New Open World Boss in STARRO THE CONQUEROR!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, May 4, 2017.

1. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Giant Starro Invades Central City!

As if Starro’s invasion wasn’t already dangerous enough, a giant Starro Conqueror has been spotted battling key members of the Justice League on top of the Channel 7 building! The League will need any help they can get from nearby heroes and villains. Be careful though -- this fight may be tougher than expected if any of the Justice League fall victim to Starro’s mind-control.

This new boss encounter will spawn periodically in the Central City Starro Deluge Zone. Be sure to pick up the weekly Bounty mission to take it down! Both loot and new feats await heroes and villains who participate in defeating this intergalactic menace.

Level Requirement: 10
    • Like x 10
  2. ChillCat Loyal Player

SUPER GREAT!!!

(if you don't mind waiting ;))
    • Like x 1
  3. ItzLewDot781 Active Player

Is there a time limit the bounty spawns? Been here 15 minutes and nothing. Please let me know if bugged so I'm not sitting here for nothing. Thanks
  4. Magnificent Loyal Player

Lots of chatter in the DCUO Discord channel about timers being out of whack.
  5. Here2Help Devoted Player

I'm happy with there being something extra to do, but the boss just isn't strong enough. I'm nearly done with all of the feats (so 54 times) and I've only seen one person die. It feels like a massive sparring target dummy being spawned over and over. I feel this has been a missed opportunity to introduce something much more fun, challenging and exciting.
    • Like x 1
  6. IamINC Dedicated Player

Just had it spawn 3 times in 35 mins but earlier I didn't see it once for about 45 so god knows!!
    • Like x 1
  7. Aren Sul Committed Player

As an open world fan, thank you! Also, I like the idea that while these special events are going on, something gets added. :)
    • Like x 1
  8. Hraesvelg Always Right

Hmm, either you're getting other phases or the timer is variable. I sat in a single phase after we took one out and it was exactly an hour for me.
  9. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

The start time is when the boss dies, so that timer is specific to the phase you are in. If you leave or queue, you may end up in a different phase and see it more or less often.
    • Like x 1
  10. ItzLewDot781 Active Player

I have sat here for 45min. Nothing. Not leaving. Spawns at the helicopter pad?
  11. recoil Committed Player

so what's the loot?
  12. >>>KIra<<< Dedicated Player

Outstanding, Can't wait to get home to start
  13. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Yes, about 60 minutes after the last death.
  14. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

Can we speed it up at all?
    • Like x 2
  15. The Anxient Loyal Player

Spawn timer seems a bit excessive.
  16. not_again Dedicated Player

That is too long to expect people to wait around and not run instances. I think this needs to be looked into.
  17. ItzLewDot781 Active Player

Up in pve phase now. Thanks
  18. krytine Loyal Player

Wow that is an extremely slow time. Why did you set it so long? It should be like 30 minutes spawn times
  19. SheerFaith Committed Player

60 minutes?
  20. Here2Help Devoted Player

That's definitely not the timer over here on EU. It felt like it was on a decent timer over here. I would recommend checking how often it's spawning over here and apply that to the other worlds too. Managed to get the 54 done in like 5 hours with other people constantly checking different phases.