Starro Event Reward Guide

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by StealthBlue, Mar 11, 2017.

1. StealthBlue Loyal Player

The Starro event has now become part of the Deluge episode. Everywhere below where it says you earn spores, you now earn Atlantean Crowns. Existing Spore currency will be converted to Atlantean Crowns 1 for 1, automatically when the episode launches. Certain items from the Starro event will now only be available in the Starro the Conqueror Loot Box on the vendor or in the member/owner box. For more details on new rewards in the episode or changes to existing rewards see the Episode 31 guide.

The Currency (marks) for the Event is called Spores. The first time you enter the event version of Central City, you will be given a specific mission from each of the 4 Scientists in the area, one by one. Then you can run them again on the first day for free without resetting them. You also get access to the weekly open world mission at that time. It looks like there is a free daily mark once you complete the pointer mission (which has you do the open world dailies, the duo or alert, and the raid), so try to run everything the first day. The pointer mission itself gives 6 Spores, bringing the single time total to 10 Spores.

Daily open world 5 Spores (4 are resettable, 1 is given daily for showing up and talking to a scientist after you complete the pointer mission)
    Weekly open world 22 Spores (8 from Applied Sciences which is available after completing the first 4 missions, 8 from Radio Starfish which must be unlocked see the Bounty for details, and 6 from the weekly Starro group bounty added on 5/4 see the Bounty for details)
    Duo 1 Spore
    Alert 3 Spores
    Clamped Raid 10 Spores (2 additional Spores if you have "Sori not Sori")
    Members only Challenge Raid 10 Spores (2 additional Spores if you have "Sori not Sori")
    Note: the Members only raid requires a minimum CR of 185, suggested CR of 189.

The event is scheduled to start on April 5th (a Wednesday), and is expected to last two months. If it lasts all the way through May 31st (8 full weeks and the extra launch day), the totals below should be accurate before you get the Sori not Sori feat, without spending any replay badges, and before any bonus Spore weekend(s). As long as you complete the pointer mission, defeat one of each of the controlled Iconics in the Event Central City, and complete all available missions.

So that would be 105 Spores for a week without replays on a character, or 854 for the 8 weeks and a day the event is anticipated to be up (for a 185 CR member). (Note: 8 week total accounts for the new Starro bounty only being up for 4 weeks)

A non member (or character below CR185) would get 95 Spores weekly, or 774 for the 8 weeks and a day of the event. (Note: 8 week total accounts for the new Starro bounty only being up for 4 weeks)

Vendor Items:
    Astral Warrior Style (comes in non-tradable gear boxes, and will attune to your CR, max item level 164) 3 star feat for collecting all styles.
    Head 85 Spores
    Shoulders 80 Spores
    Chest 95 Spores
    Back 65 Spores
    Hands 50 Spores
    Waist 60 Spores
    Legs 95 Spores
    Feet 50 Spores
    Note: The 1 Star feat "Sori not Sori" can be obtained by wearing a mixture of the event vendor items and the gear items from the Team-Up Time Capsule (the gear set is called High-Density Tactical Gear). You must be wearing all 8 style pieces, between the two sets to get the feat.

Collection pieces (tradable as of 4/20 patch):
    Starro Wars Collection piece - Relic from Planet Hatorei 205 Spores
    Unlucky Stars Collection piece - Justice League Report: Starro 205 Spores
    Fallen Stars collection piece - Purple Control-Star Shell 30 Spores
    Space to Face collection piece - Arctic Outpost Audio Tapes 30 Spores

Style (non-tradable) 1 Star feat for collecting all styles
    Starro - Shoulder 30 Spores
    Starro - Back 30 Spores
    Starro - hip 30 Spores

Omnipotence Plans (plans non-tradeable, gearboxes non-tradeable)
    OP mask plan 205 Spores (max item level 174) 3 star feat for equipping
    OP utility belt plan 75 Spores (max item level 172) 2 star feat for equipping
    OP ring plan 75 Spores (max item level 170) 1 star feat for equipping

All of the above items are needed for various feats, and total to 1495 Spores.

There are some additional items on the vendor as well
    Fabricated Motes 15 Spores (this is not the same Mote as used for the Enhanced versions of the vendor gear/OP Mask, or that drops from content. It's used to craft the Enhanced version of the gear that drops in the Team-up Time Capsule)
    Tiny Starro 205 Spores
    Base Item Box 2017 10 Spores

The only items I see that can be bought on one character and transferred, would be finishing the collections on different characters. In the last post I had reserved, I've listed my suggestion for getting all of the vendor based feats for the event.
    • Like x 35
  2. StealthBlue Loyal Player

The vendor gear comes in unattuned gear boxes, so make sure to check which pieces you still need so you don't waste Spores. The gear will attune to the role of your choosing, damage or the second one based on your power (healer, controller, or tank), and will also be assigned an item level based on your current CR. The max CR for this vendor gear is 164. There is a 3 star feat for collecting all of the pieces.

