Munitions: A preliminary guide/discussion

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Roomba, Apr 8, 2015.

1. Absolix Loyal Player

Honestly there have been no numbers or thorough testing numbers. Everything has been people just saying they think it has been nerfed, and considering this started to pop up at the same time as GU 47 it is likely just in people's heads as the didn't realize how the cr scaling would adjust all their damage.

There have been no hotfix or update notes saying 'Splosion's damage has been reduced, so unless someone has actual proof it won't help any one to fill a guide thread with baseless claims
  2. Mister_Raccoon Well-Known Player

It's okay I guess. Damage is decent for single shot AoE but I get a nearly equal amount of damage with Rail Guns, with the same AoE, with no need to get in anyone's face or channel the ability.

Splosion and 50 Cal to me just go against the very logic of using firearms to begin with: to get phenomenal, sometimes destructive, stopping power at long range. I've recently phased 50 Cal out and my numbers shot up a bit. With the right loadout you can get 2 powers out in the time it takes to channel and execute 50 Cal.
  3. jamesbopp43 Committed Player

Since this "guide" is no longer active/updated, what is the current top dps loadout? I haven't seen a consensus anywhere.
  4. Rhinosus13 Loyal Player

I use KI, Chain gun, rocket luncher, 5BM, 50 cal, Biggun and seems to be doing me alright
  5. jamesbopp43 Committed Player

I should've been more explicit, but thanks for the info. I meant to ask for a loadout and rotation. What rotation do you use?
  6. Mister_Raccoon Well-Known Player

Again, I don't like getting in close.
    But if we HAVE to use 50 cal...

In order of rotation:
    KI, 50 Cal, Rocket Launcher, Rail Gun, 5BMG
    Then of course big gun for SC.

Alternatively, for range only sub 50 Cal for chain grenade to get the same burning PI and the same AoE burning but it only locks up one target.
    For this: chain grenade clipped into KI, rocket launcher, rail, then 5BMG. And, per usual, Big Gun for your SC to handle trash mobs or adds.
    • Like x 1
  7. Rhinosus13 Loyal Player

Same order as the loadout I wrote :)
    • Like x 1
  8. FuegoKiller Well-Known Player

New to munitions just want to know what the best rotation is now?
  9. Hector Danger Well-Known Player

I've just recently started dps'ing with munitions but splosion while sometimes hits for 30k crits and others for 4 or 5k crits. It's sorta reminds me of mass det lol.

I was using KI, 50cal, 5BM, shrapnel launcher, rocket launcher and of course big gun for SC, but what seemed good a few months ago is weak sauce now. I've recently switched to KI, rail guns, particle gun, rocket launcher, splosion and big gun. I was just trying to stick to one PI, I'm still not entirely sure about particle gun or splosion, I may try rocket retreat after splosion to see how that works lol.
  10. Roomba Dedicated Player

Came back, as the news of Atomic is reeling me in.

I'm not sure why people are saying Splosion is broken. Are you sure you're meeting the requirements of the AM? Again, you must use at least 3 different powers over at least 4 seconds. It could be some of you are using attacks that are too quick or are clipping too quickly.

My old loadout:
    Rails, 5BM, SGL (back up ranged atk), Splosion, KI, Biggun

It works fine. I have never seen Splosion have a "dinky" hit as some people are reporting.

Rotation: Splosion/KI (to get AM going) > Rails > 5BM > Splosion > Repeat. Splosion/KI when KI comes off CD. Feel free to range tap between powers if you're bored.
    • Like x 1
  11. Roomba Dedicated Player

Ahh I see. I'm not 1 shotting things I used to. Im basically getting 2x what my Rails hit for (one hit). Why on earth would they do that? It was nice giving qauntum/gadgets/mental a taste of their own medicine.

Gonna hit the parsers.
  12. Roomba Dedicated Player

Okay so my testing shows some things are new and some things are not.

CG=SGL=PG=RL.This is the same as before.

[IMG]

Their dps is all basically the same still. They're all still 2 second attacks, and you get to pick your poison. Want a wide cone that also breaks objects? Pick CG. Want to focus a single enemy or small group? Pick RL or PG. Want one that is a huge radius attack so that you can hit things behind you too? Pick SGL (my favorite).

Here's where it gets hilarious. Splosion, our iconic, ruthlessly-melee-ranged attack is now a straight up DPS loss in its own environment: PB melee range:

[IMG]

Now I won't post a graphic, but it looks like 50 Cal actually out DPSes Splosion slightly. So, thanks? I guess? It's still a DPS loss compared to the 2s powers.

Rails and 5BM appear to remain on top and roughly equal:

[IMG]

So my new loadout:

Rails, 5BM, SGL (you can use whatever 2s attack you like), RSK (YUCCKKKKKKKKK), Biggun, KI

Comments: Super disappointed. Dancing in and out for Splosion is what made this powerset fun for me. Why on earth they completely skewed the RISK : reward for Splosion is beyond me. Did it need to be toned down? Not compared to how other powers are doing, in my opinion. But even still, a minor tweak would seem more appropriate.
  13. Roomba Dedicated Player

Adding one more pic just so people can compare the 2.5s attacks and 2s attacks.

[IMG]
  14. Scar-Red Nova Dedicated Player

I haven't had time to mess around with a new DPS loadout but it's abysmal in Survival Mode at least. I tried swapping Splosion for Particle Gun and Biggun for APS just to help out.
  15. Absolix Loyal Player

But, if SGL and Rocket are 2 sec and Splosion is 1 sec, than you need to double Splosion's Dps or halve SGL's and Rocket's to compare them properly. For example doubling Splosion would give you 11058.0 Dps, more than the other two powers. Plus, Splosion is still the only AM power clippable by KI.

Assuming each rotation times out to 5 seconds perfectly, 1 sec + 2 sec + 2 sec, that would be 18 rotations and uses of each power. Take into account the animation time and 'Splosion's damage was done over 18 sec, SGL's was done over 36 sec, and Rocket's was done over 36 seconds. Now using these new times to calculate the Dps from the total damage listed gives us about 27,645.056 Dps for 'Splosion, about 20,945.3056 Dps for Rocket, and about 21458.56 Dps for SGL.
  16. Roomba Dedicated Player

This I understand, but I can use this same type of parse, flawed as it is, to see relative performance. On similar parses before my hiatus, Splosion never parsed this poorly on similar rotations.

Let me try posting something else. One sec.
  17. Roomba Dedicated Player

Thank you for correcting me. I will test more!
  18. Roomba Dedicated Player

I'm fairly certain nobody comes here anymore. But anyway. Now that I learned how numbers work and am slightly less dumb, here are updated DPS guidlines:

Loadout:

1. CG
    2. RL
    3. 50 Cal
    4. Splode
    5. Biggun
    6. KI
    Simplified Rotation:
    CG > RL > 50/Splode(/KI)

Melee rotation:
    RL > 50 Cal/Splode(/KI when it is off cooldown) > RT

Super Important melee rotation note: Allow that full RT animation, as it helps you fulfill the AM timing requirements. If you do this rotation too quickly, you will undo the AM and go back to doing awful damage.

Range Rotation:
    CG>RL>50 Cal (/KI when it is off cooldown). Note, this is obviously the simplified rotation above, youre just not using splosion since... you know you can't use it at range and stuff.
  19. Zeblin Host New Player

For your melee rotation, could you explain what RT is. I thought it was a spelling error for RL. Either way, just like you said I ended losing the AM buff as well as powere regen.
  20. Scar-Red Nova Dedicated Player

Range tap.