New Open World Boss in STARRO THE CONQUEROR!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, May 4, 2017.

1. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

The only downside was the lag spikes that plagued me when this was going on xD.
  2. Here2Help Devoted Player

Yeah haha, but definitely worth it. Haven't had these sort of open world fights in ages! Just wish the boss was actually a bit more challenging and we had some people going down. Out of my 54 fights, I think I only saw one person die and I didn't really have to do much. It was just one massive sparring target dummy.
  3. calvin_0 Dedicated Player

as if turning on LFG chat channel will magically add more player to the game.. if the game is active, i wont able to enter a empty phase 3 times in a row.. compare to that few years ago, i never hit an empty phase..
  4. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

Eh It was something unexpected, so I'll take it.

Plus it's kinda hard to tell if it's truly a hard mechanic since it's the first open world boss raid we've gotten in a long time. I honestly don't ever remember when there was 30+ people working together to stop a Bounty. Most of the time I've seen about 8 players max.

I'd say All in All Props to DBG on this, they really worked it out.
    • Like x 1
  5. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

You aren't excusing yourself out of this one, Regardless of how many empty phases you get into you made the following claim" new event is up and nobody is playing"

If nobody was playing, you wouldn't see players in the screenshots I've submitted. And if you turned LFG on, you would see more players available then what your currently standing.

Ergo: You made a false claim, and I merely proved you wrong.

As far as population goes as whole, that's another subject entirely.

The game dies when nobody is playing, and I've proved you wrong; people are playing the event.
    • Like x 1
  6. Here2Help Devoted Player

Oh no, don't get me wrong. It was a great addition to the Major Event and a great first step. Just moving forward I hope we can somehow see slightly more interesting and challenging open world bounties, that's it :)
  7. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Yeah it's health is the same but it's hitting hard and hijacking iconics more than it was this morning.
  8. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

A few times I was there when it first spawned and I think it might be a lot closer to your specifications once we all have the feat and we don't have the entire EU server whaling on it.
  9. Emoney Dedicated Player

I waited 45 minutes for ONE. I cant believe some of you over 50. I was trying to phase, but the blackout between phases got worse and worse until about the fourth time it DCd me. Ps4 btw devs.

Bounties are great.....sitting around for hours, not great.
  10. ItzLewDot781 Active Player

They are spawning VERY QUICK now. Thank you mepps. Just finished my KILL 54 times feat. lol. 50 Points for me.. THANK YOU!!!!!!!
    • Like x 1
  11. RTHERMITE Well-Known Player

is it normal to log off and log back in several times and not a single soul is in the starro deluge zone. I even tried other characters and no one is around, maybe they take 45 minutes to spawn like the starro bounty. very frustrating.
  12. Here2Help Devoted Player

Spawn timer is apparently still the same. It's just the amount of different players finding different phases.
    • Like x 1
  13. Here2Help Devoted Player

14. ozzy1111 Dedicated Player

60 mins...come on. that's way to long!!!!!
  15. Masm Active Player

So, is the event being extended past May 31st? Or are they expecting us to unlock this in order to get the feat to complete the weekly 9 times?
  16. recoil Committed Player

so does anybody have a small list of the things that drop off this? are they normal r&d with attuned gear or what? really want to know before i try it.
  17. Isif Committed Player

Oh you know the answer. Lol.
  18. SuperBell Loyal Player

Poor Trickster. Starro is bogarting his spot. Trickster wouldn't stand a chance.
  19. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

You mean the rewards for this bounty or rewards for the entire seasonal?

They give you 6 spores for beating this open world bounty, that's pretty much it.

But if it's for the entire seasonal as a whole: Someone has made a rewards guide here.
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/starro-event-reward-guide.285083/
  20. Solankeee New Player

[IMG][IMG]
    It's going down for real :D