New Controller power

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by leapoffaithninja, Jan 23, 2014.

1. McGhee Well-Known Player

Shadow could be a good power. However, I hope it would be a tanking power. So other classes could teleport, not just trolls.
  2. Teminem Well-Known Player

I was thinking for a new troll maybe:

Magician- think about Mumbo Jumbo or Zatanna's powers

Arcane- It could be kinda like Circe's powers in legends
    • Like x 1
  3. Gargamond Dedicated Player

There's actually quite a few DC characters with this superpower. I hope you get your wish.
    • Like x 3
  4. Black Matter New Player

Would pay money for this powered alone.
    • Like x 1
  5. Harlequin_Nox Committed Player

I saw this thread and it reminded me of one I'd posted AAAAGGGEESSS (2011) ago - before the new forums, even: https://forums.station.sony.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/dark-healers-shadow-power-tree.114301/

Given that the thread I'd posted before had been passed on to the devs, and it included a Necromancy tree, I'm guessing that the Wicked tree of Celestial is what became of it (or I could just be an arrogant *** who had nothing to do with it at all). Point being that, if that's true, the Devs have already heard the call for a Shadow Power and answered it with Celestial.

I know that it's not the same thing, and neither is Necromancy, but they can't please everyone, and DC has to approve everything they do.
    • Like x 2
  6. sean04122009 Well-Known Player

7. thelight420 New Player

I like the shadow concept, could be fun. Hard call though, a water troll would be interesting but the power seems more tank or healerish. :)
  8. leapoffaithninja Committed Player

I think that the devs should start releasing powers separate from dlc schedule everybody would win people could choose what extra power they want so we could each have shadow, water, nuclear etc and the devs more $$ in their pocket win win power dlc small fee

[IMG]
  9. JRsoFLY_123 Committed Player

So many people with great ideas in dcuo so am starting to type this often

SGT APPROVED!
    • Like x 1
  10. leapoffaithninja Committed Player

some more images of shadow thief and smoke

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  11. JRsoFLY_123 Committed Player

Infamous doesn't count! Xd
    • Like x 1
  12. Statman New Player

I cannot support this thread enough!

I've always wanted Shadow powers, though I only just found this thread through Umbra's signature! I don't visit this section of the forums... ever, so I guess that's how I missed it. :)

Shadow powers! For any role! I really don't care what role, lol.
    • Like x 2
  13. Noisereject New Player

Think I just found your 100% SC

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120210050041/evangelion/images/c/c6/Leliel.png

Black Hole - Creates a gigantic black hole on the ground. Permanently stuns and roots enemies as well as increase all damage by 50% for the duration of the effect.

Also another SC

Dark Presence - Creates a solid form of yourself made of pure darkness. It will mirror all moves and powers done by the caster as well as increase damage by 25%.
    • Like x 2
  14. RageOfHeaven1990 New Player

One move could be Circe's Mirror Image in Legends except instead of summoning a copy of yourself you summon a shadow construct copy that fights with you (detonates upon death etc.)

They wouldn't even have to add an animation for that, and I would absolutely love that move lol.
  15. WraithShadow13 Active Player

I really hope that they do make Umbrakinesis the next powerset. It shows a lot of great potential, but the last thing i want, is for it to be just another battery for other heroes. Maybe they should make powers have an overflow effect, so when healers are healing too much, the excess goes into the power pool? Same with tanks defenses and the DPS boosts? I don't know, Shadow powers scream DPS, but don't really make sense in terms of healing of giving other people power. Hopefully, like red lanterns and celestial, they get creative with it and make it unique.
    • Like x 1
  16. The God New Player

[IMG]
    Do want!
    • Like x 1
  17. leapoffaithninja Committed Player

UPDATE PART 3 ADDED CONTROLLER DEBUFFS
    Power tree Shade of Shadows description tree based on fear the abilities will cause terror as well
    fear and rooting Specializing in the tree Shade of Shadows Tree Grants +1% critical attack chance and +35 power

1.Shadow teleportation or Shadow Deception: it is a pot different re-imaginations of pot it allows the user to give power and escape target from npc
    2.(Gallow: to fear or fright) in the Shadows: provides a instant power dump to three members with lowest power in the group
    3.Shadow tendrils: long range attack will strike up to four enemy's at once rooting and causing fear
    4.Dark Malice: pulls the enemy toward you only to teleport behind them and stab them damage debuff
    5. Terror of shadows: 25% super charger creates a 12 tendrils that seek and destroy said target
    6.Shadow armor: a skill buffs your health and defense transforms you into a shadow being sort of like ice buff
    7.Blackest night: 50% or 100% supercharger creates a sphere of darkness what ever is caught in this inflict massive damage the user of the ability teleports all in the sphere stabbing and slashing the enemy, senses of the enemy are dazed fear and confused they are then rooted for a time.
    8.Negative bubble: creates shield that prevents incoming damage
    9. Shadow redemption allow send a shadow that roots and causes fear defense debuff
    10.Shadow construct concept: summon a multiple of weapons that can be thrown at enemy’s
    11.Deceptive Shadow: create a shadow in your image or the tanks image to help pull agro allowing you to continue to do damage give power or help pick up fallen comrades healing debuff
    12.Corrupt shadow wave: send out a pulsing wave of shadow dark energy or tendrils that root and cause fear and burst damage

Power tree Darkness Energy bring your enemy’s to their knees by manipulating darkness and dark energy grounding gravity effects specializing in this tree +5% critical attack damage and +10 vitalization

1.Darkness aura: provides a buff for all darkness energy abilities and provides a pot grounding and stunning enemy’s
    2. Dark Gravity: a melee attack that inflicts grounding
    3.Darkest Forces: imbue your weapon with dark energy increasing the chance that your enemy will take damage extra damage they can be grounded or rooted
    4.Dark Implosion: knock enemy’s down on the ground damage debuff
    5.Dark energy field: 50% supercharger protects yourself and 7 others while active enemy attacks grant you power
    6.Dark Energy Emission: blast your enemy damaging them and inflicting fear and stunning any enemy’s that are 35% or lower take additional damage
    7.Dark emotion: 50 % supercharger blast your enemy with shadows and dark energy inflicting grounding and fear
    8.Dark energy bomb: inflicts burst dark damage inflicting gravity healing debuff
    9. Dark Summoning: summon a pet that deals damage and helps restore power
    10.Dimensional black hole: summon a black hole equal to your might inflicting massive damage pulling and rooting and grounding enemy’s reduce defense
    11.Dark Terror Well: uses dark energy to inflict grounding and terror, Enemy’s that are all ready grounded or who have been inflicted by fear or gravity effects will take extra damage
    12.Darkest Light a blast of energy that inflicts terror fear and grounding 60% modifier

[IMG]

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  18. leapoffaithninja Committed Player

I DEFIANTLY CAN SEE THE VISION WITH THE BLACK HOLE

That would be a new take on a controller great idea
  19. Ilikecookies New Player

I love the idea but since celestial already touches the theme I doubt the dev would go through with it.

Plus hey there's still lantern colors to exploit. YOU GUYS WANT MORE LANTERN COLORS RIGHT? RIGHT?

No but seriously, here's wishing it happens.

Not to mention it would be incredibly easy to animate. Just use slush with black texture. Could even re-use some of the rage animations.
    • Like x 1
  20. Original Empress Well-Known Player

Not really a DC character but Cloak from Cloak and Dagger would be right along these lines

[IMG]