New Controller power

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by leapoffaithninja, Jan 23, 2014.

1. ACW37162 Loyal Player

No ordeal at all, I wish the teleport was iconic so everyone had access.

But if the devs were going to put another one in game in would make sense for them to spread it around to other power sets, role types. You know thinking of the whole community instead of just part of it
    • Like x 1
  2. WildPegasusrs Dedicated Player

Supercharge: Turn the screen black to all enemies and enemy players nearby for a few seconds :p
  3. leapoffaithninja Committed Player

The mechanic of pot I was going for was a more visualization of pot with a teleport and darkness aura out the caster would know when pot is out still its hard to see that lightning bolt sometimes people always yell troll were is my pot when u thought u casted it after 4 ticks makes it fun to visual see it I think
  4. leapoffaithninja Committed Player

the healing super charger if you wanted to add one to the previous tree

could be

Embracing the Shadows: you take your allies shadows to heal yourself when you do this you buff their might or precision depending on power
  5. McSqwigg New Player

what about the power being more of a Blue Beetle type power... like a backpack that equips you with diferent weapons or powers that can help in different situations, like a hand cannon for damage, or a flamethrower, huge claws? think Gadgets mixed with HL?
    OR
    A hand cannon that can shoot out different kinds of ammunition. Like a net shell for CC, or a spike shell for DoT, or a Hyper Beam typ shell for a 35% finisher? Think Megaman! lol just some ideas for our Devs to think about?
  6. Vodka Committed Player

If we ever got Shadow powers, I'm making Ebon or Suspect.

[IMG]

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  7. leapoffaithninja Committed Player

• Like x 2
  8. DaKrushmor Loyal Player

Now l considered one turn & assume it as possible. One of "Amazon Fury" may have expansion to Shadowlands (lvl 30 magic-mentor) mission. And if Shadowlands content appear - so Shadow powers may as well (based off abilities Obsidian (heroes)/Shade (villains)). l once caught a pattern:
    Trio #1:
    Lantern Controller (Light)
    Sci-fi Healer (Electricity), because "Tesla, lonic..." in names
    Fantasy Tank (Earth), because golems, totems

Trio #2:
    Sci-fi Controller (Quantum)
    Fantasy Healer (Celestial)
    Lantern Tank (Rage)

So following order it would be:
    Fantasy Controller (Shadow)
    Lantern Healer (Hope)
    Sci-fi Tank (Atomic)

Where healer you know coming (#LANTERNHEALERS2014 WoL #?). As sci-fi tank - gimme Atomic already (HoP #?)!!!:mad::mad::mad: This way Shadow troll might come as "Fantasy" Controller inside Amazon Fury pt #?.
    • Like x 2
  9. leapoffaithninja Committed Player

Great minds think alike when there's light there's darkness, they have a light troll its time for shadow :)
    [IMG]

[IMG]
  10. FelixDuo Committed Player

I gotta say, I wasn't entirely convinced at first but the anime gifs made me want it. Or at the very least made me wish that Celestial was a little more flashy with the special effects. What I wouldn't give to be able to fire off a Cero Obscura.
    • Like x 2
  11. DaKrushmor Loyal Player

So l decided to think about how make different trees whole powerset lMO might be called "Darkness". Trees call "Shadow" & "Nihility". In shadow tree basically densified shadows manipulations: pets, roots, etc. And nihility - power dump (power from nowhere), teleport, Dimensional Blackholes, negative energy etc.
    • Like x 2
  12. leapoffaithninja Committed Player

I came up with this a week ago the only thing I might change is add a healing super charger my feeling about this power if the devs were to create it, no more combo powers granted it does make since since hl is uses combos but they already have a troll that does so I personally would not want shadow to do this although others might i just hope their considering this

Power tree Shade of Shadows description tree based on fear the abilities will cause terror as well
    fear and rooting Specializing in the tree Shade of Shadows Tree Grants +1% critical attack chance and +35 power

1.Shadow teleportation or Shadow Deception: it is a pot different re-imaginations of pot it allows the user to give power and escape target from npc
    2.(Gallow: to fear or fright) in the Shadows: provides a instant power dump to three members with lowest power in the group
    3.Shadow tendrils: long range attack will strike up to four enemy's at once rooting and causing fear
    4.Dark Malice: pulls the enemy toward you only to teleport behind them and stab them
    5. Terror of shadows: 25% super charger creates a 12 tendrils that seek and destroy said target
    6.Shadow armor: a skill buffs your health and defense transforms you into a shadow being sort of like ice buff
    7.Blackest night: 50% or 100% supercharger creates a sphere of darkness what ever is caught in this inflict massive damage the user of the ability teleports all in the sphere stabbing and slashing the enemy, senses of the enemy are dazed fear and confused they are then rooted for a time.
    8.Negative bubble: creates shield that prevents incoming damage
    9. Shadow redemption allow send a shadow that roots and causes fear defense debuff
    10.Shadow construct concept: summon a multiple of weapons that can be thrown at enemy’s
    11.Deceptive Shadow: create a shadow in your image or the tanks image to help pull agro allowing you to continue to do damage give power or help pick up fallen comrades
    12.Corrupt shadow wave: send out a pulsing wave of shadow dark energy or tendrils that root and cause fear and burst damage

