Nature and Electric improvements

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by CrappyHeals, Apr 7, 2016.

1. unitedmeck Well-Known Player

Yah seen people mess it up in duos when i out dps there ice but it was a league run with good dps's sorcery earth celestial an me electric. Seems how this is the only way i can run on him, without being kicked. I love the concept of dot with weapon thats why i play sorcery, but my electric hits softer with there weapon then my sorcery. 2 cr difference. So the powers has weak Dot an the weapon hit softer? Seems wrong.
  2. Electrizzaro Loyal Player

I am glad that you like using weapons and that is what makes the power fun for you. However saying just spamming powers takes no skill is a bit off base. There are plenty of players that spam their AM and do crap numbers because they are not paying attention to their position, timing, adds health and counters. Knowing the ins and outs of your power is something that separates New players from those that take the time to figure it all out (vets).

Also I think using the same weapon attack and casting VB after it is just as boring as any 1234 power. I mean really, set up your dots then going into weapon attack into vb spam...boring. Every power that has an AM (all of them) can get boring if you get into a steady rhythm. That is why some many players want the ability to have variety in their loadout. That is why I suggest shockwave as an alternative to weapon attacks for those that do not like them. It fixes both issues. If you like weapons use them and do fine, if you like only powers then that is the solution and you do just fine. All the devs have to do is include it in the AM and make it suppliment the same amount of damage that the weapons are supposed to. It fixes both issues for both sets of players.
    • Like x 4
  3. Elpower Active Player

i really miss the days when we have free will to create loadouts...
    i hope this ^^ happend again soon.
    I want advanced mechanism stay open to all powers...
    dont care about any other new mecanism of damage that give me a specific loadout.

MAKE ALL POWERS TO WORK WITH AM!!!! OR ERASE THE AM FROM THE GAME!!!
  4. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

Calm down, there's no need for profanity. I'm just tired of the general" This is a Super hero-MMO" argument.

You weren't the only one using it as a reasoning factor, but still I felt Heroes like Arrow needed to be mentioned as he uses a weapon.

Also: If Green Arrow is"Boring" as you put it, why does he have a TV series? Sorry but going by your reasoning, I can call Superman a Lame character too. ( Especially considering Superman gets killed by Lex Luthor in the DCUO intro)

Now as for you electric request, I'm not saying they can't make it weapon free, nor am I saying they can't make electric use two tree's for it's AM. It's just very unrealistic to expect it to happen.
    They didn't change HL to clipping when people requested it, They sure aren't gonna change electric to 1-2-3-4.
    • Like x 1
  5. majosea Dedicated Player

6. xD25x Dedicated Player

All i said was azz. And electric is azz. Arrow is popular right now because this version of Arrow is dark and gritty as opposed to the classic Dc version of Green Arrow. Not saying those characters dont have a loyal fanbase but Batman would be the only character you mentioned capable of carrying a solo title. I know the devs arent gonna change the way electric is but i think its also time for the community to realize that certain powers are just going to never be competitive.
  7. majosea Dedicated Player

[IMG]<blame this , and blame the players not the devs and powersets thanks
  8. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

Of course Electric is Azz,

Azz is an Electric company:
    https://www.azz.com/products/switchgear-systems

It can be competitive If the scorecard gets Altered.

Seriously, it wasn't too long ago People were saying Earth and Sorcery were the Worst DPS powersets.

Now look at Earth and Sorcery, their some of the top powersets in the game.
  9. xD25x Dedicated Player

Yeah but lets be honest. The devs took an easy approach to sorc and earth. I dont see the dots powers having an "easy" fix. With the way burst powers work in this game dot powers will never be competitive. Im all for a revamp to the scorecard but thats never gonna happen either. If it does itll be after mid range damage, water, new ui, 4th color palette, style unlocks, another damage revamp, then another damage revamp. Why would the devs even change the scorecard its the root of its main money maker. Respec tokens.
  10. LeagueOfV Dedicated Player

Variety definitely makes electric fun. In addition to using shockwave instead of VB to clip with, there is a good loadout with Tesla Ball too. I even experimented with using shockwave and TB together for bosses (electrify with wired drop arc). I don't mind using weapons as a smaller contributor to my damage, but right now it is too high. It was around 30% back at CR 130. I would like to see it stay there or even lower. Or allow players to choose if they want to keep up weapon damage, or trade out weapon for bigger PI damage from shockwave and TB, etc.
    • Like x 1
  11. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

The thing with power spamming AM's is your trapped using those powers over and over, theres no variety. With weapons you can use a different one or a different combo to keep things fresh. Another thing is theres no room for improvement and no skill gap, you can't make powers go any faster but you can improve your clipping and become faster and better then someone else. And you said you want variety.....well wanting a power spam AM will get you just the opposite of variety, i though we all learned that by now.

These power spamming AM's are dumb and have killed the skill level and fun in this game. Thats just my opinion though and your entitled to yours. And I don't ever see electric not using weapons.

