Legends PvP guide- Your Favorite Character(s)

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by The Enquirer, Feb 15, 2014.

1. Grand Shaw Loyal Player

I'm sure Enquirer and I would love to face the two of you at your best. But seriously, too much power for such average burst.
  2. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

I mean maybe that was just the way you were playing at the time like you said, but a huge chunk of my strategy in that map revolves around making both opponents waste power so my teammate can essentially 2v1 them. It still doesn't change the fact that the burst damage combo you're describing uses an enormous amount of power Just onslaught and the finisher alone use almost 60% for what's considered just above what the huntress can get from using one power and a weapon combo.
    • Like x 2
  3. Master Play Committed Player

It does use a lot of power, but when you're countering your opponent, the damage really does make up for it. But I always watch my power bar, If I go below 40% power and my opponent isn't even below 70%, I resort to basic combat until I see a counter. It depends on who is playing the character, anyone can spam a couple of powers and be out of power. With every fight, no matter what character you are, you need to manage your power. I mean, unless you're spamming a HB character from the air.
  4. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

You're only able to do it once at a very particular time to get full use out of it. Pretty much every other high burst damage character can either do it at any point, or has more power efficient options for higher burst damage if it isn't the correct time.
    • Like x 3
  5. Master Play Committed Player

In 2v2s, it doesn't take very long for an opponent to hit 60% below health. Once is all you need usually and even in that one burst your opponent will be low enough for you to finish him/her off. Powers aside, one handed is one of the burstiest weapons next handblasters. One handed goes well with deathstrokes powers.
  6. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

The staff is actually able to inflict more raw damage than one handed is during a counter window actually by a good 400 damage in legends. On average with one handed using flip slash during a counter window you'll average just under 1200 damage after the counter.

That places it on par with brawling actually. I'm not going to go do the math for every single weapon but one handed isn't an outlier actually when it comes to burst damage.
    • Like x 1
  7. Master Play Committed Player

After some testing -

(These numbers are based on counter damage from BB'ing, but not including the BB) -

1300 average -> Onslaught -> Onslaught Slice -> Grenade
    2800 average -> Onsluaght -> Onslaugjt Slice -> Grenade -> Finisher (Not below 35%) -> Clipped with Covert into surprise attack. Used 40% power to execute those moves. it's not as bad as you say/think. The only risk using this combo is the covert hit sometimes not registering, but that can be perfected with timing.

With counter damage on lunges, the numbers are around the same. I've yet to see under 1200 damage after a counter, but I don't use flip slash.
  8. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

That's not 40% power. Onslaught costs 300 to use. Grenade costs 150. The finisher costs 275. 300+150+275 is a total of 725 power used.

On average that combo will net you 3400 if the finisher hits for high damage, which means you needing to do that later in the fight. Due to the power out you will not have enough power to execute even above low burst damage again. You don't even have enough power remaining for two powers actually. I won't deny that's an impressive amount, however what I am going to say is that it costs too much power to use all at once given all of that.

EDIT: Also take into account up until this point in the fight you are extremely limited on your damage options and can't really clip either due to how power heavy this is.
    • Like x 1
  9. vowel New Player

Just reading through some of the guides. Noticed the Bizarro guide has Punt as one of the weapon combos (tap x2, hold x2). This combo is not Punt on Bizarro, it is Heavy Uppercut. Heavy Uppercut doesn't have the long animation time of Punt, so the text would need to be edited there as well.

Note: Punt is also listed in the 'Hard Stuns' part of Bizarro's advanced strategies.
    • Like x 2
  10. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

Thank you! I'll go through in a bit and make the changes! I need to revise his counter punishment anyway actually.
  11. Gr33n Static Well-Known Player

This is amazing, Thank you.
  12. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

Jeeze, this must have gotten lost in a sea of notifications. Normally I try to be better about responding to posts here, sorry about that. And thanks a ton! I've been trying to keep it up to date the best I can. I still need to do some work on some of the older guides.
  13. NerdGeist Well-Known Player

Oh, can't believe I'm gonna be the first to say it here... buddy you totally need to update Shazam into the guide! :)
  14. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

Honestly, not gonna bother writing one for him myself for a while.
    • Like x 1
  15. NerdGeist Well-Known Player

A pity. I wanted to know if the character is worthy before acquiring it. Guess I'll make do with Luthor for some time then. :D
  16. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

The reason why I'm not writing one for him is because he's so drastically over powered. I'd rather not encourage people to learn how to one shot with him.
  17. MrMigraine Devoted Player

I'm very interested to hear what the Test Community thinks about Legends after the changes in Update 47. This note from the Test Server seemed particularly interesting:

18. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

Unless they adjust shielding along with it, shields are going to be extremely useless. Shaw believes that shields weren't given the same 50% increase as damage, so unless they do something special like reflect damage, they aren't going to be terribly useful.

From what Shiny was saying it sounds like they didn't increase any non-combo damage, so that actually places a much greater emphasis on power management and counters, which I'm all for.
    • Like x 1
  19. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

Check your steam bro
  20. L T Devoted Player

All I tested were the iconic instances, which are more or less completely unplayable. Every add is like a sub-boss, taking a very long time to kill. The WW iconic I died in the first fight, mobbed by adds. I clip moderately well with Huntress, and made it past the first boss in that solo, but not without dying twice.