Intermittent Access Issues - July 15, 2014

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Jul 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FESTER665 Devoted Player

I wish I could've bought the domain out from underneath them and held it ransom for a pair of Sharpshooter legs.... :D
    • Like x 5
  2. SoulflyMike42 New Player

Oh having a day time job can be bliss
    • Like x 4
  3. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

This morning when we did not have access to the game..... we did not have access to the forum either.

So not really an option.
    • Like x 1
  4. Duelzy New Player

I waited all day, still nothing worked, I have ps4, so figured i was the 2 day type... tried this not even 30 seconds ago and logged in instantly. Please lets more people know this is a possible fix, thank you!
    • Like x 1
  5. MinuteMaster Well-Known Player

I'm online, but I know that many other people aren't, I think we should get some compensation for this interruption. Maybe some station cash would be of service :)

In all seriousness though, we do need some compensation for this long interruption.
    • Like x 2
  6. Ice Lantern New Player

I'm curious how a company as big as SOE allows their domain name to expire. Sometimes I wonder what goes on over there.
    • Like x 3
  7. Ikyotojin Dedicated Player

8. jordirobert New Player

48 hours nah this is ure problem. u have to gives us a reward
    • Like x 1
  9. NCR RANGER New Player

I'm on PS4 and I still can't get on.
  10. EvilPrince3 Active Player

Wow demanding a reward yeah that'll work...ever thought that maybe just maybe if you were patient and not telling them what they have to do and just be respectful that they'd be willing to give a compensation to players for it? I mean come on it's not like they did this in purpose it was a mistake and yes I get that your upset about it I would be too but show some respect and quit demanding things
  11. Ikyotojin Dedicated Player

cannot dl update.
  12. Dazuzi New Player

Just to add a few more options how to fix it temporarily:
    1. As someone already suggested, you can try alternative DNS servers. It's the first thing you should try. You can try Public DNS, OpenDNS or you can use Google to find other services.
    2. If you're on windows, you can edit your HOSTS file manually and force the game to use the correct IP addresses. Note: this is only for advanced users, and you should restore the HOSTS file to what it was before after the 48 hours, or sooner.
    To edit the HOSTS file, you must run a text editor (notepad) as admin. You can find the HOSTS file from "%systemroot%\system32\drivers\etc\". After you've found it and opened in the text editor, add these lines to it:
    Code:
    69.174.203.135 lvs-gt-els03.station.sony.com
    69.174.203.135 lvs-gt-els03.station.sony.com
    64.37.171.24 lp.soe.com
    64.37.129.11 ns2.sonyonline.net
    64.37.132.11 ns4.sonyonline.net
    64.37.175.11 ns6.sonyonline.net
    64.37.169.11 manifest.patch.station.sony.com

Note: there's a chance they only work for EUPC users. There's also a chance that the IP addresses have changed, so you might want to use some web DNS tool to resolve the addresses again and update/change the IPs.

If you aren't sure what you're doing, don't touch the HOSTS file. And just to point it out: it can be dangerous to add random lines to the HOSTS file. It could be used to direct the users to dangerous websites and so on. Even now you should use some trusted DNS service to resolve those addresses by yourself and replaces the IP addresses, that way you know for sure they're the right ones.

This is something SOE should have done when the problems started. All they would have had to do was to give us that data and it would have fixed the problem.
    • Like x 3
  13. MolleaFauss Active Player

If what I overheard is right, someone in SOE will not find his desk tomorrow...
    Quite an epic fail, boys...
    • Like x 2
  14. MinuteMaster Well-Known Player

I understand, but when people log in, they expect to get on and play, and two days is quite some time. Personally, I'm not having any trouble, but I know many others still are, and the least they could do is give the players some station cash or replay tokens.
    • Like x 2
  15. SkullGang Devoted Player

Free 1000 MC/SC for everone ! I wish....
    • Like x 2
  16. FaLeX Dedicated Player

;)

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  17. Furious Wind Well-Known Player

all the day, still I can't play, this is getting ridiculous, because the "fault" now is up our provider slowness to refresh the new informations...
    No words about the smarts to have a soe domain expire...
    I should pay you in an intermittent way like I can play.
    • Like x 2
  18. FaLeX Dedicated Player

[IMG]

Just change the DNS settings on your Playstation in Network settings

try either google (see my previous post) or try http://www.opendns.com/ (click link for DNS ips)

Good Luck...(Kidnapper Voice from Taken)
    • Like x 1
  19. MonkeyZehn New Player

Wow, really like this game, but I'm not feeling all the days I can't play, I have yet to be compensated. I have no prob. waiting, but I'm not free to play so I feel a little ripped off at this point.
    • Like x 1
  20. EvilPrince3 Active Player

I'm not free to play either I've been legendary since Christmas of last year and believe me 2 days is a long time but when people demand things all it's going to do is make it so that they are more stressed out..they are doing their best so just give them a break maybe they will give everyone a compensation but you can't demand one..suggest yes but not demand
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.