More Difficult in Upcoming Raids

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Lara, May 9, 2021.

1. zNot Loyal Player

Your comment should be invalid since Elite raids are supposed to be difficult,i doubt that anyone said that FGS e was easy. And when This raid was adjusted the dev also intend it to be very difficult which means the devs do clearly now in advance if something is very hard,mediocore or easy.

Elite raids it should always be very hard thats the entire point of Elite how come most people even good players struggle on the Elite alert and cant finish it? Because its difficult and the dev that adjusted that actually did his job correctly! But i prefer such high difficulty for Elite raids not a Elite alert.

Stop sugarcoating and having no arguments on this topic „subjective“ they might aswell dont listen to feedback then since its all subjective so we dont even need the test server then apart bug fixxes based on YOUR argument/Logic.
  2. Proxystar #Perception

I'm not sure you actually understand the concept of 'subjectivity'.

The developers have to decide the difficulty level based on a wider range of feedback of players other than yourself, you don't get to 'subjectively' for example define "should always be very hard"; what's very hard to you, might be even harder to someone else or even easier to to another person than you find it.

You need to understand and appreciate that there's other people that play this game that hold different views in terms of difficulty and the developers are listening to them as equally so as they're listening to you, people who are also paying to play this game whose comments aren't made invalid simply because you think they should be.
    • Like x 4
  3. Miserable Dedicated Player

I think it's important to remind ourselves why Elite versions were introduced in the first place.

While difficulty is certainly subjective and it's important to get feedback from a wide range of players, I don't think I'm saying anything too flagrant when I say that feedback from elite players should be more useful/insightful to the devs than feedback from average players.
    • Like x 1
  4. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

And this is why people don’t like elitist. Calling people noobs and scrubs when you probably only run with your elitist group. As someone else said, no one forced you to spam the easy raid until you were maxed and had nothing to do. That’s completely on you. So if you are gonna come to the forums and cry cause you chose to spam the very raid you called easy than you must have a screw loose. Why didn’t you say that day one when you beat it? Why did you wait until you were maxed out to cry about it?

Do I think the raids are easy? Yes I do. They should be a little harder. But no they shouldn’t be so hard that only the top players can beat it with their top player friends. I’d rather run with people I enjoy talking to than people who have the dcuo stick so far up their *** that they monitor the testing realm to beat the raids days one than complain that it’s easy. Seems like a sad life to me.
    • Like x 4
  5. Proxystar #Perception

And who gets to define "elite player" worthy of giving feedback?
    • Like x 3
  6. Proxystar #Perception

Watch out dude, they're going to get mad and tell you you're just a casual forum noob trying to get all content made easy with comments like that lol :D
    • Like x 3
  7. CCPONCHO Well-Known Player

They just need to continue the model of having one extremely hard elite raid and one moderately hard one to try and satisfy the player base. That way everybody can be happy.

Another thing I will point out though is how certain powersets and builds can really make certain episodes alot easier. When Coue came out it was sssooo many people switching to elec to burn those eyes on trigon, along with healers running double and sometimes triple gem spam builds to feed their circuit breakers. Then you have the gadgets amulet boss damage dpses just melting the bosses while keeping their full stacks the whole raid. Those were the builds people were using for speed feats. Now thanks to SM there's a influx of return of prec dpses that's just melting brainiac in fttfe. Let's not talk about the buff troll builds :eek:

Now I'm not saying it's all about the meta builds that's making the raids too easy, but from my experience it's a noticeable difference. With how unbalanced powers/weapons/arts are I can see why the devs have a hard time adjusting difficulty. I mean DC have never been truly balanced but the difference between powers and certain builds are crazy. I can see why daybreak make so much money in the marketplace with people swapping from prec to might or w/e favorable powerset. Hell even in Coue all I saw was rage and fire tanks because they had the easiest time dealing with the eye phase on trigon.
    • Like x 3
  8. Miserable Dedicated Player

Well that's the tricky part, isn't it?
    • Like x 1
  9. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Better re-read, i never said it should not be difficult and agree it should. And to go a step further, i think they should be too difficult for most initially.
    Im openly disagreeing with the subjective claim that it is too easy. Too easy for whom? Is it that its too easy or your too good? And, where do you propose the tuning stop if your suggesting tuning it up to make it hard for you i have to assume you onoy mean tune it as far as nescessary to still allow you to complete it rite? You dont want it tuned so only the truly elite (best 8 players in the game) can clear it correct?

