Nature and Electric improvements

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by CrappyHeals, Apr 7, 2016.

1. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

Ok lets start with nature, Well natures main problem besides its terrible base damage is setup times and shape shifting. Now i know shape shifting isn't going anywhere but to trap natures best dps potential inside a 9 power setup is ridiculous especially when some of those powers don't even do any real dps and will always hinder nature the way todays game is if something doesn't change. In 9 powers I can put up over half a mil easy with mental and other powers but in that same time with nature your lucky to do 100k.

Now heres some of my suggestions.

1. In human form make the use of carnage strengthen the dots so a human for build can be equal to a wolf build. Theres a few reasons for this. One is like is said in the beginning shape shifting is to many steps for how the game is built these days plain and simple, also a lot of people like to be their own character cause they like that movement mode, style, weapon and the list goes on and on. Players don't want to basically be forced to use shape shifting if they want to do good. I know myself and almost everyone I talk to wants to be their character.

Shape shifting just isn't a relevant playstyle for PVE anymore. Maybe at bosses its ok but everywhere else in the game, solos,duos,alerts adds in raids and even some bosses in raids its just not viable. So if thats the best dps potential nature has to offer nature will always be at a disadvantage. Just make both human and wolf have equal dps potential and a easy way to go about it would be to just have carnage buff the dots in human form while active.

2. Ok now lets talk setup time. So i'm thinking to give nature a good setup you could just 1234 the setup heck its half way there right now. What i propose is to give harvest the same effect that vine lash/ briar has. So it goes something like this you start off with Savage growth, vine lash, briar (you get a big hit on the first cast when there are no poisons active prior to the start up) then you cast harvest and get another big hit but only on the setup cast and only immediately after briar. Basically doing briar/harvest gets the same effect as using vine lash/briar. That would give natures startup time some bang for its buck and help put closer inline with other powers setup times. Or you could change it up and just give harvest one big hit like a reg 1234 power then your dots and weapon attacks will sustain your dps.

The reason I don't suggest just making vine lash/briar hit super hard is cause thats only a 2 power setup and could be taken advantage of and even though natures my power I don't want to see it be OP I just want it to be inline with other top powers.

Now the rest are just small changes that will help out overall performance.

3. I think savage growth and vine lash should have a initial burst damage.

4. The cool down of voracious plants needs to be reduced and brought in line with other powers similar to it like trans, striking stones, shockwave and other burst powers. This hurts nature cause theres really no other burst power to use so with some weapon combos voracious isn't cooled down then you get stuck casting harvest early and that hurts your dps cause on every cast it pauses your dots.

5. Now i'm sure this can be done but it might be a bit more work. When transformed you cannot change armories and that really stinks sometimes and I'd like to see if we can get that looked into.

So thats the basics with nature. Make carnage buff the dots while active in human form to bring it inline with wolf. 1234 the setup, adjust the cool down of v plants and make a few other small changes and nature will be pretty good after the overall dps is brought up to par.

Electric:

Now lets talk electric. Electric suffers from a lot of the same issues nature does but has a few more problems. The setup with elec is just terrible. Having to stack egen twice just isn't viable these days and then if you run eburst to have a full strength dot without waiting for the cool down of egen you loose a spot for a burst power. So either way you run it it stinks plain and simple. Then you run into the problem egen takes to long to cool down and its not ready when you need it. Another thing is V-bolt should spread your egen/eburst dot to not just the electric pi thats another thing that hurts electric. You spend all your time just setting things up and not putting in real dps.

So what i suggest is make eburst a full strength dot that way your not waiting on cool downs when going from set of adds to set of adds and you can always have your dots ready to apply and a full strength dot at that not this half a dot stuff . Also you don't have to mess with the cool down of egen cause im sure its like that for healing purposes and would not want to change it. Another thing making eburst a full strength dot (both Egen and eburst or 2 egens is what i mean) eliminates all that messing around and super slow setup times.

The rotation could be something like eburst, arch lightning, electrocute, v-bolt and done. That keeps it to a simple 4 powers so you can get to work quick without jumping through useless hoops like theres is now. You could also 1234 the setup. Say first setup eburst, arch, electrocute then v-bolt gives you a big hit similar to that of a 123 power, then after that your dots and weapon attacks will sustain your dps, but it only works on the setup and casting the powers one after another like a reg 123 power.

Next up V-bolt NEEDS to spread your eburst/egen dot not just the electric pi. Thats just to much messing around for how things are designed today. Make V-bolt like harvest, new adds join the fight one cast of V-bolt and your egen/eburst dot and electrified dot are on everything.

Also power back is kinda blah for both powers and for electric i always hear people say shockwave is not in the power regen mechanic and i suggest it be added to it.

