New season of pvp

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by Rich Homie Quan, Aug 16, 2014.

1. Sabigya Steadfast Player

There will be new armor styles, they will most likely not change anything associated with current styles
  2. ReemX New Player

I hope we can keep using our marks of valor for the new gear, really looking forward to using the ones i have atm...
  3. Sabigya Steadfast Player

They will not change from MoV you are good ;)
  4. Ancient nemesis New Player

So as a tank pretty much I'm simply a DPS with slightly less DPS and slightly more health? If so I'm not seeing the reason to be more than a DPS in the new update
  5. Alpha XXX New Player

It was an odd presentation in some ways, lots of stats that prove pvp is really exceptionally popular in dcuo compared to most MMO's, then a conclusion this means major changes are needed?

I know there is lots wrong with what we have but change too much and you remove the very essence of what keeps it popular. The theory of upping the impact of skill is fine but as we can all attest Lag is always a factor and you can up the twitch factors to the point lag is the real differentiator - which is no fun for anyone. Loadout strategy is also a key factor and fuel for a whole sub culture of free game marketing (ie Youtube)...where's that gone and will the rationalisation of sodas and trinkets reduce their diversity? Then the reduction of roles significance .... another fuel for the free marketing via youtube are those epic pvp fights usually by invested leagues with great teamwork is that being properly factored.

I know this sounds rather negative, I really relish some of the new ideas......but as someone just beginng to have real fun in pvp, and someone who experienced combat changes in Matrix Online and Star Wars that all but killed pvp I do worry at the larger aspirations here particularly in the light of clear statistical data that shows what we got is actually very popular.
  6. spack2k Steadfast Player

Dps have no extra crits (affinity bonus of gear) so its actually better to run in ur tank/heal/troll role if u ask me... but we will know more when gu41 hits the test server.
  7. Zeo Committed Player

Sorry I guess I did not ask right, I want to know if the current style of armor (aeronaut for me) will rotate, giving space for new styles, making the actual might be obtained only in npc selling styles.
    I'm on PvP just for styles and I don't think that I will get the full set before of the GU41.