Im good with a subjective argument if its framed and honest. An empty claim of its too easy because alot of ppl have cleared it doesnt mean its too easy. Frame your argument, lay out the guidelines. Its clear you want it tuned up in difficulty yes? Perhaps i do as well. The difference is, i have not made the case because im honest and i dont want it tuned past my own ability level thus im not advocating for nor aginst.
    I am assuming you (as well as literally every other player wanting it tuned up) also do not want it tuned past their ability to complete and guess what, all of you asking for it have different a ility levels so who is correct? Who is the benchmark?
    • Like x 4
  10. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

That depends on the motive maybe?
    If their feedback is nothing more than to glorify themselves an talk down to others then is their feedback more valuable or valuable at all? Just a hypothetical but ones status as elite (obviously self proclaimed and subjective) doesnt make then any more valuable no matter the motive IMO.
    What i dont see is average players talking as if elite players are 2nd class but reading these comments in the thread made by the self proclaimed elite players, man, they sure like to refer to players not up to their standard as “noobs” an everything else lol. Makes it hard to take them serious or take them as well meaning
    • Like x 3
  11. Miserable Dedicated Player

I am using the word "elite" (for lack of a better one) to describe players of a certain skill level, nothing more. I don't want it to be confused with "elitist" which has more to do with one's attitude/mentality.

The reason not everyone's feedback will be equally useful in the context of Elite raid difficulty is simple:

A bunch of elite players saying the raid is too easy indicates that it might need to be tuned up.

A bunch of average players saying the raid is too hard does NOT indicate that it might need to be tuned down.
    • Like x 2
  12. Robert-Vim Well-Known Player

No one should measure their failures or successes by another persons state. If Walt Disney had listened to his ex-editor in chief of the Kansas City Star in 1919 , when he was fired for "lacking imagination and having no good ideas", we would never have had Mickey Mouse. Never judge by another's standards.
  13. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

So when the feedback is offered, how do we know they are “elite” and how do we know they arent being “elitist”. Whats the measure, the objective “line in the sand” to be an elite player? We need that standard then. It all boils down to each individuals subjective feeling.
    Maybe i am an elite player? Maybe not?
    I rarely get out damaged, i always have the most pickups, i usually have the least deaths aside from the tank. Im often the one explaining what to do to the group. By any measure i can think of, i would be considered elite.
    I dont consider myself elite tho. I think FFe is cake now that i know the mechanics/tells but again, just cause my subjective view is that its cake says so doesnt make it objectively cake.

Bottom line is:
    If you propose elite players dictating elite content via feedback over average players then lay down the objective criteria for one to be considered elite. Otherwise your point is completely mute.
    • Like x 3
  14. Proxystar #Perception

I doubt the developers ever go solely based off feedback here on the forums that sort of sample size could only possibly be errant and misleading.

They probably look at the feedback then weigh that against things like completion rates to provide a more holistic picture.
    • Like x 1
  15. Plowed In Loyal Player

For some constructive feedback, perhaps the renown given should be adjusted downward for the 1st 2 difficulty levels and the normal renown (600) should be given for the middle tier.

1 - 200
    2 - ?
    3 - 600
    4 - ?
    5 - 800

^Reduces the speed at which people get full renown when running the 1st tier. Encourages people to push to higher levels of difficulty.

Dare I say “win, win?”
    • Like x 3
  16. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Get out of here with your good ideas. This is a forum.
    • Like x 1
  17. Scytthe Well-Known Player

don’t you have stage 1 for you if other stages are too hard for you? So why do you think he is wrong? There are hundreds of people who think the same, and it’s basically the people who are running elite raids only and yes they are not hard enough on the hardest difficulties.
    Stick to stage 1 or 2 and let people give feedback about the raids being not hard enough.

Aren’t you selfish?

I really don’t understand on this forum this attitude that is about to complain about elite raids being too hard, don’t you have normal raids for you? If elite raids are too hard for you why don’t you ask to the devs to make the normal raids harder and let elite raid players give feedbacks for elites.

I don’t understand this attitude.
    • Like x 1
  18. Proxystar #Perception

if by hundreds, you mean about 17 individual users in a thread who still don't agree with each other and that only has a total 56 replies. ok, sure...

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  19. BaelinFishman Well-Known Player

No, this is not entirely accurate. It won because someone PMed 1300+ people in his discord and told them to upvote Origin Crisis. What you seem to fail to understand is that Origin Crisis caused a mass exodus from the game because it was so ridiculously hard.
    • Like x 2
  20. Miserable Dedicated Player

It's not as simple as that though, is it? There are no objective criteria. The devs can't explicitly sort and categorize feedback based on "eliteness" of the player.

I'm curious, what steps do you think the devs could take to ensure they get the difficulty right more consistently?