Those are some pretty basic and simple ideas that I think could really be a huge help to these to powers. nature and electric have been out in the cold for to long please give them the help they need.
    • Like x 16
  2. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

For Electric If we get E-burst added as our main form of Dot stacking, E-burst should be able to do it from a longer range.

Likewise I'd think nature should be able to do the same with savage growth if possible.

If Shockwave gets added for electricity, Likewise I'd think Nature should have Voracious plants.

Very nice suggestions +1
    • Like x 1
  3. Gam3r4Lif3 Dedicated Player

Even if the changes disappoint, im going back to electric, ive been gone from it for too long

I kinda want to switch before the update so I can get the pre and post update look on the dps side of elec
    • Like x 2
  4. hotsizz1e03 Committed Player

Nah No disrespect bro, i know ur post means well and you are presenting a noob friendly solution to water down the powers, but im sick of pre made loadouts and 1234 rotations, i want a viable loadout to compete against such 1234 loadouts if it must stay in the game. I want to make my own.. THey just need to BUFF the dots with BOTH POWERS problem solved.. WM mid range will not save these powers.. The Devs are going about it wrong.. BUff the POWERS DOTS, point blank.. all these other powers have 1 sec setup times, some with 6-8secs setup times, elec and nature has the longest setup times in the game, thus should have the highest DPS output OVER TIME.. GIve dot POWERS viable options to use instead of PRE MADE loadouts.
    NO MORE WATERED DOWN POWERS PLEASE! :p
  5. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

What i proposed would be keeping them basically the same but with but with added damage during the setup times and a few other minor tweaks.
    • Like x 2
  6. Dark Horus Dedicated Player

Not going to beat this dead horse tonight just a few love taps before I go to sleep.

1 ) the dot set up is to slow
    2 ) power back needs work
    3 ) damage is sad

Really have to wait and see what the weapons update does . Gn
    • Like x 3
  7. Aqua Surge Loyal Player

Keep up the good work.
    • Like x 1
  8. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

Right there. That's the biggest part. Make the initial casts hit harder, but only until DoTs and PI are in place. And, I agree wholeheartedly with the form change not being a part of it.
    • Like x 1
  9. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

Yea i would never want the last two truly fun powers (well for me anyway) to become some boring no weapon power spamming garbage.

123 the setup times then let our weapons and dots sustain our dps. Theres nothing more i love then seeing my entire screen filled up with dots...love it!!
    • Like x 3
  10. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

As a separate thing, I would like to see Vine Lash not be single target and require a spread. I'd like to see it as AoE-at-target, like Celestial's RcW. Spreading to new targets should be part of sustaining DoTs, not as part of the setup.
  11. Aqua Surge Loyal Player

Exactly why I like powers that also use a weapon. But stick with healer powers.
  12. Aqua Surge Loyal Player

That would fix a lot of problems with electric.

Electroburst, arc lightning, voltaic bolt, electrocute, wire (with 6th power slot being free for anything such as Circuit Breaker/Shockwave/Robot Sidekick/Static Push)

This gives electric more room for true damage. Just get rid of those setup times and make the dots stronger right away and spread them like you mentioned.
    • Like x 2
  13. Lara Kelly Well-Known Player

I think the one of the best thing about nature is the creativity of player using this power, I seen many nature dps doing all kind of different things and it hard to actually find two natures doing exactly the same thing [well at least for what is seen], unlike what i see with ice for exmaple, seems everyone is doing the same thing. I like the idea that they can be many ways to play and they may do the same amount of damage so it up to you to play what you enjoy the best instead of just focusing on on way only like you are suggesting with wolf and human form,

Tho for me I used to dislike wolf form, but now actually enjoy it. It makes for me more things to do and a bigger loadout too. And it's not ugly like that disgusting bug. only issue I have with wolf is the annoyingly slow transformation to wolf. i think this shoudl also be fixed and seem it's something easy to fix. and actually I do actually use it in duo and solo and seem to do quite well with it since I am more might anyway. Wolf to me also seem to be very handy when there is too many adds like in the new duo.

I do see you suggestion and hope nature does get a nice boost. Tho on the other hand I am just not so confident in the dev team and really hope for a good boost in the base damge at least. What you are suggest seems not too complex and may be easy to be done, tho seing HL and rage discussions kidna concern me that too many things done to nature may break it or even ruin it. So I personally rather bet on simple base damage incraese than anything more [like what I heard some player wish was the case with HL or rage update]. That's just how I feel about it.

