New Controller power

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by leapoffaithninja, Jan 23, 2014.

1. leapoffaithninja Committed Player

Obsidian & shade theres others nightshade shadowlass shadow thief as for dlc blackest night amazon part 2 celestial is different from darkness manipulation shadow manipulation & dark energy manipulation did u even look at the previous links & posts
  2. Vyltran Loyal Player

Hello leapofxxxxxxxxxxxx. ... yeah, i read all posts... i just established my oppinion and you should respect it, it just my PoV... in a positive way i find dcuo will bring more surprises in any nearest future... Try not making fun while people say what they think.. ;)
  3. leapoffaithninja Committed Player

I wasn't trying to make fun I just misread your post and took it in offense i got tired of the celestial comparison etc i do value your opinion :cool:
  4. Vyltran Loyal Player

No problem bro, looking forward to this.. :)
  5. leapoffaithninja Committed Player

more shadow images/ inspirations

[IMG]

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    • Like x 4
  6. leapoffaithninja Committed Player

here are some more images of the superhero Obsidian and also shadowlands making a concept tree hopefully soon
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  7. leapoffaithninja Committed Player

8. leapoffaithninja Committed Player

9. leapoffaithninja Committed Player

10. Adamwiseguy New Player

Can you explain to me how the Curse tree in Celestial is different from shadow/darkness manipulation?

I already know what darkness/shadow powers are, but I really want to know how you see the Curse tree powers. Can you provide examples and images of characters (other than Eclispo and The Spectre) utilizing what YOU consider to be cursed powers?

The main reason why people like me are convinced that Celestial was meant to represent Light AND Dark manipulation is because of how the visuals were handled.

So far, you only explained how shadow/darkness manipulation is "different" from the Curse Tree. In order for you to justify adding shadow/darkness manipulation powers to this game, I need you to answer the following questions:

1.WHAT are curse powers? How is it defined?
    2.HOW is it different from Darkness? What characteristics does it have that curse powers distinctly different from shadow/darkness powers?
    3.WHO utilizes curse powers? You have given examples of characters in and out of the DCU that use shadow/darkness manipulation, what characters in and out of the DCU use curse powers?

Bonus Question: If the Curse powers aren't the same as darkness manipulation, then does that mean that the Blessed powers aren't the same as light manipulation?
  11. RageOfHeaven1990 New Player

Darkness manipulation would utilize constructs clones teleportation. Celestial essentially uses spells from the divine realm rather than the shadowlands. The curse tree is not darkness/shadows. This is not a hard concept to grasp.

Felix Faust when he attempts to steal divine powers take the justice league animated series where he overcomes hades and then uses similar abilities. Blessings are essentially divine gifts from heaven while curses serve as the antithesis of it. Darkness is the absence of light not a divine gift. Yes blessing is not the same as light manipulation.
    • Like x 3
  12. Ghostof91 New Player

I can give you some reasons why they are different but somewhat confuse concept.:

Shadow/Darkness= Unknown, shadowy reflection on the holder, Dark concept, Good or Evil

Celestial's Curse = Godly like, Evil, Magic based, related to Necromancer

Why they are different: You see one represents the concept of evil and divine and the other just represents the power of the unknown aka Darkness, and besides they have different existence methods for an example: One may hold the power of Darkness with their own shadow manipulation by will, and One may use rituals to control the forces of evil while associating it with dark pleasures, cruel intentions etc.

Other arguable Examples:

Water is ice= Wrong

Magician is Sorcery = Wrong

Wands are 1handed= Wrong

Atomic is Quantum= Wrong

So I don't see how shadow is Magic aka Celestial, the concept evil is different from just Darkness, Hope that sums it up.
    • Like x 1
  13. Adamwiseguy New Player

Celestial has three definitions:

adjective
    1. pertaining to the sky or visible heaven, or to the universe beyond the earth’s atmosphere, as in celestial body.
    2. pertaining to the spiritual or invisible heaven; heavenly; divine: celestial bliss.
    3. of or pertaining to celestial navigation: a celestial fix.

What you maybe referring to is only the second definition.
    Has it ever occurred to you that celestial, in regards to this game, can refer to both the first AND second definition?

Why can't celestial be the power to channel the energy of stars and the void of space?

And what exactly do you mean by "divine realm"?
    Are you only referring to abrahamic religions or are you taking into account divinity from ALL religions?

If that's the case then they CLEARLY refer to it as light and darkness if you want to look at it that way.

Also, was Faust the ONLY character that you came up with as an example? Are there no other characters in fiction that have "celestial" powers similar to what's already in game? Can you find some pictures to illustrate the difference?
  14. Adamwiseguy New Player

So we have heroes using the power of "evil" to punish bad guys and villains killing innocent bystanders with "divine blessings"?
    Doesn't that sound backwards to you?

And why do you only consider celestial to be a "magic" power?
    Are you saying that there aren't any tech or meta origins to it?
  15. Ghostof91 New Player

Look Wiseguy:rolleyes:, I understand the confusion but in all reality there's 2 sides to everyone, ever heard of beating evil at they own game, there's nothing backwards using divine and being a villain and vice-versa.

Celestial comes from" Magic"= rituals, spells and all, your telling me that a serious phenomenon like Celestial is naturally born?, for something like that to occur it takes communication with the universe using runes, magic books, potions, rituals= magic.;)

I've never heard of technology being used to communicate with the universe, you can't call the power of the Gods using technology, as for meta, still there's no technology involved to summon Celestial, therefore it can only be an unexplained phenomenon to many who have no cause and effect hypothesis on it.
    • Like x 2
  16. Ghostof91 New Player

17. Tye Hailstorm Well-Known Player

Could you give me a Tech oriented Hero/villain or Meta oriented hero/villain that utilizes The Essence of holy light and Cursed darkness in any way shape or form? the way the visuals look to me i am conjuring the ethereal essence of either holy or cursed magics.

other than felix faust there is the Witch Boy who uses Dark unholy magic totally opposite of Dr.Fate who uses the Divine Magic of Law order(God) to do evil things, I do believe that hero's and villains can decide on how to utilize this Unholy/Holy energy since we are not held down by the original users Uses of it but by our own. Kinda like how i dont believe that a Hero using anything but non powered methods on Unpowered villains (Joker Goons ect.) would be...good...Yeah i just used a singularity bomb on you....not im gonna put you in hand cuffs....Yeah im just gonna hit you with Mega volt which possibly holds a couple thousand or possibly millions of volts of electricity...then put you in jail....or my Favorite While you a Normal kinda crazy human being is confronting me im gonna use my Plasma Heated Blood to pool it around you as i Beat you with Red Light constructs then Leave you in the pool till it evaporates and let the cops clean up whats left...

I just think at this point they could give us any powers and let it be cross Faction. THOUGH....I would love a Faction exclusive (But in some roundabout way Balanced) Power sets

Let lets say years down the line when we are fighting The Anti-Monitor that years set of Powers could be 6 instead of 3 but the catch would be each Faction (Hero/Villain) would each receive unique Powers for each role that are not carbon copies but be relative to that faction in terms of use.

A Gamer can dream cant he.
  18. Adamwiseguy New Player

If your going to reply to my post, try answering ALL of my questions next time
  19. Adamwiseguy New Player

I'm arguing that celestial is only holy/unholy in regards to heroes/villains with magic origins.

If the character in question doesn't have a magical origin then they have regular light/dark powers.
  20. Ghostof91 New Player

Your missing the point is is automatically deemed as magic because of what it requires to be summoned.