Munitions: A preliminary guide/discussion

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Roomba, Apr 8, 2015.

1. Absolix Loyal Player

They absorb the combined total of your Dominance and Restoration for 3 seconds
  2. JZtheDragon Well-Known Player

This is mostly information for those still learning the power as I see many posts to that effect.

Started playing munitions and really liking it. The variable ranges and areas of the AM makes it a lot more flexible than others I've tried, and the option to stay mobile while casting is always my preference over AM's that stay stationary.

I've noticed there's no solid consensus on the best bar to run with; this is IMO a good thing as it is more or less left to preference. Some disagree on use of supercharge, and some don't even use Splosion since they don't want to interrupt their 3 or 4 mid- to long-range powers. The ones with the longest cast times dish the highest damage, but DPS it is still on par with anything else.

Since the powers have no strong difference and you have to cycle three of them to start the AM, I prefer fastest activations, meaning Splosion and 50 Cal are my two favorite attacks. I don't find Biggun to be exciting enough in damage so I carry robot sidekick. Chain is on mostly by default since Rails is a longer cast and I avoid those; it can occasionally help clear objects as well which situationally can be a plus. 50's burning PI benefits all of my powers which doesn't matter by the 4th cast, but it does mean there's less start up time to doing decent damage from 0.

Splosion - Killer Instinct - 50 Cal - Chain Gun - Rocket Launcher - Robot Sidekick

There's very little in the way of protection for the times that you'll need it. As a rule, self heals for a damager such as MRE are a disappointment, so I wouldn't rely on it. I place my final power point after the crit iconics into Survival and swap it for KI to keep the headband but lose the might/crit buff for survivability. I always carry PDFs, a consumable shield, and Supply Drop. The sidekick base trinket can do a lot for you depending your needs; taunt, shield, restore and fight. Tumbling Master foot mod can give you a lot more breathing room if you are an acrobat.

While using any AM it's mostly blind on weapon choice; I prefer to AM with a weapon with fast lunge speed. Fast lunges can get you to the next mob to keep the powers rotating with almost no time lost. Shield is the fastest by a good margin and can about double a person trotting in combat with just lunging at empty air. Brawling is quite fast if you don't spec the 2nd hold hit ground pound, with the added benefits of a stronger tap range attack to slip between powers and an excellent WM for regen with shuriken storm if you're high enough in SP to consider that. 1H and DW are both not bad. Some weapons have a slow lunge and don't help with travel speed including MA, HB, DP, and bow. Some weapons can't fast lunge at all, including rifle, staff, and 2H.
  3. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

I just can't understand those that think Biggun is not worth it, smh. Biggun is munitions bread and butter, so to say. It destroys trash mobs. Use it, lol.

Just a FYI sir, you don't need a PI with munitions AM. KI is your PI. You should rethink not using railguns. It is the awesome. 50cal, to me, stinks. If you get knocked down or out of the animation. You get zero damage. I don't think there is a great loadout for munitions. I have tried them all. The move everyone uses, and I hate so I don't is SGL. I just don't see good numbers from it. I've given up trying to find a great loadout and use what's fun. Most of my damage is from trash mobs anyway. Try this and see what you think

Partial beam, biggun, rockets, railgun, splosion, KI

Usually gets me top in damage, and I love the sound of partial beam.
    • Like x 2
  4. OmniDevil Well-Known Player

Roomba, thanks for the update! I have a few questions.

CG and Rails. Is using one over the other preferred or do they essentially do the same or similar dps? For some reason, I feel like Rails hits harder, but it could just me be hoping that's the case because I love the animation and sound!

Overall DPS. For some reason, I feel like I'm not seeing the end results as high as they should be. Going up against similar geared DPS (even my friend who's running Mental is only so far behind me in DPS. We ran a Harley's Heist and he was only behind me by 700k). I don't believe it's do to screwing up a rotation, but about the only thing I'm not using is Splosion in my rotation. The only reason I don't is because I feel like it's too "clunky" and tends to get me into trouble more often than not. Could it be the lack of that one skill is lowering my overall DPS? It should also be noted I don't yet have all my gear fully modded (chose not to with the new Update hitting today and essentially needing to replace current gear).