Just hope this wait be worth it tho honestly I am really starting to actually lose interest in this game itself. New espidoes can't be enjoy for me as nature but then again it never gets even close to be the likes of AF2 or even the lesser exciting HOP2. Even the fight mechanics to me seem to be gettng boring to me since like conbo is tapx6 hold [DW] is just blind combo you dont even have to hit anythng to get to work so are the rotations basically.

while game like Blade and Soul as I Blade Master I see the combo are interactive, i,.e you daze the enemy first then throw him up in the air then slice him to bits then when landing smash him again. Which is not just a bllnd combo/rotation since if you don't sucessfully daze him first you can't throw him up and so on. but if you miss the daze, you can do other things and form other combos. which in turn make it more interactive and need lots of thinking for me. but again Blade master is actaully one of the hardest class to master, so i am not sure if the other clases has blind rotations. It seem I keep chosing the herder class to master lol, kidna like nature in DCUO which I think I think can be also called one of the harder ones to master. Ofcouse Blade master being that hard to master has it's benefits where it's a full tank and full DPS at the same time [It need to be a tank anyway since it can only malee], thus i can actaully solo kill world bosses and some 6 player dungeons. Sadly can't say the same for nature right now being the more complex one.

Another personal joke I had about this was as in your video showing how nature dps can actually do damage by using 1H. I thought I might as well go all ther way with wepons then, thus Blade master = nature with just wepons without nature lol.

and also EverQuest II's ShadowKnight with it DOTs and HOTs, with other games I play kidna make DCUO excitement fadess even more. Just hope the fix would work out and not messed up nature and that I can still even be excited with this game....
  14. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

Just a word of caution, be careful what you ask for Nature and Electric.
  15. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

Why can't players just accept DCUO is a different kind of MMO?

Seriously, I'm tired of seeing post/threads from Everquest,Blade and Soul, and Champions online( I know you didn't include CO)
    These are different MMO's and take a different approach versus what DCUO has.

Blade and Soul is even made by a different game company, just saying.
  16. Lara Kelly Well-Known Player

Well I just saying it for myself, I play all these games at the simultaneously [why i only basically do 1 toon per game] and not only this nature fix is taking so long, I do see DCUO approsh is different and some time ago DCUO was even my fav game amongst the games I play but for now I am questioning myself if DCUO approach is even fun for me anymore anyway....

I havent completely lost interest for now but unsure if that shall change
    I play all these games so the comparison happends automatilaly for me as I play....
  17. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

no no... you can't leave us you stuck with us don't even think about it HEY i told you not to think about it. :p;):D
    on serious note i hope you don't leave you're one the players i like to have around.
  18. Lara Kelly Well-Known Player

yeah for one I could make fun of you and your laundry :p , I may question DCUO's approach to fighting but making fun of you and your laundry may be entertaining enought to make the whole game be actually fun :p

tho maybe I just miss the time of AF2 or even HOP2, not only these were actually more fun to play and less stressing compared to what is on today. DCUO approach to fighting would be the same but with better content it makes a big difference to me I guess, and better yet nature wasn't that broken too. and I even had capability to top the score card using nature dps. and thus kidna the point I was trying to point out here in this thread by reviewing this past shows that basically a simple base damage increase would work to fix nature now.

I like Crappy's idea but am just very not confident with the dev team right now that adding any more modification to nature may just ruin it as like what may have happend to rage and hl. If Crappy was on the dev team then I would be confident he would do it right but that's not the case. So I was just saying a simple base damage increase I feel would be better to bet on.

Well anyway nice to hear from you and beside the fact I do have EverQuest II whch I enjoy thus by subscribing to it makes me still legendary in DCUO, I shall add "making fun of Jareth's laundry" to things I shall consider when thinking about how fun this game really is to me. and maybe that "making fun of Jareth's laundry" might tip the scales in my mind towards being a fun game for me afterall?

And thanks for making me see that variable of "making fun of Jareth's laundry" that I may have make miss out to consider earlier :p
  19. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

HEY! the Forums people didn't need to know about my laundry :mad: :p
    • Like x 1
  20. Electrizzaro Loyal Player

Not going to say much about nature, I do not play that power. However the nature players I do run with often seem to resent having to change forms to be able to do best in both dps and healer roles. Just what I have heard from Nature players in game.

For Electric, (in no particular order or importance)
    1. Eburst should be the setup power for melee to mid range and Egen for midrange to Long range. Meaning that which ever one is used gives you a lower or higher max dot that way the range stuff is out of the way.

2. Shockwave added to the AM for some much needed burst.

3. Increase Dots strength overall.

4. I know some like using weapon attacks to supplement damage and others do not (I do not) My suggestion would be to have Shockwave do the standard amount of damage as the weapons are supposed to do for the same cast time. So if the weapons are supposed to do 4k of damage in 1 second to supplement our damage then have Shockwave hit for 4k of damage in one second (the numbers I chose are just examples). This will allow those that like to use weapons the option to. Those that do not like to use weapons the option too and give those that would like to do a bit less weapons an option. Everyone would win.

Surely it would not be hard to figure out how much of our damage is coming from weapon attacks per second and make Shockwave hit form that amount at the 126 cr so it scales with might.

5. Max dot with 1 rotation to shorten setup times.

Those are my thoughts.