The first time you open the gearbox for a certain piece, you will get a plan to craft the Enhanced version of the style. See the next post for details on crafting costs and rewards.

As with Amazon Fury III and the Anti-Monitor event, there is a feat for wearing the full set of vendor gear at the same time (or mix of vendor and Time Capsule gear, this time called High-Density Tactical Gear). This 1 star feat is called "Sori not Sori".

Here is the regular version of the vendor gear set (Pulled from the Development Update)
    [IMG]

and the upgraded version (Pulled from the Development Update)
    [IMG]

Below are pictures of each piece individually.

Head
    [IMG]
    Shoulders
    [IMG]
    Chest
    [IMG]
    Back
    [IMG]
    Hands
    [IMG]
    Waist
    [IMG]
    Legs (colors on the legs may be slightly different, I missed this piece when I was getting images the first time)
    [IMG]
    Feet
    [IMG]

Additional styles (1 Star Feat)
    Starro-Shoulder
    Starro-Back
    Starro-Hip

Video by Torikumu (also shows the OP mask) in the Test Reward thread

Like the vendor gear, the OP items will attune to you based on your current CR. However, you Purchase the plan from the vendor, then must craft the unattuned box. Below are the max item levels for the 3 OP items that are available in the Starro Event.
    OP Mask max item level is 174
    OP Utility Belt max item level is 172
    OP Ring Max item level is 170
    • Like x 12
  3. StealthBlue Loyal Player

Here are the R&D costs for the Starro Event plans.

Note: There is a 10% damage bonus in all Starro content (instance and open world) for completing the Enhanced Conqueror's style. This is tied to the 0 point feat for crafting and collecting all of the Enhanced Conqueror's style pieces called "Hey Now, You're An All-Star". I'm told that 0 point feats can usually be purchased for the same number of replay badges as 1 Star feats. Feat purchasing was disabled on test, so we will have to wait for confirmation that this works on live.

Head
    15 Complex Material
    25 Simple Material
    5 Conqueror's Motes

Shoulders
    15 Complex Material
    25 Simple Material
    5 Conqueror's Motes

Chest
    15 Complex Material
    25 Simple Material
    5 Conqueror's Motes

Back
    15 Complex Material
    25 Simple Material
    5 Conqueror's Motes

Hands
    15 Complex Material
    25 Simple Material
    5 Conqueror's Motes

Waist
    15 Complex Material
    25 Simple Material
    5 Conqueror's Motes

Legs
    15 Complex Material
    25 Simple Material
    5 Conqueror's Motes5

Feet
    15 Complex Material
    25 Simple Material
    5 Conqueror's Motes

OP Face
    20 Agressive Exobytes
    20 Fortified Exobytes
    20 Support Exobytes
    50 Complex Materials
    150 Simple Materials
    5 Conqueror's Motes
    25 Starro's Ossicles
    5 Starro's Tentacles
    1 Starro's Endoskeleton

OP Utility Belt
    16 Agressive Exobytes
    16 Fortified Exobytes
    16 Support Exobytes
    40 Complex Materials
    120 Simple Materials
    25 Starro's Tubercles
    5 Starro's Spine Fragments
    1 Starro's Disc

OP Ring
    12 Agressive Exobytes
    12 Fortified Exobytes
    12 Support Exobytes
    30 Complex Materials
    90 Simple Material
    25 Starro's Paxilla
    5 Starro's Spore
    1 Starro's Eye

R&D totals
    560 Simple Material
    240 Complex Material
    45 Conqueror's Motes (drop from the content, but may drop from a new Time Capsule. Note: these are not the same Motes as on the vendor)
    48 Agressive Exobytes
    48 Fortified Exobytes
    48 Support Exobytes
    25 Starro's Ossicles
    5 Starro's Tentacles
    1 Starro's Endoskeleton
    25 Starro's Tubercles
    5 Starro's Spine Fragments
    1 Starro's Disc
    25 Starro's Paxilla
    5 Starro's Spore
    1 Starro's Eye
    • Like x 11
  4. StealthBlue Loyal Player

Here are the Collections for the Starro Event.

