New Controller power

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by leapoffaithninja, Jan 23, 2014.

1. Grid Ion Committed Player

Pretty neat idea.
    • Like x 2
  2. DaKrushmor Loyal Player

No, contrariwise, due Darkness is absence of light, and light is energy (E=hv)... This power must run on Negative Energy, & this way powerset will generate an energy instead of consuming it. So it will not take PS3 memory, but vice versa - release its amount for other 1 or 2 normal (positive) Powersets, which will consume PS3 energy, that will be generated by Shadow.
    • Like x 3
  3. Adamwiseguy New Player

Here's what I'm getting from you: "I want a power completely based on Shadows"

Here's what I'm trying to get you to understand: "Shadow powers are a subcategory of Darkness powers"

Your request reminds me of a thread asking for a powerset completely centered around snakes. Instead of making a new power based on snakes, the developers gave Nature powers a new move (this shows that they are listening to request to some degree). Your request also reminds me of the people who were asking for Explosive Device powers (despite almost half of the moves in Gadgets involving explosions) and the folks who used to beg for Magnetic powers (there are many powers in the Amperage Tree for Electricity that seem to be designed to emulate this).

What they all have in common is the fact that these requested powers are just subcategories of what we have in the game.
    People can assume that a character with Gadgets will also have explosives.
    People can assume that a character with Electric powers can also magnetize people and objects.
    People can assume that a character with Nature powers can control animals like snakes.

For your power to be justified, it needs to bring A LOT more to the table then just different colors and a few extra moves.

Until then, you'll have to use Suspension of Disbelief like how people asking for a Super Strength powerset use the Seismic Tree from Earth (for now) or how some people have to pretend that there Rage toon isn't a Red Lantern (pretending that the constructs and plasma attacks are made of blood or something).

PS: I personally think the devs gave Quantum a teleporting power because of the amount of people asking for it to be a new movement power. Although some people are still requesting teleportation, Quantum Tunneling is one of the moves that helps make Quantum a unique powerset. I'm not sure the Devs will give teleportation to another powerset for quite sometime.
  4. DaKrushmor Loyal Player

If your reasoning is right, then Devs just gave ability to RECOLOR Sorcery & this way emulate Celestial, RECOLOR Ice & this way made Earth, or RECOLOR hard light & this way gave ability to make Red/Blue/Violet/Brown/Polka-dot/Whatever Lanterns. Nay, they made separate powersets, so you're wrong!
    • Like x 2
  5. Adamwiseguy New Player

No DaKrushmor, that is not what I'm saying AT ALL.

I did not say ANYTHING about recoloring powers.

I understand that English isn't your first language, but please try your best to understand what I wrote.
  6. Ghostof91 New Player

I'm taking that your saying the Dev's simply put the Powers in one big categories right?

which was not the best idea because you lock your self out of ideas if everything seemed so similiar but different for Ex. Just like comparing a Wand magically ranged weapon to a baseball bat (1 Handed) don't see why the Dev's can see them two alike.

Secondly I never saw Shadow having relations to magic it's just there, if anything I would relate it more torwards Movement Powerset than an actual element such as magic (Celestial) because your darkside that's not seen in a reality but only reflection. I see a big difference in Shadowy and the likeness Celestial.
    • Like x 2
  7. DivineSire Dedicated Player

Instead of calling it "teleporting" call it "cloning"!! Along the lines of noobsaibot on MK!!
    • Like x 2
  8. yuki amano New Player

guys just curious I'm a CR 74 Electric healer how much restoration should i normally have??
  9. Adamwiseguy New Player

Your getting the idea.

Although grouping together many powers into one big power did limit them in some ways, it gave players more options in others.

For example, I have an Earth Villain Toon on USPS3. I can either play him as a long ranged DPS who can generate sand storms, manipulate pieces of earth, and make a min meteor shower OR I can play him as a close ranged Tanking juggernaut who uses his super strength to shrug off attacks and knock enemies off balance.

If the Devs didn't combine Earth manipulation, sand manipulation, and super strength into one power then I would have had to have three different toons to experience each power (or respec my power whenever I got bored with it).

To me, it seems that they traded quantity for quality. So we have 12 intricate powers rather than 20 or 30 separate but shallow powers (the separate powers wouldn't be too complex because of the same PS3 limitations that are apparently keeping us from getting new powers for a while)
    • Like x 1
  10. DaKrushmor Loyal Player

2x clearly Lantern powers - is NOT intricate.