Oh and with electric you would want to use shockwave with your weapon attacks not spam v-bolt.
    • Like x 3
  12. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

The dot powers will be fine if they just hook up the setup times with some good damage.
  13. lawlesskeeblerelf New Player

theyre are 13 powersets in DCUO only four FOUR 4 of them still allow the use of weapons inside their AM. Elec, Sorc, Earth, Nat. Now im sure you have posted in each of the forums when they were getting their AM or Mid range asking please Mr dcuo allow the use of weapons for these powers so I don't have to just spam powers.... no im sure that didn't happen so why try to take 2 of the 4 powers we weapon users have left and make it a power spam am? you want versatility? you want options? then allow for nature and electric to still be half weapon half dot powers because honestly if we take weapons away from nature and electric and soon to follow sorc and earth then this game just lost its only versatility and became nothing but power spamming. if you want to just spam powers then try the other 9 powerset because weapon dps has been all but removed completely from them if you don't believe me please try running a PRECISION WEAPON BASED ICE FIRE MENTAL ect loadout and keep up with an AM user. Now as I understand crappyheals he is not asking for electric and nature to become 1234 powers he is only asking for a 1234 set up to act as a shortcut to burst dps so that during ad fights nature and electric actually have some kind of dps to do before other 11 powerset whip these ads off the face of the planet which I agree with.
    • Like x 1
  14. Electrizzaro Loyal Player

I get that you can use a different weapon to keep things fresh and I am not trying to take that away (although to be fair most and i said most people stick with which ever weapon is op atm and it is still just as boring), I am just trying to say that with the changes to shockwave that I mentioned we would have MORE variety not less. So I do not see reason to argue against it. Also I do not think that adding the changes to shockwave would be boring. I think it would fit my playstyle better and make the power more versatile and fun for me. I would then have the choice to kill trash mobs with some burst from Shockwave or weapon attacks not just weapon attacks...see more versatile without making your preferred playstyle obsolete.

I also would have to disagree with you that the other "power spam" Am's have kill the skill level and fun of the game. I think they are very different from what it once was and thus the skill and fun of the game has shifted dramatically from what it was based on before. Do some prefer the old...sure, do some prefer the new...sure, are both entitled to their opinions...yes. Just because you do not care for it does not make what you say true. The game may have lost plenty of players from the changes but the game is not dead and still getting new and old players to login.

Lastly, I now that you would not just spam weapon attack into VB (although you do need to hit VB every 8-12 seconds depending on your personal rotation to keep those low hitting dots going), but that is a much shorter sentence then going through my entire rotation to make the point...I thought that was a given. In case you were saying that to just be sarcastic or if you thought that was how I actually played I thought I should point it out.
    • Like x 2
  15. Stamen Dedicated Player

Honestly, it won't bother me too much if the DoT powers aren't totally balanced with other powers. I just want them functional. And by functional I mean capable of helping a team rather than hindering it. That's why people kick us from PuG's. They know we are going to slow them down.
    • Like x 2
  16. silikyan Well-Known Player

Man i prefer to get rekt by kid bengala than dps with elec, still have 1 toon with elec mainly for heal, really like it but yeah i prefer to take in the back lower by kid bengala than dpssing with it.
  17. Aqua Surge Loyal Player

I've been sorcery for awhile now, but I got to admit. For electric's Circuit Breaker. I like the duration of it to be increased to 30 seconds and not 12 seconds. CB is a weapon supercharge and you need longer than 12 seconds to dish out damage with it. This would also help out a little bit. I love that super charge. Additionally, the heals should be slightly increased for it too. It hardly even heals you overtime as the ticks are very low. That why the heals should be adjusted to match some heals similar to Grand Summoning's heals.

As for Sorcery Grand Summon is also 30 seconds long and you get all three pets from it + plus whatever current pet you're using which is usually fury. Grand Summoning's heals while it up is good too even in dps role. Sometimes I popped GS in PZR on adds to heal myself and burn multiple adds at once. This is a benefit of a SC.

CB vs GS and Grand Summoning is the clear winner. Electric needs to have the duration of CB increased to 30 seconds. Furthermore, the current 12 seconds is too low and we need to use or powers in between the duration. Powers have nothing to do with CB's damage output. This means it's a wasted SC basically, but making it 30 seconds so we can get more bang from our hard earned SC. It'll be balanced much better.
    • Like x 2
  18. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

I agree Circuit breaker sucks, you could use it and not even get a crit then it's over and nothing even happened. The duration on supers like that should def be lengthened.
  19. LeagueOfV Dedicated Player

It's pretty ridiculous how GS is 30 seconds and other SC's are so short to be rendered useless. The devs won't even boost Rage's Beserk for PVE to something useful. I have run the duo twice with Sorcery partners and they can obviously solo all the bosses with GS.
    • Like x 1
  20. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

When I was sorcery I soloed last boss DP when it was relevant content. Grand summoning is prob the best all around super in the game. I just find it messed up that other supers suck so much.

A lot of us suggested changes for berserk when rage was on test and nothing was mentioned about it by any green names not even a reason why no adjustments would be made to it. It's not hard to take a few minutes and talk to some of us, I just don't get why the communication is so bad. If they explained some reasons why they do or don't do thing maybe we could help or at least it might get some people off their backs about some subjects.

I just really hope when nature and elec get on test this doesn't turn into another GU50 cause I know that will be the last straw for alot of people
    • Like x 3