New Legends Event: Paradox Wave Begins November 26, 2015!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Nov 25, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Korlick Loyal Player

What ive seen in all my runs today, yes, bosses drop fast if the people you run with know how to dps. And the stomp from the Sentry was killing everyone who was in melee range.
    The energy from the columns didnt do much damage.
  2. Hyppoli Well-Known Player

Ive been doing it and I m having a blast. :D
  3. Fies Committed Player

This doesnt require roles at all. U seriously taking offense in someone typing "best ever"? Its how I feel about it which should be equally valid as "I hate this raid" "It is not fun" "100% not worth". My observations just differ from yours. I random qued as well as LFGed for this and none of the groups couldnt finish it allthough I guess you are right regarding new players.
    [Insert adequate insult regarding intelligence and/or hair with a grain off b+tthurt here] + Im out. Peace.
    • Like x 2
  4. IIThe QuestionII Loyal Player

[IMG]

I'm one of those weirdos that loves Dox...considering pretty much everything else is a one trick pony, dox is one of the few instances where you need to get the serious-raid starter pack:
    [IMG]

That said and after reading B's reply where he said "It's LPVE" maybe yeah...it may be too hard for a LPvE
    • Like x 2
  5. Kreachure Committed Player

The oppressor balls are easy to dodge. There's an animation from the oppressor before one hits you, and a blue light drops from the sky. If you're under it then you get trapped. You can easily roll out of the way :eek:
    • Like x 2
  6. Veritasum Loyal Player

weird, last night I took very little damage from bosses. The sentry would do decent damage, but I could hang under its belly for at least a combo before rolling out. But the energy columns were near one shots. In fact, this is where I died and I'm pretty sure I had at least 75% health. I assumed it wouldn't hit hard and didn't bother to block and dead I went.

As far as dps, well I Q up 99.9% of the time so it's whoever. I admit I've had a few horrible experiences over the lifespan of the LPvE era. But the overwhelming majority of my runs have been very smooth. As far as Dox, I think that 1 good dps can carry 3 noobs through this. Nexus by comparison had a bigger pitfall IMO at the split, but even then I only ran into 1 nightmare group in all my runs. Still only took 35 min though which is relatively low I think.
  7. Veritasum Loyal Player

I was surprised at the Oppresor balls. People weren't getting away after he sucked and he throws out 3 balls. Well 3 times I was able to block in between the balls without a scratch. I was surprised cause I never pulled that off in the regular version. It seems like the aoe range has been dulled down a bit.
  8. Diligent Diggles Well-Known Player

Same here. Ever since the first time I ran Dox, I've always loved it. As far as LPVE, like Deathmike predicted, I was able to carry a group of newbies in through the event earlier today. No wipes, although they did die a couple times disregarding the mechanics. Also, it only took about 20 mins to complete.
    • Like x 1
  9. The_fair_1 Committed Player

OC was the best DLC imo, the raids legit took skill and complete knowledge to do... Nothing can live up to the high bar set by that DLC which is why the game has technically declined in pve aspect.
    • Like x 2
  10. ncgreenlantern Loyal Player

Well I'm glad skill points don't matter anymore because I'll pass on this one.
    • Like x 1
  11. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

Wave didn't take skill, it took certain powers to pass. Fyi wave was the first dlc that made replays king. Select memory is strong in this thread
    • Like x 1
  12. 12AngelOfLife21 Loyal Player

The game declined in pve aspect not because nothing can live up to the high bar set by OC but because the vast majority of the player base, even a lot of vets and elite players, absolutely hated OC with a passion. Many players, noobs, elitists, and even experienced vets left the game over DOX. Mainly because it was too difficult, was being exploited left and right by scrubs who just barely hit the cr level to get in, and the drop rate did not jive with just how difficult it was. It was 1 of the worst raids the devs ever conceived of and still holds that title today. Heck, the devs even stated just after releasing dox that it was a raid that just didn't go over well. OC was a very very low bar we should never return to. Fact lol. Challenge is one thing. Making a raid absolutely impossible or boring for the majority of your players is what went wrong. Dox was too challenging for many, too boring for others, and just laughable for some who, like me, refused to run it for months after it was released because of all the idiots glitching it. Worst raid in the history of the game imo. Not even Throne when it was in its most broken state was as bad as Dox was. I'm sorry, but PVE took a hit because of how bad Dox was. Wasn't until War of the Light 1 where the population really recovered from the BS that was Dox.

Mind you, Nexus was enjoyable. I stuck with that until they finally fixed the Dox mess months later. BIA and Family can be fun too, but I'm probably in the minority thnking that. But without a doubt, Dox drove many players away.
    • Like x 2
  13. AnonymousEUPS Dedicated Player

Move him away from the healing ponds then. You ever down paradox at level?
  14. Backseid Devoted Player

Lol! I understand you liked that content. You're certainly not alone. But, that's what started the decline. That DLC split apart Leagues from Christ's sake.

Ever since they began focusing on Raid content we have steadily lost people.

As I have mentioned, many times, raids are supposed to be a once in a while thing. This push to make it daily is never going to work. People just do not wanna deal with that type of content at all times.

Just look at other games. You have your daily content then ONCE a week a raid. Thats the format that works. That's why we have weekly lockouts. There's SUPPOSED to be plenty of non raid content.
    • Like x 3
  15. TheDarknessWithin Loyal Player

People exaggerate too much, EasyUniverseOnline they obviously want.

I've pugged it 3 times and enjoyed it easy in 17min each.

Keep it where it's at, it's not hard people over exaggerate.
  16. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

17. Original Kal Well-Known Player

They need to fix the Flash/Batman team up feat. Flash gets the feat. Batman does not.
    • Like x 1
  18. AnonymousEUPS Dedicated Player

Nothing diffucult about this at all. The content itself is years old for crying out loud, time to learn the damn mechanics and you WILL NOT DIE.
    • Like x 1
  19. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

You're getting Oppressor confused with Warrior. Oppressor is the one who places the furthest player away in a ball that explodes and KO's that player. Warrior is the one who shoots balls at individuals and does the vacuum to multi-ball attack.
  20. The_fair_1 Committed Player

As long as people knew what they were doing, they could get through it. There weren't specific powers required unless you were bad at the game. And I'll give you the replays but quite a few people couldn't do it so it didn't make replays truly King.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.