And we just got Tank power & still can't say FOR SURE, that DLC #10 comes without power. Chances to get a power here are small, of course, but still not equal to zero!! Anything may happen, what if AF #1 comes with some power? And true reason to give break between powers is rebalance old & make more Weapons +whatever, than any devices.
    • Like x 2
  11. MrGankU New Player

By showing Ulquiorra and Rogue you automatically mad me fall in love with this. Thank You
    #SHADOWTROLLS2014
    • Like x 4
  12. leapoffaithninja Committed Player

More research and ideas to come does anyone know were I can get power tree layout so I can make a shadow darkness tree
  13. Ghostof91 New Player

My problem with how this game works out is everything is so simply fixed into one category, where Quality should be a minority to Quantity, as we have own imaginations on we want to see in a character when your dealing with needs and wants, this game clearly needs more variety, more market place items etc.

What's quality without the quantity, Im sure some day players will want more. Lets say your tired of your earth character and you just want a storm summoner, would you rather be tied just strictly to earth or you want a Storm character with more than sandstorms.
  14. ncgreenlantern Loyal Player

I would love to see a magic based controller power with a mix of mental and quantum with power styles from each set .
    • Like x 1
  15. Ghostof91 New Player

I think we will for Amazon Fury DLC, don't know whichpart but I believe it's a Magician Powerset or related.
    • Like x 1
  16. DaKrushmor Loyal Player

What is "Magician" powerset? There's already magic-based Sorcery. & another one is Celestial, although it's closer to priests. No, l think it's a Sound controller powerset.
  17. DaKrushmor Loyal Player

Btw.: you also wrote, that Electricity Amperage tree is close to magnetism. Probably because polarizing device describes it damages & magnetizes enemies. & in overall attraction of objects looks like that, pushing away, levitate etc.

But here's mentioned Magnamorphic powers, which have "Magnetic" tree, although l can't imagine what it's exactly. Something related to Metal-Men maybe, because Oolong mentioned (but then better call power "Metal"):
    https://forums.station.sony.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/soe-live-design-with-the-devs.172644/
    (Monkey Business!)
  18. leapoffaithninja Committed Player

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shade_(comics)#Post_Zero_Hour

Shade (comics)

Shade is at present one of the best, if not the ultimate, channeler of the power of the Darklands, a quasi-sentient, extra-dimensional mass of malleable darkness which he can channel to various effects, both as an absence of light and a solid substance: he can summon and control "demons" from there, summon and dispel shields and areas of complete darkness, create all kinds of constructs out of shadows (in a similar manner to a Green Lantern, with the exception of the color of the constructs), transport himself and others through it over massive distances, and can, if necessary, use it as a last-ditch prison dimension. The darkness itself can be dispelled by sufficiently bright blasts of energy. Eventually, his experience with the shadows allows him to create corridors through time (the most dramatic instance being when he sends Jack Knight's spaceship from a point in space in late twentieth century to the neighborhood of Xanthu in the Legion of Super-Heroes' era and from there to Krypton, several decades before its destruction). These powers have also granted Shade agelessness and immortality. Overall, his powers are formidable to the point that Dr. Fate once remarked that even The Spectre would have serious difficulty dealing with him, possibly due to the origin of his powers (the former realm of a divine entity on par with God). He is heavily resistant to damage, as seen when a demolition bomb falls on him, leaving him only slightly dazed. Even with his heart torn out of his chest by Black Lantern David Knight, he remained alive and unable to die.
    His only weakness (if it can be called such) is the fact that if he loses his shadow, he becomes vulnerable. However, this can only occur if a survivor from the same event in 1838 drains him of it, or in the event of a light strong enough to completely surround him, to the point that he is unable to cast a shadow.
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]h[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    • Like x 3
  19. Ghostof91 New Player

Magician= Tricks up it's sleeve, Rabbit in the hat, Magical surprises ( Zantanna)

Sorcery= Spell Caster, Control one's destiny through Spells, aka Voodoo (Doctor Fate)

Celestial= Advanced spell Caster, has a connection with the forces of Hell and the Heavens through Ritual chants(Eclypso)

Now these three above are magic related and sub powers of the magic tree but they are indeed different at the same time.;)
  20. leapoffaithninja Committed Player

http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Dark_Energy_Manipulation

Dark Energy Manipulation DPS SIDE ? :)

• Corrupt Energy Manipulation
    • Darkforce Manipulation
    • Nega-Ergokinesis
    • Negative Energy Manipulation
    • Reverse Energy Manipulation
    User can create, shape and manipulate dark energy, usually drawn from inter-dimensional or other similar source. It can be channeled to a variety of effects, both as an absence of light and a solid, gaseous and/or liquid substance that can be shaped/manifested in various ways.
    Unlike Darkness Manipulation, which draws from the similar source, dark energy focuses on direct, destructive and violently outwards directed aspect of the spectrum.
    [IMG]
    • Like x 2