Munitions: A preliminary guide/discussion

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Roomba, Apr 8, 2015.

1. Xibo Loyal Player

I'm myself using Splosion/Ki-RL-50 Cal-SGL-repeat within the KI's cooldown. This loadout have nice parsers and give me good results.
  2. light FX Steadfast Player

Ive used KI/spolsion clip, rails, rockets, 50cal since i started playing muni and have had great results. Ive tried different rotations also but always go back to the 1rst one because nothing else does as much dmg. If i have to go complete range i ofc use chain grenade in place of splosion. Ive got 4 armories on my toon so i have played around a lot w/it as far as rotations. I think ive used every pwr in the AM. Until i change is made somewhere im sticking with my OG loadout.

For trolling chain grenade for pot, recharge (whatever its called), smoke bomb, laser net, survival and the aps(group shield). Pretty standard troll loadout as they are all really the same.
    • Like x 3
  3. SkullGang Devoted Player

Is anyone else Shrapnel Grenade Launcher bugged out by doing an extra animation after the two hits ? Its messing up my timing really bad.
  4. The Anxient Loyal Player

Should I be trying to hit splosion as often as possible or only when ki is off cooldown
  5. Harlequin Devoted Player

If you are in range, hit Splosion as part of your rotation. If you aren't, don't hit it at all.
  6. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Yes, I don't like it. The delayed dmg and stopping messed with my timing also. I just stick with splosion, ki, FBM, rockets, and rail guns. Not in that order, lol, but this is what I use on everything. I just take the loss in dps if I'm ranged cause I don't like stopping for 50cal or shrapnel.
  7. Immortal Kyrro Loyal Player

Swapping splosion for chain grenade cuts the ranged loss a bit. It's not technically part of the am but it does decent damage and sets up the burning pi that is missing without splosion. And it's clipped with ki faster than splosion too. Downside is u don't get power back from it but you only use it every other rotation so the troll can give that back to you easily.

8. Harlequin Devoted Player

The PI is irrelevant one Bullet Frenzy is active. I'd still use CGL or Flak Cannon when I can't get close enough to Splosion, though. Some damage from those is better than no damage without them.
  9. Immortal Kyrro Loyal Player

Do pis mean absolutely nothing now or is it just not enough in the scooter if things to be concerned over? The pi does add a a lil extra damage in the 1.5-4 seconds before frenzy kicks in regardless.

I haven't tried flak cannon in place of CGL yet. Is it clipped as smoothly as CGL? It may be just my perception but it feels like the animation time of ki is shorter after clipping with it.

10. Harlequin Devoted Player

I did all of my testing for the update opening with CGL clipped with KI and it made no demonstrable difference in my parses.

As far as your second paragraph, I believe it is all perception.
  11. Immortal Kyrro Loyal Player

I did say it was perception, sometimes "looks level" is more important than actually being level. I know it's not a major difference but it's not taking any more time than. Splosion. And it's doing damage, maybe only 3k per add but that's 3k you didn't have when splosion is hitting nothing. I didn't claim it to be a revolution in the way of munitions, just listed a clip besides splosion for range

12. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

I just don't like sharpnel. Honestly if I was going to use a power that stopped me like it does. I would use 50cal. In the new raid since bosses have so much heal I am actually trying the 35% in place of splosion when the boss gets that low. Anyone else try this yet?
  13. AceTheDazed Well-Known Player

Im using Splosion/ki clip then Rails-50 cal-Splode-Rockets-50 cal-splode then every once in a while biggun and KI when off cooldown. is this a good loadout? ive heard alot of ppl say 50 cal isnt good dmg anymore. is this true or do they just not like the animation. sorry if i sound like a noob, alot of people are telling me different things and im quite new to munition dps.
  14. Absolix Loyal Player

50 Cal is good, but it has more risk to it as when it gets interrupted you lose 100% of the damage while other powers in the AM only lose part of their damage.
    • Like x 1
  15. Harlequin Devoted Player

It is also highly dependent on landing a crit or it sucks. I have the same issue with Shrapnel Grenade Launcher. A lot of people like it. I do not.
  16. C4talyst Well-Known Player

I use range but mine is a little different but still with nice results.

I am going to try something a little different for range purposes and utility.

KI -> SGL -> RG -> 5BMG that is it.

now I have 2 spaces could use the bot for extra damage and I like Big Gun or heals or Buff for the team. I am going to go with heals since I am only doing duo's right now but once I get into raids will probably add Active Protection System just to help healers and trollers in tight spots.

I have heard conflicting reports I have tried several different loadouts 5BMG doesn't scale damage as well as RL. Splosions and 50 cal are your go to 50 cal has small aoe range, splosions up close. I prefer distance if I can. if this build has problems please tell me know. bullet frenzy right off hand timing issue.

right now I have 0 problems with my energy just drops a little with KI but the rest perfect.

Let me know if this is a good loadout. thank you. constructive criticism please
  17. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

I keep trying SGL, but I just find it slow. Since Biggun is the focus of our damage. I just run a straight burst loadout. 5bmg, Biggun, RL, RG, Splosion, KI. Even if you have to go range, it still hits AOE.
  18. C4talyst Well-Known Player

I had to move away from 5bmg. I was noticing the damage being mitigated between the trash mobs which made for less damage for a nice animation attack. I went back to RL not as pretty but more effective in my opinion. KI -> SGL -> RG -> RL I have BigGun as a staple for large trash mobs and I keep the RME just incase I need a heal right now.

I use this for range only problem I have found with it is targetting issues because of distance it would rather go to a cannister than say an enemy I just knocked down which drives me nuts.

the only plus I find with SGL is it fires twice so I will get at least one to land before I get knocked down 50 and splosions you miss it altogether I believe. Please correct me if I am wrong.

I start the combo with SGL for the 50% attack boost and makes RG look pretty. By RL I have bullet frenzy so my 2nd wave of SGL does nice damage.
  19. Skelter Helter Well-Known Player

Hello there.

Does anyone how much damage Rocket Retreat/Jump absorbs? I tried doing some research, but couldn't find much.
  20. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Yeah, I have been trying something new lately. Not the best damage but still good. For trash mobs I run 5bmg, rocketsx rail, splosion, ki, big gun. I clear out as much as possible with big gun. My load out changes on boss fights. I knew 5bmg was not doing as well. I just don't like SGL or 50cal. I've been running partial gun for boss fights. It does a lot better than 5bmg. I don't do the parse thing on dummies. I still don't think it gives you true numbers. So like I said, it doing good for me now. Plus the reason I like it. The sound. I like shooting my LASER GUN. Lol.