I should probably add my loadout, in case it matters:

KI > Rails(CG) > RL > .50 > 5 Barrel > Biggun

Any help and/or thoughts would be much appreciated!
  5. Scuzlbut Well-Known Player

Hey Guys,

can anyone text me a Loadout for Muni at AF3 Update?
    I wanna swap to muni but im not shure what i have to skill and use in a good rota.
    thank you
  6. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

You have to one to many powers for the AM. The spot you have 5BM should be splosion, but if you don't like that use chain grenade launcher. Your rotation should start splosion or CGL clipped with KI. Then rails > RL > 50cal. After 50cal start over with rails. There are other options to get more damage. Splosion is a good power, but it is a melee one. If you use it then carry a repair bot instead of a soda. Your first rotation you clip splosion with KI. 2nd rotation or when KI is on cool down do splosion clipped with repair bot and jump cancel it. You won't use the repair bot. This is a way to sneak a little more damage into your rotation. I myself run a load out purely because I like the sound of it. :) splosion, ki, rails, rl, big gun, and partial gun. I just love the laser gun. The popular power to use is actually shrapnel grenade launcher, but I don't like it.

Just have fun.
    • Like x 1
  7. AbBaNdOn_IGN Committed Player

Wow I was looking for a munition guide to ask about Power Interactions only to have this guide tell me they dont even matter....

Im completely lost now. Im going to have to rethink everything. I was using 4 offensive powers because of PI's. But if its all about just dishing out damage and firing off powers fast to get AM damage going I should cut that down to just 3 offensive powers? 1 quicky and 2 hard hitters?

If it wasnt patch day I would be jumping in-game to test all this lol.
  8. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Think of it like sorcery. I see in your sig you have a sorcery toon. Munitions AM PI works like red soul aura. You don't have to have bad karma on things if you have red soul aura. Same goes for munitions. If you have your Rambo PI going, lol, your all set. This is one of the few powers you can actually play how you want and your damage shouldn't suffer that much. Of course like every power, there are optimal load outs.
  9. Please Stop Me Well-Known Player

I read guide after guide and everything I could find on munitions since my highest ranked character is munitions. Ultimately I found out that what you said is actually correct. You need to hit 3-4 moves that will refill your power, and it allows you to just spam powers over and over without running out of power. There are several moves that you could use, but without a doubt Rocket launcher and rail guns should be a must. At first I used:

Chain Gun > Rail Gun > Rocket Launcher > Killer Instinct & Big Gun > Robot Sidekick

I have been playing around with it some today. Currently using Chain Gun > Rail Gun > Rocket Launcher > 5 Barrel MG & Killer Instinct > Robot Sidekick

I am going to see which I like better between 5BMG and 50 cal, and I may end up adding a supercharge back in. You just have to play around with it. I found that for the most part I never needed the super charge move, and that I was just sitting on it wasting it. That is why I added in a 4th power so that I never have to worry about that split second of waiting for the power to become available. I have used 50 cal before, and I am worried that it may be too slow but I know that it can do good damage if it crits. When picking you powers just look for the ones that mention "When bullet frenzy is active" in the description.

The big problem you will find is that in some cases (For example the Starro event) the enemies can't withstand one attack, let alone 4, so you'll end up running out of power. However, since changing my loadout to this I have took 1st place on that finale scoreboard in everything I've been in (Often over people 20-30 CR higher then me).
  10. Black Jaq Devoted Player

I see this guide is pretty dead but in anticipation of Stats Revamp. I parsed out 25 rotations of various munitions powers for damage on 8 targets. I did not parse out specific rotations with Mini-Nuke and 'splosion as that will be entirely up to you if you wish to incorporate them. Ignore the melee attacks as I was building SC to use Big Gun

[IMG]

Just a little background: Shrapnel Grenade Launcher is a Supercharge builder, which is why it's damage is lower. Using that with 3 channels, I was able to build 50% SC in 14 rotations of 3 channeled abilities. You will have to reapply PI after using your channels. All channels leverage burning PI, giving you more flexibility of choice. There is no more Bullet Frenzy and your powers will no longer block break. You will have a 5th slot in your loadout free as Killer Instincts is now a weapon only buff, so you can put Mini-Nuke, 'splosion, an extra SC, personal shield or whatever in there.

As far as supercharges, what you see is 2 casts of Mounted Turret which is a 50% SC and 1 of Big Gun which is 100% SC. Big Gun may obliterate certain enemies under 35%.

Also, most of Munitions powers have a base 200 power cost. 50 Cal, Railguns and 'splosion have a 300 base power cost and Mini-Nuke is 450.
  11. Roomba Dedicated Player

Someone may want to make an updated guide. I will not be updating the front page any time soon.

