New Legends Event: Paradox Wave Begins November 26, 2015!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Nov 25, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SnowStar Committed Player

Now I just queued and noticed it was Nexes of Reality. (sp). I'm not planning on running that.
  2. ssJoniFoXss Committed Player

No downtime?..
  3. Heal Time New Player

Dcuo just lost 1 more beta player because of Scamers like IIDESTOYERIII who jacked 10 mill and no 1 will do anything about it
  4. Theon Greyjoy New Player

5. Murcan New Player

U get again only 3 Legend Marks and not 5. Always the same fail!!!!
  6. II Care Free II New Player

Paradox Ravager Is Healing itself 2 fast when we are using chars like powergirl we cant killed him the healing ponds spawning on him healing him 2 max hp and the adds also spawning near him plz take a look at this and fix it plz thanks 4 listering
  7. II Care Free II New Player

the batman and flash team up is also bugging if u batman u wont get the feat but if u flash u get the feat itz gliching plz fix this 2
  8. Infyrneaux23 Dedicated Player

Yup. Batman not counting. C'mon guys. There's a screw up with a Legends character EVERY. SINGLE. TIME.
    • Like x 1
  9. BumblingB I got better.

Loche, for the love of all that is holy, why the heck did you leave in the healing element of the fountains when we have no way of putting a healing debuf with legends characters?

The same can be said about the bubble. Sure, it's not a one shot when you have full health, but if you don't. Dead...

Then there was the blue balls that knock you around.

The eggs on the sentry don't work half the time to remove the shields. His crawl still hard to get away.

Oh and when you get jailed, you don't get team buff anymore. :(

Yep, I remember why I hate this raid. It is not fun. I was going to farm it to get it out of the way, but now I don't even want to get the rest of the feats. This time around, I really just want to skip it. It's 100% not worth it. Trying to get new players through in a random queue can be worse than medieval dental tools, but I had a premade group.

Just not fun.

Happy Thanksgiving.
    • Like x 7
  10. Fies Committed Player

Imo best LPVE ever. Fountains die in AOE anyways didnt even notice. Bubble can be evaded? Do u even need to do the eggs? No idea about the team-buff issue/ didnt notice. No probs so far.
  11. Korlick Loyal Player

Randomly queing is going to be a nightmare.
    Sentry will wipe entire groups. Warrior too (although if you block there is nothing that one shot you). Ravager, if you dont have the burn, the fight will be very very long. Oppressor, other than the blue ball, i didnt find him hard at all.
    Tyrant, the only thing that could be a problem is the jail phase. But its not that hard.

Low level players randomly q, would not stand a chance at this. Unless is only one with 3 experienced players. But there are also the high level players that have never run Paradox Wave. Those, i believe, will have a hard time too.
    • Like x 1
  12. IIThe QuestionII Loyal Player

I have yet to play it, but if mechanics are the same as the OG paradox, it sounds fu...hte painful kind of fu it was whe it came out, but yeah...if this is the case, expect a lot of disbands. This raid requires clockwork teams, especially things like the oppressor, who while do a slight yawning motion before throwing the encasement, but with proper attention -i think- it can be done.

Just in case it helps a bit...here's a guide i put together a while ago for those who hae only approached dox at 130+ CR.

PARADOX WAVE GUIDE

Hope it helps :)
    • Like x 2
  13. Nyssa New Player

Hi,
    is there a min requirement of cr100+ for this?
    Im at cr80 and while we managed to take down the 1st boss( jumping one lol)
    the ravager takes us down everytime:(.
    Like poster Care Free said before hes at 100% fast.
  14. Telnano Active Player

ppl on EUPS say Batman/Flash Team-Up should work with Classic batman only, but it's not good, have only modern Batman or Flash.
  15. Deathmike Devoted Player

A skilled player who knows the mechanics shouldn't have that much trouble carrying 3 newblets through this. The same cannot be said for LoA and Courthouse LPVE.

For people who don't already know: Warrior / Oppressor will never target anyone with their ball / encase who is in point-blank melee range.

Deathmike out.
    • Like x 3
  16. BumblingB I got better.

I think people misunderstand. That's okay, most of the forumites do.

This instance is LPvE. Track record showed what they gave us. This is a stripped down raid that still has mechanics that require roles in it. Teambuff does not help in that regards.

But that's okay, intelligence does get lost when you are mindlessly typing "best ever" when you think that this will put hair on player's chest. Get gud or get out. Well, I'm out. Peace.
    • Like x 8
  17. Infyrneaux23 Dedicated Player

That's funny, 'cuz I pretty much only run Classic for aesthetic reasons and he's NOT working on PC. LOL. o_O
  18. Backseid Devoted Player

Lol! Even at 144 I still refuse to run this raid. Worst mistake the Devs ever made was this raid. OC was the beginning of the end for the game. It has been a downhill slide ever since that time.

Simply put, there's far too many mechanics going on. Nearly non of which makes enough sense for people to understand without heavily studding before hand.

For those that continue to prais/support content like this, keep it up. You're the reason the game is where it is.
    • Like x 7
  19. Jamos Well-Known Player

I played it a bit yesterday and was quite surprised. As in there are actually things that can kill you and if you aren't paying attention they totally will. Personally, I don't like it. I've run and beat Nexus and Wave as a fire tank before they were nerfed and enjoyed it. This however is LPvE. A dumb little pass time to bump out of the way while waiting on something else. Not going to say to get rid of all the mechanics but some of the heavy hitting moves really should be nerfed a little. Or else it will be the worst pug run ever. Because who tends to actually put together a full legends group? I can't remember the last time I did. Playing it with fresh level 10s will be a nightmare.
    • Like x 1
  20. Veritasum Loyal Player

I randomly Qd last night, got all (non team up) feats except not dying. Did die once. But I was able to melee all bosses np. Bosses drop within a couple of minutes. Anyway had no team wipes and got through just fine.

What remains as the most infuriating thing in this game are the bubbles that have you bouncing off of the walls, but at least this time they do very little dmg.

Anyway, the one thing that I am surprised that it hits as hard as it does are the columns that you go around taking down. When that energy comes off of them, you best be blocking with most of your health.

I could see a half way competent group doing this oddisey style. Based on my maiden run of this, I really see no reason to start talking about nerfing or cursing or anything like that.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.