New season of pvp

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by Rich Homie Quan, Aug 16, 2014.

1. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

To break down exactly how I interpreted what you meant:

Saying that there is already a mode wherein that type of balance exists and we don't need another is telling people who want that sort of balance in arenas to go play legends.

Now obviously that's not what you meant, but it is a pretty ambiguous statement, so phrasing it better would have helped avoid this as evidently I'm not the only person who interpreted it to be as such.

By that logic we should all still be living in caves because other people had to go through that struggle. I get it is slightly infuriating that you went through that grind and now others don't have to, but let's be realistic here: The last DLC that gave any PvP related feats was Home Turf if I'm remembering correctly. The last piece of gear you could earn in pvp (cr90) came out over 8 months ago. So for those people who are only interested in PvP they are forced into doing PvE and your logic behind is "because I had to".

Its most definitely possible, but do you realize how horrendously bad someone needs to be in order to lose while wearing t5 gear to someone using fresh cash gear? The amount of screw ups the t5 can afford is absolutely ridiculous.
  2. Lawlessworlddc New Player

That's a bold face lie. Re read my post please.
  3. Sabigya Steadfast Player

4. TheVoiceOfReason Well-Known Player

Am i the only one who thinks this new pvp season is a horrendous idea? For the people that want completely fair competitiveness in vpv that is exactly what legends is for. Arenas are and should be so people can utilize the full awesomeness of the characters we have built and created. Frankly i have no problem getting romped in arenas when i'm on my alt by a character who has ht mod and items and massive skill points. They earned them and should have the advantage and frankly it makes the victory that much sweeter when i beat them anyways.

Instead of completely ruining arenas they should create something new entirely that gives people the middle ground between using your own character with the competitive balance that legends has but they shouldn't kill arena pvp in the process. Frankly i just see the new arenas to get very boring vey fast just like legends did.
  5. Moxley Mayhem Dedicated Player

i do not need a break down of how you interpreted what you thought i meant. it's pretty evident how you misinterpreted or read it as you wanted to read it. the balance people are asking for is multiplying the chances of a fresh off of the braniac ship noob to beat a long-term veteran. that's why we're getting GU41, right? so a guy with no experience can finally win against someone who is experienced? call it what you want, but i'm sticking to what i said because i simply oppose the idea of catering to noobs.

this whole still living in caves analogy you keep giving, my question to that is, what in life that we set out to accomplish doesn't involve a bit of struggle at first? since you want to be realistic, why is that a problem here? why reward someone who isn't willing to put forth the effort? that's what's happening according to your logic. in the case you present, probably would've been better if the devs actually delivered more pvp content having relative feats, than making things easy for those unwilling to grind.

i was actually thinking more so a guy in punchline defeating someone in adaptive android, your example seems a bit far-fetched. but hey, when GU41 releases, that won't be such a stretch because the players who use gear as an excuse for why they lose will finally get what they want; awesome.
  6. Sabigya Steadfast Player

According to that, PvE gear should not be removed from PvP and PvP gear should be allowed in PvE.
    I earned those, I should have full rights to use them where ever I want. When was the last time a FNL showcased Arenas?. When was SoE live conducted in Arenas?.
    Some will hate it most will like this. It will easily increase PvP population due to more players competing and not having to farm PvE content for HT mods and farm legends for t5 gear. It will allow anyone to hop right in and win [If they posses superior skill].
  7. Moxley Mayhem Dedicated Player

you're not alone, i've been arguing that in this thread the entire time. defeats every purpose of what was grinded for, too many want things easy.
    • Like x 1
  8. TheVoiceOfReason Well-Known Player

M
    Nope never said that although i do not have any problem with pve gear being used in arenas and pvp. But regardless ht was released as both a pvp and pve dlc and it should be allowed in arenas. Skill points should also carry some weight as well. Pvp gear should still never be allowed in pve.
  9. Sabigya Steadfast Player

You don't seem to get the difference between grinding and progressing.
    You can get to T5 by not winning a single match. Many have done it. Go to 1v1 lair battles, take your gear off and wait 8 seconds. Rinse and Repeat. That is grinding. Which should not provide an advantage. Progression should.
    Its not like PvE where you have to complete the instance in order to get the rewards. You are rewarded for losing which makes progression invalid.
    Same thing with HT mods. You can spend 10$ and 10 minutes in an alert for full advantage over someone who does not have it.
  10. Sabigya Steadfast Player

Why? I earned my PvP gear, Why can't I use it?. Ruins the whole point of grinding for PvP gear.
    http://dcuniverseonline.wikia.com/wiki/Home_Turf
    Please show me where it mentions anything about PvP. If you mention lair battles that means any PvE DLC that includes Legends also qualifies as PvP DLC.
  11. TheVoiceOfReason Well-Known Player

Not one bit. And pvp gear isnt even good in pve anyways. Before it was banned in pve anyone wearing pvp gear in pve always sucked and usually just got kicked from group anyways.
  12. Sabigya Steadfast Player

How is that any different then going into a 4v4's pug with 3 of the other players being T1?. Do they suck? Are they not allowed to run anything past 1v1's? Should they be kicked [If it was possible in PvP]?.
  13. Clutchmeister Loyal Player

Yes, and I also stated that's why most MMO's PvP progression system is notorious for being poorly designed. It's also why I mentioned Guild Wars 2 as a better example.