That being said, I feel like munie has the potential to be a phenomenal battle troll
    • Like x 1
  12. gemii Dedicated Player

loving the damage with munition troll! actually came in 2nd on the chart in damage im rocking minigun, reload, rocket launcher, sharp grenade, active protection

rotation = shrap grenade, minigun, rocket launcher, survival (emergency pickup) active protection, reload i switch out survival for 50 cal until i get to a boss

was able to do alot of damage and keep the teams bar full
    • Like x 1
  13. gemii Dedicated Player

^ thats not the quickest way to play munition troll though but battle troll wise it can dish out damage.. i wouldnt really run it if im solo trolling due to the long animations
  14. LustingPower New Player

Has anyone tried a close range munition dps. I made one and using
    Pump Action Shotgun - Chain Gun - Rocket Retreat - (Mounted Turret / Small Packages) - Shrapnel Grenade Launcher - 'Xplosion

I made it Hybrid build with Rifle and am using 2 moves from the rifle tree. (Rolling Barrage and the Backwards flip)

It works for doing solo content and it holds itself in the alerts. Have not tried the raids with it.
  15. ConveyDcuo Well-Known Player

Biggun needs to be a 50% supercharge its not gud enough to be a 100
  16. Streven Dedicated Player

I'm liking ShrapGL>Rails>Chain Gun>Splosion>Rocket Retreat>Mounted Turret as my close range loadout. This is designed around small content with CC in mind. I like SGL for the knockdown, fire pi applicator and SC gen. Basically use SGL then Rails>splosion>CG>splosion back and forth mixing in rocket retreat and shrapGL for CC and/or shield as needed. The channelled moves give splosion time to come off cooldown.

Not sure I like Mounted Turret as a SC due to it getting interrupted at times. The timing of this loadout works out to use splosion just about every other cast and pretty much have 24/7 CC effects. It's fun. If you want to go super laid back easy mode you can easily 12345 this loadout as well.

I love how interchangeable the loadouts are with munitions. Its one of the most versatile and satisfying powers post revamp in my opinion.
    • Like x 1
  17. MastaMind Dedicated Player

Prior to revamp it was cake. After the revamp it is pretty much exactly the same. This is what made me abandon Munitions. However, I still ripped it up the first couple weeks of the revamp. It is just that this powerset was all I had ever used and I wanted to explore other options. After all I can always switch back. Here is what I was using:

Flak Cannon > 5Barrel Minigun > Rocket Launcher > Chain Gun > Mini-Nuke > Robot Sidekick/Big Gun.

Literally the same loadout I was using before the revamp without KI on it. I noticed that Shrapnel Launcher or Chain Grenade, whichever one is the SC generator is a viable replacement for Flak Cannon as it also applies the burning DoT/PI and builds SC.

Essentially Munitions is the same. It is fast paced and quick rotations. The only real difference is you want to drop the Mini-Nuke as much as possible. As someone stated above: Mounted Turret is also a pretty fun and cool move to use now. I truthfully used it more then Big Gun but it was mainly because I always liked the looks. It definitely ripped it up as far as damage goes as well. All in all it is definitely a "to each his own" situation now. I am sure that many of the powers are viable options. As far as mods go this is what I used:

Head - Energized Rocket Launcher - Power is a big deal. Especially if you have the Robot Sidekick on your rotation. Grats 3% power back when you use the Rocket Launcher. If you are spec'd right this can be close to 1k power back on top of your regen.

Neck - Can't really remember tbh.

Back - Accelerated Mini-Nuke - Reduces the cooldown of the mini-nuke. This is the bread and butter move it seems. Every player I have seen using this power is dropping bombs. This makes it so you can drop more bombs!

Chest - Reserve tank. You wont miss the extra damage. You will if you run out of power. To each his own tho.

Legs - Restorative Chain Gun - Heals you when you use the Chain Gun. Hence why it has been on my rotation forever.

Hands - Probably use the damage boosting one, however empowered channeling does make certain moves uninterruptible. I had already switched to Sorcery by the time I really saw this mod. Could be very useful depending on what powers it covers.

Feet - Deadly or explosive block. Doesn't really matter. I rarely ever blocked with this power. I mean who blocks when they have a rocket launcher, nuke, and several machine guns?
  18. inferno Loyal Player

What's going on with Shotgun? The first time I use it by itself the combo is a rapid fire combo but once I start a rotation; the time it takes to finish the shotgun combo slows down by a lot.
  19. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

This bothered me, and my friends, that were expecting shotgun to work as it did in PvP. The testing during the revamp killed it. I'd have to find the thread, but they didn't want people running around using shotguns, CAUSE THST WOULD BE FUN! No, the shotgun is THE weakest 100power cost ability. Pretty sure. To me, this made munitions a joke after revamp, cause, nothing was revamped. You basically use the same loadout as pre revamp, but now we use nuke.

Funny, using nucular weapons, a 50cal rifle, and other cool weapons in the munitions arsenal were just fine. Shotguns offended someone. Sorry, but for a 100 combo power, it is so broken. But most don't mess with it because the old AMs loadout works fine.
  20. Ri0THL Level 30

i usually do good in pan, only get smacked by a rage dps ,but this other munition player beat me by a mil using heat vision.