Intermittent Access Issues - July 15, 2014

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Jul 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ConnerSandsmark Well-Known Player

Thanks Mepps for the update
    • Like x 1
  2. GrimmjowSaero New Player

I can not connect to PS3 ... error 1046 ... what a bore! I hope solutions soon. (sorry for my english, i'm italian)
  3. ReAni Mator New Player

If you go to your settings/network/enter manually and change your primary and secondary dns setting to 8.8.8.8 it should allow you accesss.
    • Like x 1
  4. cassi Well-Known Player

5. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

So what happened, what did it take to fix, and what was put into place to prevent future downtime? Not trying to be harsh, but it seems like those three things should always be addressed when there's an outage. They're the things I've had to answer at any job I've ever worked when I've messed up. Just seems like a routine thing that doesn't happen that could save a lot of anguish on both sides.

I'm guessing we see cagey-ness with downtimes is because of all the entities involved and the fear of one of them thinking they're being blamed?
  6. Split Evolution New Player

48 hours without DC? can you at least give me back those 2 days for my legendary? I just renewed it yesterday :(
    • Like x 1
  7. ReAni Mator New Player

Actually the primary and secondary dns changes to 8.8.8.8 don't seem to work on ps3, but they worked for me on the ps4 and gave me access to the forums on pc. It will be different for everybody as to when it's fixed as it comes down to our individaul isp's updating the domain change info on their end, as far as I understand it
  8. Dazuzi New Player

Can't edit the original post anymore, there's a typo in the address list and it's missing a few addresses.

Here's an updated list with all of the addresses the EUPC game/launcher tries to resolve, and also the needed addresses for accessing forum.
    Code:
    64.37.170.16 lvs-gt-els01.station.sony.com
    69.174.203.134 lvs-gt-els02.station.sony.com
    69.174.203.135 lvs-gt-els03.station.sony.com
    # lvs-gt-els04.station.sony.com
    64.37.129.11 ns2.sonyonline.net
    64.37.132.11 ns4.sonyonline.net
    64.37.175.11 ns6.sonyonline.net
    64.37.171.24 lp.soe.com
    64.37.169.11 manifest.patch.station.sony.com
    66.171.224.65 dcuo.patch.station.sony.com # wildcard.station.sony.com.edgesuite.net --> a1073.g.akamai.net
    64.37.171.29 auth.station.sony.com
    69.174.204.11 forums.station.sony.com
    64.37.171.32 assets.daybreakgames.com
    63.140.62.141 smetrics.soe.com # soe.com.102.112.2o7.net

And once again: don't touch the HOSTS file if you don't know what you're doing.
  9. Echephyle New Player

Dc'd along with my friends. I was stuck at the loading screen. Tried to relog but "failed to connect to server". For all these problems, we the paying pkayers deserve compensation. We pay to "play the game". Not to be forced to do something else when we're 100% in the mood for dcuo.
  10. Mistress Ami New Player

Hey Mepps, I cant connect from my home network either, but I just saw all the haters on the facebook page (and some here in the forum...) crying about not being able to connect for up to 2 days and i felt obligated to let you know that not all of us are whingeing ingrates. Many of us understand that for a game this size, poop is gonna happen from time to time. I mean honestly, if it was 2 weeks that would be a different story altogether, right? But it's not, and i can still play using my mobile data, so its not that big a deal to me.

P.S. Best. Game. Ever :D
    • Like x 1
  11. Rocko Man Of Action New Player

As long as we get some Loyalties points its all good
  12. Jenadara New Player

13. Nevaldus New Player

I'm having the exact same problem...hope this is all fixed soon, can't wait 48 hours.

Nevermind, 2 minutes after posting this it started normally.
  14. EctoLantern Active Player

It's 1:00 AM and still can't play. Been unable since 7:00 this morning. This month I've missed hours and hours of play-time due to circumstances beyond my control. Some type of recompense is called for. To expect a customer to pay for a service and have it deliver sub-standard performance is poor business practice. I love the game and will probably continue to play regardless, and I suspect that is why the company doesn't give station cash, etc. to soothe bitter feelings. Just venting. I know computers and systems and know lots can happen, but me missing up to 48 hours game-time due to an error at SOE without any type of consideration is just poor business. I KNOW it's only a couple of dollars, but that isn't the point. You offer a service, you deliver the service. If you can't due to a fault of your own, you try to make things right for the client. That's the way I do it in MY business, and it works. 'Nuff said.
  15. xskateXX Well-Known Player

I have problems login to the game and i cant enter dcuo forums or website when im connected to my internet
    Im writing this from my phone. Fix this
  16. GrimmjowSaero New Player

I tried to change dns at 8.8.8.8 but it does not work the same! I always error 1046. (Ps: the game on ps3)
  17. GrimmjowSaero New Player

PS: I am using a different dns on pc to visit this forum, because in Italy many fail to enter. (sorry for my Inglese.)
  18. ghostwalkerjack New Player

i like how people say we shouldn't complain and things like this happen.
    if you pay for broadband and it goes offline for 2 days wouldn't you complain, or if you couldn't get electricity in your home.
    when you pay for a service you expect it to work, get a refund or some form of compensation.
    that's the way the world works.

i feel that we should get something, either sc, replay badges or and this is my hope.
    the back from the hack feat, the back from the hack feat which people got for not being able to play for a month,
    well if you add up all the time this game has been offline this year alone I'm guessing it would add up to more that that?

we pay for legendary and we still can't play for a lot of the time, there are some people streaming on twitch who were offline for 30 mins.
    i haven't been able to play for 25 hours and counting, i know its not dcuo's fault its soe's but seriously this is ridiculous?

if not can you at least work on an offline mode so we can play during the downtime :(
  19. Skittler1 New Player

Why it say that my acount is banned and why cant i talk to the support team. i am sick of all this this is the 3de time i cant play this game.
  20. Skittler1 New Player

Why it say that my acount is banned and why cant i talk to the support team. i am sick of all this this is the 3de time i cant play this game. I pay for legendary and we still can't play for a lot of the time.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.