New Legends Event: Paradox Wave Begins November 26, 2015!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Nov 25, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The_fair_1 Committed Player

Well as long as you had people that knew what they were doing you could get through it... Sure they say it was bad just because they lost a bunch of scrubs that were bad at the game... Wave wasn't that bad, and WoTL pt1 was what brought the rise of replays because the raid was easy and drop rate was great... WoTL pt1 was the return of scrubs and was the true beginning of the end of DCUO
  2. The_fair_1 Committed Player

What leagues fell apart because of that? My league fell apart after OC because the game became too boring and full of scrubs who complained and whined that they couldn't beat something that took skill... And a large part of mmorpgs is raid content because they are designed to be very large op oriented for leagues/clans etc
  3. 12AngelOfLife21 Loyal Player

Who are you trying to kid lol? Dox lost scrubs, elitists, AND vets alike. Seriously, there weren't very many at all who actually liked it. Elitists and scrubs kept glitching dox for the best gear and were regularly glitching the EO feat on a daily basis. Most vets at the time found it ridiculous and not worth running because of all the stupid 1 shot mechanics. There were threads from vets at that time about how stupid the 1 shot mechanics and rage timers were. Vets, scrubs, and elitists alike all thought the raid was stupid and exploited it for months because of how ridiculous it really was.

And to claim the return of scrubs was the true beginning of the end of DCUO? You're joking right. Scrubs FUND THE GAME lol. The beginning of the end comes when you make raids that are universally hated like dox was. Dox was a universally hated raid. Scrubs hated it because they found it too difficult. Most vets were split on their reasons for hating it, but the vast majority of vets still hated it.

Also, the rise of replays was from BFE. The Dox glitching just exasperated the issue. Dox laid the groundwork for the end. WotL Part 1 was recovering the damage caused by Dox, son. WotL Part 1 was certainly not the beginning of the end. Dox was. WotL Part 1 was more the end of the beginning because it brought us out of the slump of Dox.
    • Like x 2
  4. Vesper Dedicated Player

We just ran this one 4 times for our group because no Bats were working. Had to round-robin to get each of us to be Flash for the feat. We used Classic Bats (twice), Modern Bats, & 52 Bats. None of them worked. USPC.
  5. 12AngelOfLife21 Loyal Player

Dude, there was a very clear decline in the player base because not many actually liked dox. Even the devs themselves mentioned that dox wasn't as well received as they would have liked. It was universally hated and a lot of good players left even. And your talk of skill is just laughable lol. Dox didn't even take skill. 95% of EVERYONE who finished dox at the time was glitching it and either shooting the tyrant through the invisible barrier at the top or glitching the door to keep it open. I know very few players who were trully beating dox legit when it was first released. It was sad. The difficulty of the raid even encouraged good, strong players to glitch it. Even strong groups were having difficulty getting it done so they just said, "screw it" lol. Should I remind everyone of a certain strong villain league that posted a video glitching the EO feat on the forums but the thread got deleted because it was posted where everyone could see how to glitch dox. Heck. When you have one of the best leagues in the game glitching a raid because it happened to be too difficult for even the strongest players to do it legit, THAT is when games start to die. And dox hit that mark. They spent months nerfing Dox just to make it a reasonable raid. They spent months resolving all of its glitches so people couldn't go easy street anymore.
    • Like x 1
  6. 12AngelOfLife21 Loyal Player

I bet your league was one of the many leagues that exploited the Dox glitches and didn't care too weren't they lol. Some leagues exploited the glitches daily and bragged about how good they were for beating dox even after they know they cheated to do so. Bit of news for you here. If you had to shoot the tyrant through an invisible barrier for the EO feat, you had no skill lol. If you had to leave the door open for the EO feat, you had no skill. Your league probably fell apart because your guys had differing opinions on how to handle the glitch. Some of you probably wanted to exploit it as much as you could as long as you got away with it. Some of you probably thought doing so was stupid. I know a few players who left certain leagues because certain leagues are full of rampant glitchers who actually prefer glitching over the honest approach.

Let's be honest. That was a major reason a lot of leagues fell apart after dox, but of course it wasn't the only reason leagues fell apart. Elitists glitching dox left and right on a daily basis left honest players behind because honest players who weren't glitching dox had a lower cr. We had total scrubs who just hit the minimum cr required to even run dox spam the dox glitches and get full traces gear in 1 night because they exploited dox. Those elitist scrubs I shall call them got a big head thinking, "Oh, my cr is higher than this guy's cr. I'm obviously better than he is." That big head, in spite of the fact he cheated to get the higher cr when the lower cr player was doing things the right way, is why a lot of leagues split up lol. You see, cheaters who exploited dox didn't even see it as cheating. In their mind, they didn't care. Cheating to them was still a legitimate finish.
  7. TestReporter Loyal Player

Mepps is working on it, u ran with 1 flash per run? o_O why not 3 flash 1 batman
  8. AJPro Committed Player

Take a raid with eight man mechanics make it into an alert with only four legends toons....what do you get.
    A whole lot of tedious and drawn out crap.
    It is not hard, it is not fun...it takes waaaay too long.

