Marvel Cinematic And More News

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by Ankh_Legacy, Feb 27, 2018.

1. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

All right now. Monday is premier day for IW, so prepare yourselves for spoilers around ever corner, piled as high as the sky (if not higher).

There is no end to how far trolls will go to burn the world of all it happiness and unfortunately actions of some people like Grace Randolph will give them all the fuel they need to do it.
  2. willflynne 10000 Post Club

I believe Marvel did a limited series like that when they had the license for both properties.

I could see them being able to pull off a cinematic universe using the properties listed, but I think the challenging one in the list to include would be Visionaries.
    • Like x 1
  3. sirzap Well-Known Player

^^same. I like visionaries.

but wouldn't it make sense if they include M.A.S.K. first? ;)
  4. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Well, when they did an anniversary release of G.I. Joe figures (great figures, btw), a Matt Trakker managed to get thrown into the mix so it's not outside the realm of possibility.

[IMG]

And we're getting WAY off topic now, I think. LOL
  5. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Welcome to the House of Fun :D
    • Like x 1
  6. Sir That Guy Loyal Player

Only 2 more days 'till Infinity War!
  7. Arwen Skywalker Loyal Player

Going to watch it later!
  8. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

The reviews are here.

Grace Randolph did a good spoiler free review but at points had a bit to much detail so I'm not posting it just to be safe.
  9. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

Sigh, it seems the so called reputable publications are also trolls now.

This really sucks, even those reviewers who are known for their early spoiler reviews were being extra careful and this happens.
  10. Arwen Skywalker Loyal Player

Back from the movies! I don't have to worry about spoilers now.

Movie was kind of epic.
  11. Sir That Guy Loyal Player

Is it already Thursday for you there? I have tickets for Sunday to avoid the crowd but I feel like that's inevitable.
  12. Arwen Skywalker Loyal Player

Watched it Wednesday (25), my local time, Tuesday (24) in the US.
  13. ThunderGunExpress Well-Known Player

• Like x 1
  14. Sir That Guy Loyal Player

I swear if anyone even thinks about spoiling IW on here then

[IMG]
  15. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

This could be the safest place to avoid spoilers.

A few stories I've seen of people getting spoiled were in places that had nothing to do with movies or comics. One guy was on an ESPN site and another was watching a how to video for building something.
  16. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

Hey Everyone
    Just saw Infinity War Part 1 last night at the midnight showing and Marvel really hit it out of the park with this one. I avoided any reviews or articles on the film, and I got to say, the movie did not disappoint. And yes, this is SPOILER FREE, for those who had not seen it yet. In a nutshell, this is a must see movie for either a Marvel or DC fan. Yes, it has the jokes that is expected in any Marvel film but the story flowed well, the action scenes were epic, and you get why Thanos does what he does. While his character was fleshed out and somewhat deviates from his comic persona, his Black Order however, not so much. As for the adaptation, it sort of mixes parts from the 90s Infinity Gauntlet and 2013s New Avengers stories. And finally, I have to say that some scenes from the trailers were either taken out or done in a different way so that means there are deleted scenes. Still, two thumbs up on this one :)
    [IMG]
    • Like x 2
  17. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

I am still debating about seeing IW on Tuesday. I'm not a fan of overcrowded theaters so if I can get into a early enough showing, I'll be there. It looks like the 3pm area is when people start heading to the theaters.

I do so want the spoiler worries to be over. I did already trip over one troll of possible spoilers but I wasn't paying that much attention to it and what little sunk in made little sense and seemed fake.

Yes, this is where I meant to put this.:)
  18. ThunderGunExpress Well-Known Player

All that I'll say about the movie is that I thought it was epic and the characters were serviced well (which isn't an easy feat with so many featured). MARVEL's killing it.

What I wanted to say was this.
    Starlord (and by association, James Gunn) and I have similar musical sensibilities.
    After the first GotG, and before the second, I came up with a soundtrack for "Awesome Mix Vol. 2"; a sort of wishlist of songs James Gunn might use for the sequel's soundtrack (but, truthfully, I could create dozens of similar soundtracks and never use the same song twice). I tried to match the flow with a similar sort of flow for the second...a ballad where there was a ballad in the first, a more rocking song when it matched the first movie's flow.
    For example, I envisioned the opening scene of the sequel somewhat similar to the first.
    Rather than just Starlord trying to retrieve a bounty on some artifact, this time we had the whole team...and in my mind's eye, Starlord had some sort of speaker attached to his walkman and this time the whole team was grooving to the song, except Drax, who looked upon the rest of the team with pity and just stood there, and then the credits come up in big letters taking up the whole frame like it did in the first movie...but the lettering is surrounding the statue-like Drax but over the rest of the team as they're in mid-groove.
    And as Marvin Gaye sang the penultimate song in the first (in my opinion, one of the greatest songs ever created), rather than that motown-y sounding song, I thought we'd have this classic more funky Marvin Gaye song opening the second.

Now I'll tell you. Not one of the songs I had envisioned made it into the second movie (which is more than fine. As I said, I could create dozens and it's not like I really expected any of them to make it...more of an experiment of "flow").
    But the song I envisioned closing the second movie, replacing what was Jackson 5's "I Want You Back" in the first, was the song that they ended up using to introduce them in Infinity War.

And another interesting tidbit, for your MARVEL / DC crossover...Lynda Carter did a cover of that same song when she was guest host on the Muppet Show in 1980.

[IMG]

...but I won't even mention the name of song because I don't want to spoil even that for you. Unless you saw the Muppet Show episode. And if you're pissed at me for that...well, sorry. Tried to stay as spoiler-free as I could.

See it when you can and enjoy the hell out of it.
  19. Helderman Dedicated Player

Silly is the new epic
  20. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

This is how sad the fandom has become.

Was just watching one of John Campea's daily shows and the box office numbers for IW were talked about with how close it is to beating TFA's opening. The people in the chat boards are essentially doing a dance and sing "ding dong the witch is dead", like it really means that this shows one franchise is better than another.

They're also calling John a fanboy and that he is trying so hard to make it not true, just because he is saying it's so close that we have to wait until the official numbers come out tomorrow.

I just don't get what it matters, both franchises have their place, have their fans, have their haters, they both do what they are suppose to do, entertain us. For some reason people just cant sit back and enjoy what they like, they feel the need to seek the destruction of what others like.
    • Like x 1