Marvel Cinematic And More News

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by Ankh_Legacy, Feb 27, 2018.

1. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

It is well past time for a single Marvel thread like aurorabenz07's WB/DC thread, so here we go.

This thread is for any and all Marvel movie, TV, streaming, comics and merchandise news.

2. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

3. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

Speculation based on a toy but hey, it's Jessica presenting it.

4. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

This is just for fun and has some nice comics Groot history recap. Jessica has some good outbursts too.

5. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

It seems Sony is really stretching now.
  6. Arwen Skywalker Loyal Player

• Like x 2
  7. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Okay, I'll freely admit it, I giggled and geeked like a little fanboy watching the new Avengers trailer. Watching the personalities clash and mix is going to be half the fun of that movie. :D
    • Like x 2
  8. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

All this talk I'm seeing about cap blocking a punch from Thanos, that wasn't even a punch. People can't pay attention. The scene where thanos is lunging and the scene where cap stops his hand are two completely different scenes, the second one it looks like he's reaching in to grab something but cap stops his hand. Everyone thinking the two scenes are linked is exactly what's wrong with the internet lol.
  9. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

That's the internet for you. Thanos is clearly playing around with Cap just as he did with all the Marvel heroes that fought him in the comics.
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  10. Arwen Skywalker Loyal Player

11. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

With most of the stuff I have been looking at, very few people have made that mistake and when they did people quickly correct them.

It's far to obvious that the scenes are different, Super punch with right hand, with a dark ugly sky behind Thanos. Versus Cap catching the left gloved hand in a pretty jungle setting.

Looking at Thanos' face, he seems quite shocked that Cap was able to do that.
  12. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

Yeah that's apart of the big question people keep asking.

Why aren't Hawkeye and Ant-Man in the trailers and promos?

Do to a statement by a Russo, that Hawkeye has his own journey, has brought an interesting theory to light. He could be on a secret mission to find another Captain.

Most people are just joking that Ant-Man is there, he's just to small to see.

Whatever their part is, to show them seems it could give away major spoilers.
  13. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Oh trust me, I've seen plenty of it. Being in a marvel group on FB with over 500k members in it,I've seen comments like "my boy cap stopped a punch from thanos with the gauntlet on" like no he didn't...or even better one- "So Thor get's bodied by Thanos but cap can stop one of his punches? That's just lazy writing." Of course these people are corrected like you said, but still hilarious to see.
  14. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

:p Yep. I've seen comments like that, especially on reactions towards the trailer.

PS: The reaction with Cap struggling against Thanos's hand and their reaction is at 3:22
  15. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

16. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

17. Sir That Guy Loyal Player

Is anyone else ticked off Ant-man isn't in any other trailers or posters or magazine covers (except the very first mag cover).
  18. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

He and Hawkeye are very much talked about for this.

It seems both of their story arcs could have big spoiler implications if they are shown in any advertising.
  19. Sir That Guy Loyal Player

Really? wow.

Hey, do you think Infiinity War is going to overshadow Ant-man and the Wasp's popularity. Ant-man is currently the MCU's most underrated character and I feel like Infinity War isn't going to help.
  20. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

Well yeah, IW will overshadow Ant-man and the Wasp. Avengers is the super bowl of the MCU movies after all but it will bring more people to see Ant-man, if it is anywhere close to the hype.

Ant-man is on the lowest end of the MCU totem pole, he just doesn't have the popularity of the other characters. There is one thing that could hurt Ant-man and the Wasp though, it takes place shortly after Civil War and before IW. So with it being in theaters after IW, it may be confusing to many, which could hurt word of mouth.