The frickin final boss still glitches out and resets....the heal bubbles grow and like get to heal him in a second because we are legends with whack attacks and there are only four of us.

Is it easy to complete...hell yeah, it is a tedious as watching paint dry heck yeah.

Either stop this LPVE crap or take these old and tired missions and add a new twist, change something. Have us go dienes new tunnel....fight the creature in his nest or something.

Finall the post have crazy health for four people...I.e. Again making tedious and long.

I feat hunt so will probably drag myself to do but darn u dcuo for making something such a grindy, long, annoying thing

Btw trols, got through easy, it is just boring and long...not hard
  9. garrick New Player

yo batman isn't working pls fix it thank you
  10. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

Always was an ice tank, nature healer, and atleast 1 hl and Celestial in the feat runs (because regular wave wasn't hard), unless all the dps were cheesing it up with 1h
    • Like x 1
  11. Vesper Dedicated Player

Because the first time my husband and I were running a different team-up while our friends did the Bats/Flash. One didn't get the feat. We didn't know about the glitch, and we didn't notice at first that our friend didn't get the feat. So the next round, my hubs went Flash and I went Bats. This time I noticed, and we went back and checked & saw our friend was missing feat now, too. My hubs & the 4th guy both had the feat at this point, and we were limited on time to play as a team. So the 2 of them teamed up to keep rolling on the team-up feats, while the other guy and I swapped Flash-Bats to finish each other's feats.

Four rounds. It may sound goofy to you, but it more-or-less made sense at the time.
  12. Murcan New Player

YOU get again only 3 Legend Marks and not 5. Always the same ERROR !! EVERY SINGLE TIME!
  13. The_fair_1 Committed Player

I knew of fire tanks and earth tanks that ran it, fire took more skill then the rest... I was a sorcery healer and I made it in and through fine and didn't have to have a celestial dps
  14. 12AngelOfLife21 Loyal Player

And they all used clown box to fight through an invisible barrier taking 0 damage in the process. Yeah, sure. It's never hard when you get into groups that cheated and exploited a glitch. Nothing's ever hard for stupid glitchers. The vast majority of those dox runs, probably at least 80% for sure, were nothing but people exploiting the various dox glitches that took months to fix. Heck, there were requests for the glitch in shout lol. Just a poorly designed raid all around.
  15. Miserable Dedicated Player

Respect your opinion but completely disagree. Paradox and Nexus were by far my favorite raids in the game, specifically because of how challenging they were. This is probably the same reason why the majority of players hated it, as you keep claiming. They weren't good enough to beat it and so they hated it.

I don't think those raids were nearly as bad as you're making them out to be, though. Maybe you weren't running with good enough groups back then. Heck, I wasn't even running with good enough groups and many of the pug groups I joined ended up failing. But I did have a group of friends back then who I'd run Nex and Dox with and any time I ran with them, the raids just went so smooth. The difference between running with them and running with pugs was incredible and made me realize that with enough skill, knowledge, awareness, and teamwork, those raids were not a problem at all.

A lot of people bring up "random" 1-bang mechanics as an argument to why Nex and Dox were poorly designed, but as far as I can remember, pretty much every mechanic that could 1-bang you was avoidable if you knew what to look out for. I loved those raids because I love an extreme challenge, but I guess there's very few out there who feel the same way.
  16. 12AngelOfLife21 Loyal Player

Nexus wasn't. Dox absolutely was. A lot of the best leagues in the game exploited the glitches because of how ridiculously bad it was. There weren't very many who were actually beating it legit. I guarantee probably at least 80% were glitching it daily. Even the best leagues in the game were having difficulty getting it done so they were encouraged to glitch it too lol. I didn't even run dox back then because of how ridiculously bad and ill conceived the raid was. IIRC I only ran it once just to get the headline and then totally ignored it until like December until all the problems with it were resolved.

