feat will work. I realize that there are styles from these that you gain from completing these and I was wondering if, by unlocking this feat does the style feat (i.e Jester, etc) that I believe is only available by completing Briefings/Collections, also get unlocked? And If I do unlock this feat and those style feats aren't unlocked, am I able to go back and collection Briefings/Investigations or do they become locked?

I hope this kinda makes sense :\
  7. Drake_DuCaine Well-Known Player

It's not nickle and dime since it not REQUIRED. Ur not REQUIRED to pay anything to play this game. But u have to pay to progress past a certain level, though. Even then, you don't have to pay for the feats on alt toons if you don't want to.

I'll upgrade my toons but only if the upgrades are permanent. I'm not gonna spend real money on something that's only temporary.
    • Like x 1
  8. DarthDiggler New Player

It is exactly nickle and dime (well by a factor of 3 to 6 per feat) as I demonstrated with the real money values attached per feat.

Of course it's optional, but when was the last time Legendary (paying subscribers) recieved a new feature without some sort of price tag attached to it? I am a paying subscriber and since DCUO has gone Free to Play there have been very few new features that haven't had some type of revenue stream attached.

About the only differentiators between F2P and Legendary is SOE doesn't hold Legendary members money hostage. Sure we do get free Badges and Loyalty Points (which is nice) but there is hardly a feature to DCUO that requires a membership. Which is the reason SOE is so draconian with cash for the F2P players but taking something away from F2P players doesn't elevate the value of Legendary Memberships.
  9. Drake_DuCaine Well-Known Player

So what do you think they should do? Give it to you free since ur legendary so u can have 150 skill point toons across the board and all u have to do is gear them up? U get 350 replay badges for free each month with ur membership...By ur calculations that's a free 30 skill points for whatever toon you want. So really if you think about it...They're still giving it to you free with your subscription.

I have no problem with htem wanting u to use replay badges....If you could have 150 skill point toons across the board for doing NOTHING other than paying for legendary then what the hell...
    • Like x 1
  10. All Breaker New Player

AHHH, DCUO don't listen to these whiners and take my money....I just want to know when....have been grinding feats on main waiting for this.
  11. lukelucky Devoted Player

i agree with you the crying in general is old. i say that but i had out my tissues when they discussed the armories plan before release. man i wish they would of used it to sell legendary instead of quick splash profits. anyway lets hope this game is going strong that far down the road. if any other fighting game such as this comes out and its a mmo and ps4 exclusive it would have to perform better and that would be bad for dcuo
  12. DarthDiggler New Player

BTW I the word is YOUR or YOU'RE not UR. :)

I really think you are missing the point of what I am saying entirely.

As it stands now subscribers pay $10-$15 a month for a game that is nearly identical to the free version. Granted F2P members do not have access to the DLC, but they can get access to that DLC for $10 each or $5 if they get it on sale. With 3-4 DLC packs coming each year, if the F2P player wants access to all the content it will cost them $30-$40 per year. So they already saving $80+ per year and essentially getting the exact same game you and I pay $120-$180 per year for.

I like this feature but I don't see why it should cost me anything, I pay $120 per year to SOE just to play the game, a significant amount more if you add in the additional revenues for things like replay badges, etc. I have earned all the feats for all of my characters and I don't think it is really that much to ask that this feature be available for Legendary characters at no cost be that cost Replay Badges, Loyalty Points or Market Place Cash.

IMHO it's not really a new "feature" if you have to pay for it, it's a new product within DCUO available for sale to anyone.

The really silly thing about this to me is, if Replay Badges are gold for SOE and DCUO, why would you want to have any pay-gates to people using alternate characters? Wouldn't you earn more money on Replay Badges if you had shareable feats which incentivize you to use alternate characters with sub-par gear?

I kind of felt the same way about armories, why only give away 1 (which is useless) when having 2 allows people to get ready quicker for events, thus necessitating the need for replay badges. If SOE could cut waiting to que up or waiting to get the proper group they'd likely increase revenues for Replay Badges because more people would have more opportunities to spend them.

I am not against micro-transactions, DLC or developers creating revenue streams. I think SOE needs to think more carefully about what it really means as a consumer to be Legendary, there needs to be real clear cut differentiators between being a subscriber and not, otherwise the subscription looses it's value. Like I said just taking things away from the lower tiers doesn't elevate the value of the subscription.

