Munitions: A preliminary guide/discussion

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Roomba, Apr 8, 2015.

1. Roomba Dedicated Player

Ya. I threw the key up on the main post, shoulda thrown it here as well. But remember, it's only a timing thing. It could also be you repositioning yourself, or breaking out, or just twiddling your thumbs for half a second.
  2. Hector Danger Well-Known Player

It sure seems like splosion works a lot like gadget's emp although it does not say anything in the tool tip. I thought munitions AM was base off mobile attacks? Something just ain't right. I've tried KI, railguns, splosion but again, lousy damage. But if I go KI, railguns, rocket launcher, particle beam then splosion I get nice big numbers. Still, the tool tip should say you need to stack bullet frenzies or whatever to get those big numbers.
    Like I said, something just ain't right.
    Also, KI's cool down could be shortened a bit to be more in line with a full rotation. After using your 4 powers it's still on cool down, shortening it would certainly help with the damage out.
  3. Stark23 Committed Player

The highlighted areas confuse me, are you saying use 50 Cal or Splode or 50 Cal followed by Splode. Why the "/" and not a ">"?
  4. Absolix Loyal Player

It doesn't work like Emp. Bullet Frenzy is an effect that is activated when using powers included in the AM, the channeled powers and 'Splosion, for at least 4 seconds. Once it is active the channeled powers and 'Splosion do increased damage, doing even more damage when hitting enemies within 12m of yourself.

'Splosion does boast the highest Dps of the AM powers and it does it's damage in a single hit, as opposed to several ticks of the channeled powers, so it does hit for high numbers, but it won't get you quite the same numbers as Mass Terror, Emp, and Time Bomb.
  5. Hector Danger Well-Known Player

Your right, it doesn't. I've been playing around more with the power set lately. It's just so very interruptable (spell check says that's not a word, but it is since I said it lol), that seems to be what my biggest problem is. If you get interrupted on you 3rd power your whole rotation is buggered and since almost every power juggles or stuns, that's when enemies seem to break out and interrupt you, just before the big finisher. I haven't been using splosion lately though and switched to shrapnel launcher, it's just a little more dramatic :cool: To bad mini-nuke ain't on the bullet frenzy list, that would be awesome;)
  6. Roomba Dedicated Player

All of your attacks in the AM are interruptable ( :p ). This is the "catch" for mobile DPS AMs such as Muni, Fire, and Ice.
  7. Ash Inferno Well-Known Player

So I've noticed lol. It's still a fun power set though, and it fits my character's persona. Also, if you use rifle you can usually fit in a quick grenade in between powers, which also adds to the fun:)
  8. Roomba Dedicated Player

You can do this with any weapon, go nuts!
  9. Fighter Well-Known Player

Gong back to trolling and decided on Munitions. Is Roomba's above the lastest and greatest on the dps side?
  10. Proto1118 Committed Player

I personally haven't tried it but I'm having success with Chain Gun, Rail Gun, Rocket Launcher, Biggun, Splosion, and Killer Instinct. Probably going to switch out Biggun for Robot Sidekick because I don't use it much.
    I've beaten 130CR+ before with my 124CR. Quantum, Sorcery, Ice, and even Earth. It was only by about 150k and they probably were mediocre players with low SP but the fact remains.
  11. BleepingPC Active Player

I was thinking of coming back to the game after time off & my secondary was munitions. I was just wondering what the best loadout was & any suggestions on maximum damage.

I was running ki/50/rail/rockets/splosion iirc
  12. DarthSizzle Dedicated Player

No 50 cal?
  13. DarthSizzle Dedicated Player

Believe he means 50 cal then explode, at least that's how I tested it.
  14. DarthSizzle Dedicated Player

I'm currently using the loadout that's posted on this page by roomba which is : chain gun, rocket launcher, 50 cal, splosion, killer instinct, and big gun.
    I just switched a toon to munitions so can't really give my input yet but I'm having a lot of fun with it.
    I do have a question on the burning pi tho....can we start with 50 cal to get the pi going or is that a DPS loss?
  15. Proto1118 Committed Player

Haven't really given 50 Cal a shot but I will test it and see how it goes. I remember my parsers were lower with 50 Cal but again, I'll double check.
  16. Mister_Raccoon Well-Known Player

I've been out of the game since before atomic dropped... Sad to see that little has been done to munitions in my absence.

My troll guide linked in the first page, old as it is by internet standards, is still relevant and probably the best loadout at this time.
  17. Harlequin Devoted Player

Once Bullet Frenzy is going, Burning doesn't matter. If you want to start with Burning, you can clip Chain Grenade Launcher with KI to get started but it's not worth it.

I do not like Chain Gun because it will split on objects. 5-barrel minigun always parsed higher for me.
  18. Roomba Dedicated Player

5BM and Rails will do more total damage, because they are longer attacks, but they do not have better DPS. (Thank you to Asbolix for bringing this to my attention). CG = Rocket = Particle = SGL in terms of dps, but their differences depend on their areas of effect and what they target.

Yeah CG could lose more damage if you break objects, but you would probably use it specifically for this purpose in things such as FoS 2.

Personally, SGL is my favorite out of them given the huge radius. I find the small radius attacks can miss a lot of mobs if spread out, but that, again, is a good thing if you're trying to focus.

There is no reason to put any thought into Munitions. It is the brainless, bastard step child of DCUO powersets. Just do what you think looks cool.

The rule of thumb for munitions: The shorter the attack, the better DPS it does.

That being said I gave up on Munitions awhile ago. This is such a monotonous powerset for DPS imo. It was better before the adjusted Splosion, but now there is literally no reason to go out of your way to incorporate Splosion as any delay in your rotation is a dps loss. It's pretty much only worth using when the mob is already at your feet, which is not such a rare occurence, but I used to love moving in and moving back out in fights. Prob one of my favorite troll sets though.
  19. Rex Stone Level 30

Roomba, you've done a good job covering a lot on munition's dps and troll sides. I went munitions a little after its release. I've switched load-outs when ever there was a Buff or Nerf with it but i stuck with a load-out that i like and enjoy and it has proven to be superior, from my point of view, against some of the best Damage Players I've come across.

I believe Munition is the most powerful, but in the end it all comes down to how skillful you are with the power and not only the power but as a dps in general. Although load-outs play an important part in being a good dps, there are lots of "tips and tricks" dps players don't know about that can turn them into a great dps and some "secret ones" (Not talking about clipping powers with powers or jumping or moving while clipping, although, that works for people.) that will ultimately make you a legend no matter the amount of skill points you have. ( Still you should get your skill points.) Here's my Load-Out. Enjoy

- Rex Stone -
    Left-to-Right Load-Out
    Chain Gun
    Rocket Launcher
    50 Cal
    Five Barrel Minigun
    Killer Instincts
    Biggun

**(Activate Killer Instincts then start with Chain Gun)**
    KI>CG>RL>50Cal>FBM>CG>RL>KI>50Cal>FBM>CG>RL>50Cal>FBM>Repeat

Here are two simple tips every munitions DPS should know:
    1. When interrupted, break out immediately and continue your AM with the next power. ( Waiting too long after being interrupted can cancel out your AM causing you to lose 4 seconds in Max damage before AM kicks in again.)
    2. Try and get the best close and safe angle when attacking. ( You want all the enemies to be feel your wrath, leaving enemies out is a loss in damage. So, move around while AM is active for the best, safe angle.)
  20. Ully Committed Player

Munitions is due for it's mid-range range treatment. Hopefully, that goes on test next month.