Starro Wars
    Rare drop from the "Starro Loot Cache".
    Reward is Starro Tech Aura, 3 star feat for collecting the Aura
    Note: This Aura CAN be traded. It has been seen on the Broker.
    1. Relic from Planet Hatorei (Vendor only 205 Spores)
    2. Starro-tech Chip
    3. Modified Darkstar
    4. Atlantean Research Notes
    5. Empty Quicklime Dispenser
    6. Beaker of Starro DNA
    7. Genetically Modified Starro
    8. Deputized Starfish
    9. Dissected Starro Hatchling
    10. Cored Glacier Chunk
    11. Decharged Tentacle Power Ring
    12. Frozen Starro Spores
    Video posted by Shark Dental in the Testing Rewards thread

Unlucky Stars
    Rare drop from the Member Treasure Chest in event instances.
    Reward is Starro Spore Aura, 3 star feat for collecting the Aura
    Note: This Aura CAN be traded. I have seen it on the Broker.
    1. Justice League Report: Starro (Vendor only 205 Spores)
    2. Green Lantern Report: Starro
    3. Sinestro Corps Report: Starro
    4. Sabotaged Motion Tracker
    5. Empty Flamethrower Tank
    6. Ripped Space Flightsuit
    7. Impacted Space Helmet
    8. Disarmed Thermite Charge
    9. Damaged Containment Unit
    10. Crushed Comms Headset
    11. Vial of Unknown Alien Liquid
    12. Broken Location Transponder
    From Torikumu's Youtube Channel

Fallen Stars
    Reward is a Mark of Victory, 3 star feat for completing the collection
    1. Purple Control-Star Shell (Vendor only 30 Spores)
    2. Green Control-Star Shell
    3. Starro Mothership Fragment
    4. Starro Genetic Material
    5. Severed Starro Appendage
    6. Detached Starro Eye
    7. Ancient Starro Fossil
    8. Viscous Starro Slime
    9. Cracked Starro Ossicles
    10. Starro Eyelash
    11. Incomplete Starro Cometform
    12. Fractured Starro Spines

Space to Face
    Reward is Starro-Scarred Face mask, 3 star feat for collecting the mask
    Note: Mask is cannot be traded. So you must complete the collection on the character you want the style.
    1. Arctic Outpost Audio Tapes (Vendor Only 30 Spores)
    2. Mangled Balaclava
    3. Cracked Ski Goggles
    4. Arctic Outpost Research Notes
    5. Shredded Long-johns
    6. Shattered Aquarium Tank
    7. Deactivated Navigation Device
    8. Disabled Handheld Radio
    9. Mountaineering Ice Axe
    10. Bent Avalanche Probe
    11. Blood Test Kit
    12. Charred Insulated Gloves
    Video by Shark Dental

Thanks to Shark Dental for help with the collection lists and rewards.
    • Like x 8
  5. StealthBlue Loyal Player

There are 3 feats associated with base items.
    Starro Research Assistant: collect any 6 base items from the event (1 Star feat)
    Starro Lab Technitioan: collect any 12 base items from the event (2 Star feat)
    Starro Biotechnical Opperations Director: collect all 17 different base items from the 2017 version of the event (3 Star feat)

Hydrothermal Vent
    Starro Heat Experiment - Test H143
    Starro Heat Experiment - Test H019
    Starro Dissection - Test A180
    Starro Dissection - Test A203
    Starro Specimen - ST-1
    Starro Specimen - ST-2
    Starro Dissection - Test A331
    Starro Dissection - Test A450
    Starro Dissection - Test A582
    Starro Dissection - Test A605
    Starro Stretch Experiment - Test S14
    Starro Stretch Experiment - Test S19
    Starro Tooth Specimen
    Atlantean Table - Stone
    Atlantean Table - Metal
    Starro Hatchery

Video by Torikumu from his Youtube Channel
    • Like x 6
  6. StealthBlue Loyal Player

Locations of the Controlled Iconics for the Fallen Stars Mission.

The Radio Starfish weekly mission will start showing up once you have defeated each of the controlled Iconics at least once. Then it will repeat weekly without needing to to defeat each Iconic again (per Charon). Also, it looks like there will always be one of each iconic up. So, for example, as soon as you KO Weather Wizard, he will respawn in one of his other two locations.

Weather Wizard
    Roof of the building north of the Hero base
    [IMG]
    Roof of the building south of the Villain base
    [IMG]
    Dome of the Flash Museum
    [IMG]

Trickster
    North East corner of the map
    [IMG]
    Billboard (north of the west end of the Flash museum)
    [IMG]
    North steps of the Flash Museum
    [IMG]

Kid Flash
    Western Roof of the Flash Museum
    [IMG]
    One block south of the Hero base
    [IMG]
    Flash Statue south of the Museum
    [IMG]

Black Lightning
    Northwest corner
    [IMG]
    One block north of Hero base
    [IMG]
    Roof one block west of Hero Base
    [IMG]