Power tree Darkness Energy bring your enemy’s to their knees by manipulating darkness and dark energy grounding gravity effects specializing in this tree +5% critical attack damage and +10 vitalization

1.Darkness aura: provides a buff for all darkness energy abilities and provides a pot grounding and stunning enemy’s
    2. Dark Gravity: a melee attack that inflicts grounding
    3.Darkest Forces: imbue your weapon with dark energy increasing the chance that your enemy will take damage extra damage they can be grounded or rooted
    4.Dark Implosion: knock enemy’s down on the ground
    5.Dark energy field: 50% supercharger protects yourself and 7 others while active enemy attacks grant you power
    6.Dark Energy Emission: blast your enemy damaging them and inflicting fear and stunning any enemy’s that are 35% or lower take additional damage
    7.Dark emotion: 50 % supercharger blast your enemy with shadows and dark energy inflicting grounding and fear
    8.Dark energy bomb: inflicts burst dark damage inflicting gravity
    9. Dark Summoning: summon a pet that deals damage and helps restore power
    10.Dimensional black hole: summon a black hole equal to your might inflicting massive damage pulling and rooting and grounding enemy’s
    11.Dark Terror Well: uses dark energy to inflict grounding and terror, Enemy’s that are all ready grounded or who have been inflicted by fear or gravity effects will take extra damage
    12.Darkest Light a blast of energy that inflicts terror fear and grounding 60% modifier
    • Like x 3
  13. SLYDER X New Player

can i add my thoughts on this? i would LOVE LOVE LOVE to see a controller power with a combo system exactly like celestials..it would be very power efficient and certain combos could give buffs like crit power chance and regeneration boosts.
    and someone please tell me what i gotta do as a player to help make this power happen!!!!
    im so ready for a wicked cool controller power that is a little on the darkside of things
    • Like x 2
  14. leapoffaithninja Committed Player

Yes any ideas are welcome
  15. leapoffaithninja Committed Player

editing tree soon debuffs are next on the list
  16. 3066domtroll New Player

lol
  17. Derio 15000 Post Club

Would really like to see some combos in there like rage. It would be simple to do, hold down square to change the damage of x power to precision damage.
    • Like x 1
  18. leapoffaithninja Committed Player

Another idea how about a long cast move that gives power back to 7 group members maybe buffs might it could be called Rising Shadows or dark eclipse
    sucking in darkness/fear from enemies
  19. UMBRA Well-Known Player

Awesome ideas !!!

I touched this subject in this thread. But I'm glad to see somebody else expand it.

I'll quote myself from the other thread.

To the people saying we already have it in the form of the Cursed tree in celestial.
    What we have in Celestial is the duality of Good vs Evil or Angels vs Demons, Heaven vs Hell, etc. It is very related to morality and mysticism.

Shadow or Darkness (at least as I'm envisioning it) would be a more elemental thing. Light is a stream of photons, shadow is the obstruction of said stream. This Shadow power set would have nothing to do with evil, demons or hell. Just an "element" like fire or ice.

So, conceptually Shadow can be different from Cursed. It would probably be at least as different from Cursed as Celestial is from Sorcery. And the actually important thing. The mechanics can be completely different. You can say the concept of Sorcery is similar to Celestial or the concept of Light is similar to Rage (both are stuff from Green Lantern), but you can't say that they work in the same way, the way they work is very different from each other despise their conceptual similarities.

There were a lot of objections to Celestial and Rage (mostly because they were "too similar" to Sorcery and Light), and yet... we have Celestial and Rage.

I'm not denying that there would be similarities between Shadow and Mental and Shadow and Cursed. But I think it is quite feasible for Shadow to be unique enough to deserve a power set of its own.

At the end of the day the important questions are:
    1) Are we going to get ANY more power sets? (I don't know)
    2) Do developers already have something in mind? (They probably do)
    3) Would Shadow attract enough people ? (I think it would)

All things considered... I'm not holding my breath for a Shadow power set, but I think it is possible, so I'll cross my fingers ^_^
    • Like x 2
  20. DaKrushmor Loyal Player

1. Filling 2 roles with Lanterns, without filling 3-rd (Healer) doesn't make sense for me. And we have Blue Energy Weapon Style Pack inside marketplace, not tied to many power, but with look similar to Blue Lantern Corp tech e.g. Shield reminds emblem.
    2. Darkness power is technically Celestial's cursed tree, due Eclipso, even in CoH they had similar powers (haunt etc), but still not equal to it & this possibility still remains lMO. Probably when PS3 dropped, to support shadow matter flowing animation, inside same triad (6-th) as Water (healer), while tank would be both Metal or Blue Beetle powers, but that's barely speculation at all (we couldn't forsee that future).
    3. Positive