Marvel Cinematic And More News

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by Ankh_Legacy, Feb 27, 2018.

1. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

That is true if we were talking about the comics.

As you are well aware of (and have been vocal but not liking at times), movie/T.V. is a totally different thing from the comics. Though the comics have spelled out what Cap's abilities are (there has been some changes over time), the MCU has not fully done that.

They really haven't shown how strong he is, sure he's not at Thanos' level but it looks like he will be more of a problem to Thanos in IW than he was in the comics.

The one thing the MCU has shown us is that Cap can improve/get stronger. It looks like the MCU version of the serum isn't a one and done thing, it allows for someone to continue to improve.
  2. Sir That Guy Loyal Player

That's true. But Thor Ragnarok was during Civil War, and that was a huge hit.

I also feel like Ant-man is so underrated. He's one of the few characters with access to the Quantum Realm (a concept that is probably going to be explored more as the MCU continues) along with Doc Strange.

Plus, he can grow super small and super huge. And the trailer for the Ant-man and the Wasp movie was phenomenal, especially during the fight scenes.

Plus, casting Paul Rudd as Ant-man was genius. It's a shame Ant-man doesn't get appreciated as much as he and his supporting characters should.
  3. willflynne 10000 Post Club

The closest I've seen on any sort of gauge of Cap's abilities (particularly strength) was on an episode of Agents of SHIELD. Deathlok (pre-augmentation) was going through some training and one of his tasks was pushing a bulldozer and, well just watch. LOL

• Like x 1
  4. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

Of course this will fall on deaf ears. Especially Grace Randolph, who will have hers out the on the Monday prior to release, as usual.

Yes, he made a type-o in the date, to which he already made fun of himself for it.
  5. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

This is something fun that just popped up.

IMO, her best looks were in Winter Soldier and Civil War, with Civil War being the best.
  6. Helderman Dedicated Player

Scarlett Johansson agreed to retunr to the role of Black widow with one condition: no more ridiculous wig.
  7. Wiccan026 Loyal Player

Now is that just a take on her being a blond,
    or was that really a thing :D
  8. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

There is no proof of her doing that and it is highly unlikely that she would have.

Wigs are a godsend to actresses. They don't have to cut or die their hair to fit a part that will only take a few weeks to do, plus then there's the likely hood of reshoots months to a year later.
  9. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

From what I've read, that is her hair not a wig.

She came up with the idea of being blond on her own and the cool thing is, she did it to honor the Widow history. She really seems to know her character and chose the hair to represent the other Black Widow, Yelena Belova.
  10. Helderman Dedicated Player

Giving too much credit to actors. Classic.
  11. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

What?

Scarlett has stated what I posted in many interviews but from what I am gathering of your comment, you wont take her word at face value.
  12. Wiccan026 Loyal Player

That's what I originally read somewhere which is why I couldn't figure out if the guy was trolling (plus considering some of the other styles she's worn the hair shes sported for Avengers has not been crazy).

Not to mention she couldn't have red hair for this movie anyways, Black Widow is supposed to be incognito at the moment.
    • Like x 1
  13. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

We are at the point where anything IW could be giving to much info but this is a TV ad, so we're all going to see it at some point.

14. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

Hey Everyone
    So here are the movie marketing posters for INFINITY WAR
    [IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG]
  15. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

That's either Ant-man, or Hulk's own Shoulder Demon :p
    • Like x 1
  16. Helderman Dedicated Player

We all know how it ends: Nobody will die. The Hulk will slam Thanos and leave saying "puny titan". Thanos will go back to Titan cuffed and gagged.
  17. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

• Like x 1
  18. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

And that's something WB still hasn't figured out

One problem: it said "Three weeks before Iron Man", butt it actually started with Ang Lee's 'Hulk' movie, lot of people put that one down, butt that movie is what truly started the Mighty Marvel Cinematic Universe, largely because they didn't do a DC and completely ignore what happened in it
  19. Sir That Guy Loyal Player

The biggest reason Marvel wants to erase the Hulk movies is cause they had creative differences with Edward Norton. Norton was disappointed with the outcome of the movie, and when Marvel asked him to play Hulk in Avengers, he refused. Norton reportedly had refused playing Banner again due to his fear of being typecast by the role. So it makes sense why Marvel would want to erase that movie from MCU fans' minds. And plus, everyone knows Hulk's origin story (hence, why Spidey didn't get his inside the MCU)
  20. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Butt that's the thing: they didn't erase the Norton Hulk movie's, they simply moved on, unlike with DC and the '90s Bat-movies (and yet again with the Dark Knight trilogy) and "Supperman Return's" (and the Reeve's movies)