New STARRO bounty
    Helipad (one block east of the Villain base)
    Interact with the console just off the right side of the pictue (west end of the roof) to pick up the mission.
    There are 4 feats attached to defeating this giant Starro, and you do not have to have the mission to count towards the feats.
    Defeat Starro 1 time - 10 point feat
    Defeat Starro 9 times - 25 point feat
    Defeat Starro 26 times - 25 point feat
    Defeat Starro 54 times - 50 point feat
    Image from PsySomatic in the announcement thread for the new bounty.
    [IMG]
    • Like x 7
  7. StealthBlue Loyal Player

Note: With the addition of the Open World Starro bounty on 5/4, the total Spores in both of these options are out of date. You can get an additional 6 Spores a week per character. I'm currently using the spreadsheet to keep track of my characters completion on these items, so I can't update this at this time.

There are many different ways to get all these rewards for your characters. The first one the one I plan to use, since it is more relaxed and allows for some wiggle room (since the Spring seasonal will likely start in May, during the second half of the event). Note: Both plans do not account for the bonus marks from after getting the Sori not Sori feat.

[IMG]

I will be collecting the OP item plans and the starro style pieces on my main (character 1), the vendor gear on a character that the style fits (character 2), and finishing the collections on a 3rd character (though I will likely send the rewards for finishing the collections to my main).

Update: The reward for the Space to Face collection can't be traded. So that would be 30 more Spores you need on character 1 and less on character 3 (if you want the style on character 1). I'm currently using the spreadsheet I used to create these images to keep track of my own progress, so I won't be updating them until after I'm done.

Update 2: The collection pieces that you purchase from the vendor can be traded as of the patch on 4/20. So you can finish the collections on your main now.

If you notice, at the bottom I've shown how many spare marks each character will have at the end of the 8 weeks for both types of characters. These values also don't take into account the extra marks from the Sori not Sori feat granted for completing and wearing the full set of vendor gear.

Part of my reasoning for this, is that none of the vendor gear styles fit my main, so I will just buy the feats for it. But I can still buy a couple of pieces for characters other than character 2 and/or not feel like I have to run every single day to complete everything from the event.

It is also possible to get everything with just two characters. You would need to have one character over CR185.

[IMG]
    • Like x 10
  8. recoil Committed Player

any info on which collection rewards what?
  9. StealthBlue Loyal Player

Starro Wars and Unlucky Stars are both Auras with feats for collecting the Auras, so you can get the collections on one character and give the Aura to a different one if you want (the aura should be tradable even though the vendor collection piece isn't). I don't remember about the other two. I think that all four collections were tied to feats, but Space to face and Fallen Stars may just have feats for finishing the collections. I'll log in tomorrow and see if I can figure out what the rewards for these might be.
    • Like x 1
  10. StealthBlue Loyal Player

It looks like two standard auras, a location based aura, and a mark of victory. But there are feats associated with all four collections. In the case of the Auras, you need to collect the auras themselves. In the case of the fourth collection, the feat is associated with completing the collection. All four feats are 5 star feats
  11. VioletSorceress Committed Player

What are the requirements for "Sori not Sori" feat ?
    It would be nice of you can post them in OP where you first mention this feat increases rewarded Spores per instance.
  12. The Batzombie Well-Known Player

I like that torn cape. It would like good on my toon in place of the current tattered cape.
  13. VioletSorceress Committed Player

So we get "Sori not Sori" feat by wearing whole 8 pieces set - Astral Warrior set. ;)))))

Unfortunately, the three additional Astroidea styles dont contribute to Sori not Sori feat requirement.
    There is a 10 star feat to get all 3 pieces of Astroidea style tho.
  14. StealthBlue Loyal Player

I was trying to find a good place to mention how to get the feat, I guess in my last edit I removed it from one place and forgot to add it back somewhere else. I'll update the Second post right now to add that in.
    • Like x 1
  15. recoil Committed Player

thanks! i just really need to see the auras first before deciding whether or not i actually want to spend 98% of the 2 month event earning spores for them.
  16. StealthBlue Loyal Player

I know what you mean. I need to take care of some other stuff today, but if I can get back on test latter I'll see if I can find someone to farm the duo so I can hopefully finish off the collection for one of the auras. I still don't know where the other collection drops.
  17. McShotzzz New Player

The term location based aura throws me off a bit, would it be similar to the killer frost and heart ribbon "auras"?
  18. recoil Committed Player

yes. apparently this one is for the face.
  19. McShotzzz New Player

I like the idea of added vareity in the accessory tab, but i cant quite agree that they qualify as an aura and should fill its spot, although that my be tech limitations
  20. recoil Committed Player

agreed. especially a face specific aura. killer frost or heart ribbon is classified an aura because it's not gear nor does it interact with gear.