The general thing that really concerns me here is it seems that some things have been back-burnered in terms of improving the game, SOE seems to not have many issues with releasing more content that uses replay badges and now they are coming up with features to use replay badges. How about fixing the sluggish user interface? How about fixing the microphones on the PlayStation platforms? Now if they could attach replay badges to those features, do you think they would still be broken? I know I am being cynical, but these were day one issues, seemingly swept under the carpet for more "revenue friendly" features.
    • Like x 1
  13. DarthDiggler New Player

I am in agreement with you, ever since DCUO went F2P they seem to not be concerned with delivering more value to the Legendary Memberships and just want to make everything available to everyone but have some of us pay $15 a month for it.
    • Like x 1
  14. DarthDiggler New Player

Technically I was correcting your spelling, you can't lose arguments by reminding your fellow English speakers that spelling your without a Y or an O just makes your writing look sophomoric. :)

Did you even read what I posted at all? Your response is typical knee-jerk SOE fanboy/apologist nonsense. Not once did you even remark on the merits of what I wrote, so why should I bother taking your response seriously?

God forbid someone have a different point of view, they should be shouted down by morons who can't seem to include all 4 letters in a 4 letter word!!!!!

You are correct no one has a gun to my head, but what do you think the purpose of this message on this forum is? SOE is obviously seeing how the community reacts to this. I am quite certain that SOE management LOVES players like you. Players that accept all costs and fees associated with the game and never offer any resistance. Just accept all things that they present to you at face value and do not question it. If more players were like you the armories would have cost $8.00 each and not $6.00 (which is still quite high IMHO).

If SOE didn't want any feedback about this why did they allow people to reply to this thread? Do you think they really just wanted pages and pages of people saying "hey this is a great idea and I love spending replay badges -- THANKS SOE!!!"

DCUO is a hybrid game, I pay a subscription, so I am expecting something for that benefit. At the moment SOE doesn't deliver enough Premium DLC (approx $30-$40 of content per year) to really justify the cost of the membership. The loyalty points and replay badges help, but IMHO not a subsitution for features that are germane to my level of commitment.

Which is why I make a point about Legendary Memberships would have more value if they included this feature without any other additional charges (from Replay Badges, Loyalty Points or Marketplace Cash).

Try reading what I say before making personally offensive comments in response.
    • Like x 1
  15. DarthDiggler New Player

Are you a free to play player or a subscriber? Do you really have too much cash on you? I could find a home for any extra if you like.

:) LOL
  16. Drake_DuCaine Well-Known Player

No, I did not read anything you said...

You're going to call me a moron, but you're complaining that you don't get enough benefits for paying for a service...Then stop paying for the service?. You seem like the moron who keeps paying for something they're not happy with...I'm a Legendary player and I have no problem with them wanting to charge for this or anything else. I mean by your train of thought they should give you free marks for logging in every day, and by free marks I Mean it sounds like you want 20 marks a day just for logging into their game because you're legendary. Or you should get free gear because you're legendary. You're well aware of what they offer to legendary memberships, and you say it's not worth it...So uh...Stop buying legendary? That would be the logical thing for you to do, right? I mean you see no benefit in it so why are you still paying for it? They're not hiding anything...I don't pay for anything in this game outside of my Legendary membership...So not sure where you're getting this "I bet they wish they had more players like you." No...They need less players like you who feel they're entitled to everything just because they drop a couple bucks on the game. Do you also think you should get free R&D scanners ? and free respec tokens because you're legendary? True Legendary member sdon't get much benefits over the other outside of unlocked DLC and no escrow. But it's like I said, if you feel you're being shafted, then stop paying for it. It's really really simple bro...
  17. Laff Riot New Player

QFT!

I agree.
    • Like x 1
  18. ACW37162 Loyal Player

You get plenty of benefits for subscribing as do I, more is not needed and more is not needed in drawing a line between those who subscribe and those who pay as they go.

For the record no pay as you go players no game, there are simply jot enough legendary members to keep the game going.
  19. Gwalir Loyal Player

I'm with Drake on this one, in that this doesn't seem to be nickel and diming to me anymore than them releasing Styles on the Marketplace that we have to buy if we want. After all, neither one of them are necessary to advance in the story, and neither have that much effect on gameplay (I'm one of the ones who feel that having two 100 SP characters doesn't help anymore than having just one).

Ultimately though, it's up to each of us whether we consider this worth it or not. Judging by the number of thumbs up the original post has though, which is more than I've seen on any other post, I'd say probably the vast majority of the community is okay with this.

I will agree that the Legendary membership could use a bit of a boost so as to be a more attractive option, but I'd rather have stuff unique to Legendaries rather than something that could be just paid for separately a la cart as a Premium.
  20. DarthDiggler New Player

Technically I never called you a moron re-read the post. You on the other hand you were the first to call names here...

Look we aren't having a conversation, so I see no point in continuing this. This is a forum and this message is to feel out how the community feels about the service, I am sure SOE is very pleased most of their audience seems to want to pay more money for products within DCUO disguised as features.

Have a great day.