You see you can still have those things - abilities, weapons etc. is all part of your character that you can have put on an even footing with other people. You can customise it how you see fit so it's still your character, but you won't be able to press buttons and kill someone even if they're much more skilled than you are.

The guts and foundation of the character aren't taken away by making things even.

And that's the whole problem! No one should have to pay to be on even terms with anyone, that's the definition of pay to win, granting people superior items to help them win against other people that may be evenly skilled or better than them.

Paying for the option to unlock them faster/instantly? Now that's fine, because at least the other people have the opportunity to catch up over a longer period of time and allows people to support the game. But only being allowed to pay for something which gives you an advantage that only people who pay for it can receive? I challenge you to find me one F2P game that allows people to purchase things which give you an advantage that F2P players can't get that is also successful. DotA 2 and LoL are great examples of games that allow you to unlock things or spend money on things without giving you access to things which are more powerful that you can only get while paying for.

In fact, balanced PvP is more likely to attract new players because they aren't going to get stomped by people who have 17 tiers of higher gear than them. If they get stomped, it'll simply be because the other player is much better than them and it'll be far easier to identify and work on what they're doing wrong (another advantage of having balanced PvP).

PvP will be more fun for a larger majority of people because they will lose simply because the other people were better than them, it will be far less frustrating for newer players as they only have to get over one initial bump (learning curve) and not two (gear progression).

You can still farm for styles without the need for several pieces of gear, just have styles purchasable with PvP marks. That's another problem you brought up which is fixed by doing that.

I take the viewpoints of others very seriously, a sarcastic end to your comment on that doesn't help you seem any more knowledgeable or make what you say anymore valid.
    • Like x 1
  14. keltic warlord New Player

Paying for the option to unlock them faster/instantly? Now that's fine, because at least the other people have the opportunity to catch up over a longer period of time and allows people to support the game. But only being allowed to pay for something which gives you an advantage that only people who pay for it can receive? I challenge you to find me one F2P game that allows people to purchase things which give you an advantage that F2P players can't get that is also successful. DotA 2 and LoL are great examples of games that allow you to unlock things or spend money on things without giving you access to things which are more powerful that you can only get while paying for.

see for me just grind it for free,it refines the skills a bit more.when i actually sat down and done it had 90 pvp gear in less than a month.with that said what is wrong doing some grinding to get where you want to be?
  15. TheVoiceOfReason Well-Known Player

Because if thats the best they got available and its better than the current pvp gear they have access too then they should be allowed to use it. Theres nothing you can say or any argument you can make that i haven't seen or is going to convince me other wise. Its all opinionattive and ultimately neither of our opinions will matter. But based on the way the game has been since it came out i don't see why arenas should be made to be like legends but with our own characters. The whole point of having the 2 is one creates competitive and fair balance and the other alows you to maximize the potential of your character people have the option to play one or the other to their preference. I finished all my arena feats long before they nerfed them and i'll most likely never play arenas again after this update. And like i said in my first post. If people wanted a middle ground between arenas and legends they should have created something new entirely rather than decimating a fun system. The problem with arenas has never been about pve gear but more about the que system and the fact it is always unevenly matching opponents.
  16. Moxley Mayhem Dedicated Player

what was that you were quoting about sound arguments again? where in that last reply of mine did i speak of progression? nowhere, i spoke specifically of the grind, so what are you saying? i don't know, i always thought it made sense that whoever had the most advanced weaponry would come out on top in most cases. yet, people aren't willing to grind for that?
  17. Sabigya Steadfast Player

Grinding =/= Progression. You progress in PvE, You grind in PvP. Both of those should never be mixed together.
    If you can get to 90 gear [without losing every single match] you should be good with the counter system, and use that to your advantage over someone who has 88 gear.
    If you are good and well with how PvP works, all this will do is allow you for you to have better competition and allow skill to triumph.
    However, if you are winning soley due to your stats advantage or HT advantage. This update will hit you harder then Gu36 hit weapons.
  18. Sabigya Steadfast Player

Grinding should not make you good. Progression should.
    Progressing allows you to develop skills and adept to the counter system.
    Grinding allows you to have higher gear then somebody and that is the main reason you are winning.
    Think of it as a chess tournament and the trophy being CR 90 PvP gear. Would your rather get the trophy by beating everyone and improving your skills along with it or because you lost every single match, but you lost enough matches to get yourself the trophy.
    • Like x 1
  19. Lantern Doomblade New Player

The new rage crash only healing back 25% of the damage you take is not going to cut it. Rage tanks are the only ones that have to use two powers to get their mitigation. We have to use a power for rage mode and a power to cancel or mitigate it. Rage is the only tank that can use two powers and still only get half of the mitigation that any other tank would've gotten by using one power. For this reason the heals from rage crash need to heal you for 50% of the damage you take. The mitigation powers should decrease rage crash damage by 25%. However to make rage tank balanced the heals from remorseless recovery should be set to half of the damage you heal.
  20. Volkenraider Loyal Player

Nah PVE is more of a grind lol.. and its boring as F too haha, how is spamming alerts and raids progression?

Its quite difficult to get to full android losing every match, takes for ever mate... been playing my vill pugging 2s liars winning about 80% of my games doing it a few hours a day and im only at 3/8 adaptive android... imagine losing every game :eek:

The arena changes look good on paper and I don't oppose any of them.. If you are good you will remain good, if you relied on finisher spamming then yeh youre screwed

But I wouldn't say PVE is progression tbh