Nature and Electric improvements

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by CrappyHeals, Apr 7, 2016.

1. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

Yea all this is taking forever. I could have gone over every power with these guys in 2 hours and told then how to balance them (really balance them to not what we have going on now ) I don't get why this takes so much time to think up then put on test only for stuff to still not be correct. To a player like myself that knows each power in and out its very simple stuff and should not take long at all to do.

These guys need help cause they don't play or understand the game like some of us players do and i just wish the devs would have verbal conversations with some of us so we could stop wasting time and get things done correctly the first time and at a decent pace.

Not trying to dis the devs but they honestly need some help.
    • Like x 1
  2. VioletSorceress Committed Player

I'm thinking something like making Elektrogenesis and Savage Growth changed to Useable while controlled and clip able to speed up set up time. It won't make anything op since dot is low upon cast.
  3. Aqua Surge Loyal Player

I randomly qued PZR and there was a Nature damage who only did 500k throughout the whole alert. All he did was wolf form spammed shurikens not once using any rotation or powers. I only noticed this at the last boss when I checked the time and also seen the scoreboard. This was why the second boss fight had very slow burn because he wasn't doing his part even with 4 damages. :rolleyes:
  4. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

I ran into a guy the other day using the dog, ugh. I was gonna try and help him out but i learned my lesson on giving people advice in game as they usually think your being arrogant.
  5. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

1 damager should be more than sufficient to provide good burn... why 4?!
    Pug or not.. That's just dreadful. Barring the nature guy that is.
    But even then... yikes :eek:
  6. Aqua Surge Loyal Player

Randomly Que into PZR and everyone remain damage. 4 damage can do it, two of them weren't that high enough though, but still manageable. The Nature guy was 156cr, but he wasn't doing anything right the entire time. Makes you wonder how he even made it to 156cr like that unless he healed the entire time and damaged this alert.

Support roles would have done more than what he done. And if this was a raid, someone would have kicked him for being unhelpful in his role.

Not much you can do to help these type of players.
    • Like x 1
  7. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

Actually, heh, funny story, I was running PZR the other night with my electric healer (I think she's 155 now) and right after the first boss fight there was a request for our third DPS to switch to controller... 700K out, after Jor-El, or about 7x less than either other DPS by that point. I said 'nah let him play', which was met with 'WHY?!?!' : my response being 'Well, I know he's a terrible DPS but I'm running power conservation methods and I wanna see how I can do without a controller'. About ten seconds later, the guy left...
  8. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

Lawd Hammercy! Dont tell me this >_< it just reminds me of why I left PvE.
    After reading the whole Mental controversy I actually wanted to return to PvE now this just makes me cringe at the thought

Ewwww really?
    That's a damn shame
  9. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

It is, and I mean it's not like I wanted to middle finger the guy but if you're in final content Dual Pistol Spamming instead of DPS'ing, well, you should know that's just not how things work there : though, as an afterthought...

I did kind of get an observational opportunity yesterday into how that mindset carries over to end-game.

When you're a level 15 pud? Your powers SUCK, but a decent weapon can outright stomp ***.

Even nearing the level 30 mark, I could get about the same single target damage results from Doom Spin that I could from using Gallium's AM (Quantum, Time Bomb, D. Wave, Warp Barrage, Tach Burst, no Gravity Well) so there's a point after level 30 where the Precision damage and Might damage potentials switch places for which is better.

After learning the game as a 'weapons supported by powers' thing, it's a while until your Ability-driven damage keeps pace with your straight weapon spam damage. That may be how some newer players end up so far off the beaten path, as it were.
    • Like x 1
  10. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

Especially the 'carry me' kids....
  11. Mangy780 Well-Known Player

Yup. I'm running DPS for the first time in DC, Munitions and I can't believe how little effort 95% of the DPS do.

I actually had a guy in a duo ask me how I wasn't running out of power. I explained AM and such with my load out and he was baffled as if he seen a burning fire for the first time.

It really doesn't take much effort to learn a power enough to do it right running the early tiers of content.
  12. Amanda Bailey Devoted Player

Electricity needs more healing powers. There's no reason to make it bursty and slightly power consuming. There are also so many moves that can be give more healing capabilities and still keep it as a burst-type healing power. I don't see the problem with giving it more options but keeping it the same type of healing experience. So many good moves go to WASTE
  13. Gam3r4Lif3 Dedicated Player

I have a 74 elec dps/heal and I got smacked by two Sorc dps's who were 79 and 81. It felt so good to set up but I was hitting nothing with them. I was beaten by a pet that is the size of my arm....ill stick to healing until they "fix" the dps side.
  14. Ariyana2015 Committed Player

Its their priorities, they just don't care about nature or electric, otherwise they would have waited to release update 50. Its been nearly a year since they were going to beef up these powers. So in essence, its been at least a year and a half or more since they have been crap. They can only work on one project at a time, so its xbox crap until it launches. I just hope they don't work on nature and electric again this July because if they do we are screwed.

While I understand every employee deserves a vacation, they could at least wait on dropping it so we don't get a repeat of last years "fixes."
    • Like x 2
  15. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

Oh that had me sooooo mad :mad:. Sure everyone is entitled to a vacation but don't rush something out if its not finished thats bull.
  16. Warlock Well-Known Player

Are you sure about that? Maybe next time refer the person to the Oracles guide section of the forums. Not all players read online forums, and AM are not always clearly explained in game.
  17. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

No they don't and no they aren't, granted, however...

If you're 155, you're in end-game content, you're doing that poorly, and you're playing a game that requires an internet connection : you can ask questions and you can ask them before you get to the end of the game. Don't get pissed when people say 'you're doing it wrong' - maybe you are. That's how I learn what's going on; like 'don't run rotation testing when you've been drinking'.

And I know what causes it : the Dual Pistol spam, specifically. For like the first 90 CR you can do equal to or better than your AM output just by weapon spamming. But eventually those two switch and when they do, holy **** does the Ability driven damage take over. Granted, that's a design flaw, granted also, community communication standards aren't always the best.

That said, communication's a two-way street and my beef wasn't with the guy's output : to me, I give exactly two ***** if you're a crappy DPS (unless you're the ONLY DPS, then you gotta stop sucking). He obviously needs the practice so let him kill.
  18. Electrizzaro Loyal Player

You would think with a game that does not really want to include tutorials they would at least have the freaking power descriptions up to date and well explanined so people could figure out the Am's, WM, and such. I mean how hard would it be to put in better descriptions for the power...that is not new code...just a rewrite of what is already there.
  19. xXHeadlinerXx Dedicated Player

I happened to see a Youtube of some guy who decided to spend a day gearing some like cr 50-ish electric toon. He said he didn't even try to read the power descriptions, didn't look for a loadout on the internet, just queued all the raids as soon as they became available to his CR just to see how difficult it was to get CR without any skills at all. Which kind of makes sense since high level will burn through low level content for styles, crap to sell, and marks, so until you hit Tier 7 in many raids a toon can just be along for the ride trying to keep up while a couple of high level toons melt everything. By the time he got to content where anyone would notice, I think he was in the 150s CR. He even showed the scoreboard for some raid where he had less damage than the supporters. But, hey, the gear drops whether you do anything or not.

So, yeah, I think it is extremely conceivable that he could get to 156 CR without knowing anything.
    • Like x 2
  20. Aqua Surge Loyal Player

I seen the new post that mepps made, but will it do anything for Electric and Nature?