Munitions: A preliminary guide/discussion

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Roomba, Apr 8, 2015.

1. Mister_Raccoon Well-Known Player

Goddammit the troll guide is mines... just without credit.
  2. Roomba Dedicated Player

EDIT: Oh, you need your name next to the link in your thread? I thought credit would be fairly self evident once people clicked on it and see your name on your thread.

The info in the trolling section under your link has been there since the beginning and is a reflection of my own trolling recommendations.

If you're looking for credit next to your link, sure I'll put it there when I get home (that post is too huge to edit from phone lol). But beyond that... I hope you're not suggesting I somehow took credit for your ideas. It's not as if controlling is very intricate. And if you disagree, feel free to put that in your thread lol
  3. Mister_Raccoon Well-Known Player

No need to get defensive about it. I just thought it was customary. I know in my thread I credit TheDark with his general troll information thread (seriously a great resource no matter what your troll power is). In the meantime I reserve the right to give you a good-natured ribbing about it.

Nobody is implying you ripped anything off from anyone. Just show some love is all. Yeesh. Relax. Go burn one real quick.
  4. Roomba Dedicated Player

This is where I go "And I'm the one that needs to relax?" and then this turns into a whole big stupid thing.

Anyway, you brought it up. A totally stupid thing was brought up. I can treat it like it's a stupid thing when it is a stupid thing.
    • Like x 1
  5. Max Volt Committed Player

Just passing by to say good job,... lately i've been working on my munition alt, since obviously the devs have no time table for fixing the DPS side of Electricity, ..which is just atrocious right now....anyway, your guide was an awesome way to get me the all info I needed in a quick way, and get me started in the right direction.
    Thank you.
    • Like x 3
  6. Stark23 Committed Player

Roomba hit us with a post GU58 LO! I know you're out there testing away haha.
  7. Roomba Dedicated Player

Well I wasn't gonna. But since you asked.... I'll get crackin on my munie alt. Should get back to you tonight. Didn't someone start an actual guide for munie dps? That's probably your best bet since my main is now Atomic!

EDIT: I see. That thread hasn't been touched in awhile either. *Cracks knuckles* Okay, here I go. Incredibly flawed data incoming! lol
    • Like x 1
  8. Stark23 Committed Player

Hahaha that's the spirit. If it's the one I'm thinking of, I've been running his rotation for a while now. I parsed it against one of the rotations from the Mun test thread and saw better results with his.
    • Like x 1
  9. Roomba Dedicated Player

Okay using the same corrections that Absolix game me months ago, it looks like there are significant changes from what I felt the dps "ranking" used to be

Top 4 powers:

1. Splosion
    2. 50
    3. Rocket launcher (clearly ahead of the other 2s abilities on my parses)
    4. Rails!!!!!! This surprised me, but I found it to hold time and time again (5BM wasnt that far behind it, could use that as well)

[Crit % differences were accounted for]

PG, CG, and SGL all surprised me with the low parses I got.

Anyway, I did a couple of 3 minute parses to get to this. Please scrutinize away and let me know what you find. Check out Absolix's post to me a page or 3 back to check out how to find dps of abilities yourself, try not to go on "feeling" since things are not always as they seem!

I'm finding the best dps I can do so far involves some combination of the 4 abilities I listed there, along with Biggun and KI to complete the loadout of course.

What are you finding for yourself so far?

EDIT: And just to give numbers to people hungry for them. At CR 158, 11,657 Might, not even fully modded or DPS geared... I was able to pull up to 75k DPS lololol. Average though was about 58-60k dps. 3 target dummy in league hall of course

EDIT EDIT: Not sure about 50 Cal still. I hate back loaded damage... and my parses are really all over the place... very inconsistent. I'd like to see what everyone else is seeing.
    • Like x 3
  10. Saybro Committed Player

Interesting finds. I gathered splosion being very inconsistent. It could be the net I'm on out here but 50 Cal saw numbers close to 75k where splosion's high was about 60. Mods are mixed gear but I saw splosion crit sometimes. 50 Cal was a good majority.
  11. Absolix Loyal Player

You have to realize that 'Splosion only takes half the time of 50 Cal, so 'Splosion only needs to do more than half 50 Cal's damage to have a higher Dps than 50 Cal. It also helps that it is the only AM power clippable by KI.
  12. Roomba Dedicated Player

Ahh didn't see this, but yeah Absolix beat me to it. This is why I said "please test dps instead of just eyeballing it"

50 Cal will hit harder, but the time it takes makes it less dps than Splosion.

As an aside, I really hate 50 cal lol. Just a personal opinion on it. It feels too clunky. Also, and I'm sure this is in my head, but the dot tends to "take all the crits" for me, meaning I hardly see Splode crit when I have a fire dot goin from 50 Cal. Again, I know this is in my head lol
  13. xProfessional New Player

What's a good loadout now for this power ?
  14. Roomba Dedicated Player

Mix and match and share your findings! Or read up 4 posts!

I'm currently doing

Rails > RL > Splode > 5BM > RL > Splode

I do this because the cooldown on rails/5bm. Clip spode with KI whenever it is off cd. Ki and biggun are the other 2 things on my bar.

I get more dps doing Rails > 50/Splode > RL > 50/Splode... I just absolutely hate 50 cal personally. Does well on dummies, feels very clunky in practice... especially with mobile fights that require blocking and mechanics such as last fight PZE.

With this rotation I was able to stay within 3% of an ice dps that was 2 cr higher than me, and I still don't have full dps gear... and I wasn't even wearing core strength. I'm satisfied. Atomic is still my preferred dps though :p
  15. Saybro Committed Player

Im not stateside right now to fully test. This weekend I should MAYBE have time to jot down the numbers of the two each time marking crits and non and see what I come up with.

I'll take a look into the burning crits as well. That is something I haven't noticed.
  16. Roomba Dedicated Player

I really did mean it when I said it was definitely in my head, so I don't want to sway anyone's opinion with that. Crits are % based, and should be consistent throughout all attacks regardless of dots or not. It was me just adjusting my tinfoil hat.
  17. Try Hard Well-Known Player

Hey guys what are you currently using in your single target loadouts? I've pretty much been running the standard rails/rockets/50cal/splosion/ki/supercharge loadout for about everything.But I dislike the amount of time I seem to have to wait for 50cal before the next move.

I was thinking maybe rails/rocket/5bm?/splosion/rsk??? Before the GU dropped I usually ran with shrapnel but it doesn't seem to hit as hard these days.
  18. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

For single target I really like this loadout:

KI, Rockets, Particle, Rails, and splosions.

I hate 50 cal now, it feels so clunky after the GU.

I personally prefer this loadout for Aoe Situations as it feels fluid:

For range situations, Rockets, SGL(Or chain gun), Railguns.

For up close melee situations, rockets, SGL, splosion.

The last loadout slot is free for you to play around with but I prefer the biggun SC.
    • Like x 1
  19. Try Hard Well-Known Player

Willing to try everything out thanks for the tips.
  20. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

Rail, Rocket, SGL, Splosion, Ki and biggun. You may also want to swap Chain for rocket but both are good powers. I'm not muni at the time so i can't tell you what the better choice is but those are what is currently working.....should i dare say the best in content lol. Thats basically what all the scoreboard chasers i know are using and it seems to be doing very well.
    • Like x 1