No. It's not about skill, knowledge, awareness, and teamwork when at least 80% of groups were utilizing a glitch that allowed them to fight through an invisible barrier that allowed them to get EO and Stay Awake with ease. It wasn't a challenge per se. Challenging isn't even the right word. It was just a stupid, ill conceived raid and the devs even admitted to that. That's why most hated and exploited it. For crying out loud, even leagues considered the best leagues at the time were exploiting the glitches because even the strongest groups were struggling to get it legit. That's a fact right there. Even the devs mentioned how crazy dox was. There's a reason it took months of nerfing just to make it a reasonable raid lol.

Dox, without a doubt, was a low bar we should never hit again. Think throne in it's most broken state times 100 lol. Remember how many were glitching throne? Dox was much much worse than that even. Vets complained it wasn't a real challenge with all the bogus 1 shot mechanics and rage timers. Scrubs complained it was just too **** hard. Elitists were exploiting the glitches every hour of the day for 4, 5 months straight because every glitch that was fixed was broken again in the next update. It was most definitely a low point.
  17. Veritasum Loyal Player

Never been good with the names. But yes! :D
  18. Backseid Devoted Player

Really?! You were even a part of one of those Leagues that broke up over OC and your still defending it???!!! Unbelievable! You know exactly what I'm talking about, and it IS NOT the reason you mentioned (that or your just one of those types of people).

The real problem (for those that don't actually know) was that the Origin Crisis DLC was such a mess, you either put up with that load of crap-bugged out-full of Dev mistakes content, or you didn't play it. There were sooo many mistakes made, the raids were near unplayable.

So, what ended up happening, was that there was a split in the community - those that wanted to solder on and "try" to continue on playing - and those that simply didn't care and or knew better.

Withing Leagues, you had people that stood to one side and stuck together trying to beat that content. Many of these people ended up getting together with like minded people from other Leagues and blah, blah, blah. I was one of those people btw. I and 3 or 4 others left our League to firm a new one.

This content was so messed up, (missing gear, invisible effects, broken mechanics etc.) that your average player just didn't want to play it.

So don't defend OC. It was full of mistakes and should never have gone live as it was AND as the Devs have admitted.
    • Like x 1
  19. Kayla El Committed Player

Me and a couple of my friends managed to complete PW LPVE in 7:35 minutes. It's true that the instance can be a bit difficult for less experienced players, but it's also true that the instance can be relatively easy for more experienced players. I would like to suggest a couple of minor changes based on my experience with the instance in order to make it more enjoyable and accessible for everyone.

Paradox Warrior
    - his "super multi ball" attack should have its damage tuned down because right now it is too high. The main reason i am suggestion this is because i saw this attack one shot multiple players with full hp more then one time.

Paradox Opressor
    -his "normal attack" should have its damage tuned down because right now it is too high. The main reason i am suggesting this is because the player targeted is constantly forced to block and it's not fun to be forced to constantly block in a LPVE map.
    -his "ball encasement attack" should have its damage tuned down because right now it is too high. The main reason i am suggesting this is because you need to be very experienced to be able to anticipate and avoid this attack and if you happen to get encased you can barely survive it even if you have full hp.

Paradox Sentry
    -his "stomp attack" should have either its damage tuned down or have the number of times it is used reduced because the damage dealt is too high and the number of times the attack is used is too high. The main reason i am suggesting this is because it's almost near to impossible to melee dps him with most weapons/characters, because of those two aspects that i already mentioned before.

Paradox Ravager
    -his "healing fountains attack" should have the number of times it is used reduced because right now it is too high. The main reason i am suggesting this is because most players especially new ones are not that experienced with clip dpsing and it may seem too hard for them to take this boss down.

Paradox Tyrant
    -his "red skull multiple bite" attack should have its damage tuned down because right now it is too high. The main reason i am suggesting this is because if you don't block this attack it can easily kill you in an instant and again for someone who is new to the game/instance it can be a bit too much.

Personally i enjoy the hard mechanics in Paradox Wave, but considering the fact that this is a LPVE version of it and that it's targeted for a larger audience i personally think that some of those mechanics should be looked at and tuned down a bit to attract more players.
  20. Miserable Dedicated Player

Who were these "best leagues" that were glitch Dox? Because I'm pretty sure the best leagues were able to beat it. If I found it not too hard with a good group, then I'm sure there was a decent number of people beating it legit.

And please don't say "No. It's not about skill, knowledge, awareness, and teamwork," because it is. If a group possessed all these things, they were able to beat Dox with maybe some difficulty, but not too much. If you're saying 80% of groups had to glitch (which I'm assuming is a made up statistic), then maybe they just didn't have those 4 qualities. But they were definitely the deciding factors of the group's success, so yes, it was about that.

I agree, Dox was very difficult (which is why I liked it), but I think it was a lot more doable in non-pug groups than you make it sound.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.