Nature and Electric improvements

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by CrappyHeals, Apr 7, 2016.

1. xD25x Dedicated Player

It hurts to say this but the only way electric gets balanced to the level of the 1 2 3 4 powers is by making it 1 2 3 4 or giving it a second am like atomic has. The devs have shown they struggle with any power that's not 1 2 3 4(they excel with the pet powers as well). Its not as simple as buffing the dots either. If you buff the dots to bring the powerset up to par on trash mobs then on the bosses it will be op. And why should I be forced to use a weapon? That's just dumb. Players should be able to use a weapon if they want to but to make some powers dependant on weapon damage makes no sense. Im electric which means I can summon lightning from the sky why the hell do I need to have a sword? Or some stupid hand blasters?
    • Like x 1
  2. SkullGang Devoted Player

Been making this point since day one.
    • Like x 1
  3. unitedmeck Well-Known Player

In hh my electric is even with sorcery, so the dot their is a Good refrence 4 numbers i think they are about 10- 15k with critz of 22k. 157 electric dps
  4. Killer 9 New Player

Electric healing is good the way it is, but i've got some ideas that would make it even better. Give arc lightning a hard stun like harvest from nature. It already stuns a little bit, but give the stun an even longer hold. Another suggestion would be give bio-charge infinite 45% healing capabilities. What I mean is right now if u fall below health it's only a one time deal, you have to recast bio-capacitor after. Let it stick with you for a whole 2 minutes like it already does, just let it keep auto healing you incase ur health does get that low.
  5. LeagueOfV Dedicated Player

That's the problem with electric. You are way above hh cr. You need to measure your dot in pb, and bbs when you get above 160.
  6. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

You don't have to turn nature and electric into 123 powers to balance them they just need to work on the setup times, and not using a weapon isn't dumb its what makes the powers more fun. Just blindly spamming powers is boring and takes no skill what so ever. Weapons bring variety and different options and levels of play styles. Better weapon clipping equals better results and is fun to push yourself to do the best you can, but with a 123 power or most AM's theres really no room for improvement you just push one button after another :confused:zzzzzzz

By taking weapon use out of most powers it has made those powers very boring and has also not taught new players anything about weapon use. In legends pve so many people don't even know how to use basic weapon combo or how to clip them and thats so sad.
  7. xD25x Dedicated Player

I understand what your saying but this is a superhero game. If i wanted to use weapons then id play a fps. Not once did i ever see Superman pull out a bow or Martian Manhunter grab his trusty rifle. There should be the option to either use a weapin or not and still do comparable damage.
    • Like x 4
  8. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

I'm tired of seeing this as the arguement.
    Whatever happened to Huntress, Batman, Green Arrow, Hawkman, and Hawkgirl?

Those 5 heroes either use Their weapons as a whole, or they use a mixture as a means for dealing damage.

So That whole"This is a Superhero-game" Argument is a false testament as to why powers should be weapon-free.
    Sorry, but I'd like to see Electricity and Nature stay compound powersets.
    • Like x 4
  9. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

This^
  10. GhostFly Killah Committed Player

Great input, crappy. I feel much better knowing someone who actually plays nature long term has a major part in the updates.

I like wolf form on boss fights and wm/human on adds, I just hate the slowness and the lack of dmg from dots. I dps with mental and ice and it's boring compared to nature.. but no one wants me nature dpsing lol. Healing is cool but I hate being limited to one role on my toons.
  11. Vyltran Loyal Player

SHOCKWAVEEE!!!

Really nice thread.. !
    • Like x 1
  12. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

I wish i had some influence or the devs would get together with me for a verbal conversation cause then we'd begetting somewhere but unfortunately all I can do is post up my thoughts and hope they consider them :(
  13. SkullGang Devoted Player

Well its still a problem if using a weapon is causing more damage than calling a thunderbolt from the sky.
    • Like x 3
  14. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

How it is a Problem?
    You seem to have it in your head that Electricity was Meant to be a 1234 like Atomic, it never was and it'll never be like that.

If you wanted Electricity to have a different AM, you should've voiced your thoughts back on GU 38.

Developers need to let AM's stay the way they are, just change the content and scorecard so they function better.

Also:
    Weapons never did more damage than a thunderbolt from the sky, Dots are supposed to be 50% of your damage, while weapons are the other 50%.

It's like Earth, Your weapons and powers do 50% and your pet(while it doesn't look like it) Does the other 50% of your dps.
  15. Aqua Surge Loyal Player

I can facepalm you so hard right now. :rolleyes:
  16. unitedmeck Well-Known Player

What makes me even in hh with sorcery if they hit harder also?/ anyone know why? is the only raid. Ngn im not that balance.
  17. unitedmeck Well-Known Player

In pbr and higher content im 7 mil dmg to everyones 10 to 12 mil. I seriously worry if a support role will pass me.
  18. GhostFly Killah Committed Player

All those ads.. all those dots. Could also be the player too, I ran pbe earlier with my ice dps.. the other ice dps 2 cr lower was at 4m when I was at 12m. Kinda hard to mess up ice, but it happens.
    • Like x 1
  19. xD25x Dedicated Player

What you want is naive. The devs will never be able to truly balance a dot based power with the powers the way they are. Dots will never be comparable on trash mobs and they wont overbuff the base damage to close the gap on bosses. Without a viable secondary 1 2 3 4 am to use on trash then electric will almost always have a space reserved at the bottom of the scorecard.
  20. xD25x Dedicated Player

You just named some of the most boring dc characters btw. When i bought the game i sure as hell wasnt like "omg now i get to create a character similiar to Hawkman!" Woo hoo! Hawkman! Bottom line is this. If its not 1 2 3 4 the devs cant balance it anyways. You keep your compound power which btw is basically just a 1 2 3 4 with a weapon attack thrown in. I wanna see real changes. I want to be able to use a whole tree, the polarization pi, not just the same powers of which 2 have the same damn animation. Which is why players who want to use a weapon shoukd be able to and still hit the baselines as well as players who dont should be able to hit the baselines. But be careful what you wish for. Remember everyone was waiting for a phantom hotfix last year and that never happened. Keep saying your fine with a compound powerset and watch electric still be *** after its mid range pass just like HL, Rage, Celestial, and any other non 1 2 3 4 power.
    • Like x 2