I have been banned

Discussion in 'PC Account Support' started by Talve, Mar 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Clutchmeister Loyal Player

Little reading comprehension is dangerous too. At no point did I ever say I knew better than the developers (in fact read my post again and you will see I stated I've only programmed simple games, feel free to copy and paste where I explicitly said "I know better") however that doesn't mean what I said wouldn't work. It was just an example of what COULD work. Seriously no one seems to be able to read in this forum, they just fly off the handle.

You're also assuming that I know little from a practical standpoint, again another massive assumption on your part. Besides can we please stop de-railing this thread even more, this was supposed to be about Talve trying to acquire more information, not something to show off how poor people's reading comprehension can be.
  2. Aiden Warren New Player

people keep saying they are it tech, network engineer, coding this and programming that, and they are not acting professional at all, and instead they show their way of talking and communication to people on the net isn't professional.
    In which people keep saying he is a network engineer, It tech, programmer, but yet they are on the forums to cause disruptive behavior towards ppl online that they wont see in person, and no point is behaving this way if they have all these professional jobs.

Instead of acting this way, why not be profession and help and be kind and try to keep postivie at all times, like Alex, you don't see staff ever trying to interact with immature people on the net.

so your a staff as a profession programmer this and tech that, and this is how you deal with trolls and bad people on your own site and area? so if a person at your job acts up and misbehave, your going to act profession and try keep positive and enforce the rules and take legit action and be assertive to the internet angry nerd as a staff or your going to act immature to ppl at your own job as well?

Im just heard too many times of people saying they are this and they work for this but they don't show it and are on the net 24/7 tolling people themselves.

oh and don't forget that you say your this and your that and depending on what you say you are, that requires an advanced degree, and 4 years prior to that and another 4 years for another advanced degree, but your age shows too young for all those years it takes to get an advance degree,
    • Like x 4
  3. Mad9 New Player

Your overreaction is not helpful . Nevertheless, massive assumptions or not, you are currently a student and I'v been one at some point of time. I used to think that I have sufficient knowledge and understanding of the subject matter and that I was an expert even before graduating . In all sincerity, the knowledge you acquire during college are purely algorithms without them ever being tested heuristically in a live work environment. Perhaps, you might realize it when you have truly worked as a professional for a few years. Other than that, you are just fooling yourself.
    • Like x 1
  4. Aiden Warren New Player

I know only very little about CCNA :D
  5. djluxi New Player

The fact that you even consider putting it on the list makes me think you value yourself way higher then others. See, i dont think i would even consider that being a possibility.

On the other hand, i have a feeling that not only Clutchmeisters sense of sarcasm was kidnapped.
  6. Clutchmeister Loyal Player

I'll pm to address you, as you seemed to have ignored my post about how de-railed the thread is getting.

Sorry about this Talve.
  7. BadHansel New Player

It is not de-railed, it is an logical consequence of the first and following posts:

He got the ban from ProSieben, he wrote tickets to ProSieben, he got mails from ProSieben and wants to have answers from HERE.
    What did he expect?

And because of this:
    we talked then about using bugs, if it is ok or not. (Better topic in the funhouse or gotham?)

Its better that this thread gets finally closed....
  8. Clutchmeister Loyal Player

So discussing my programming knowledge is a logical sub topic of Talve wanting to get information on his ban?

Gotcha.
  9. BadHansel New Player

You said the bugproblem is easy to resolve. I wrote only, that you can't know it. I didn't want to offend you. I didn't even want to discuss your programming knowledge. I only anwered on this. You said what you think, I said what I think about that. So I was not more offtopic than you.

And I said, that it was logical that this thread with not having a real objective (No one can help him here, so what did he want?), can take every direction. So you cant say it s derailed
  10. Aiden Warren New Player

I don't do It Tech or Network Programming Engineer
    But Im friends with Dog The Bounty Hunter

/thread
    • Like x 1
  11. Talve Dedicated Player

I'm not the only one who has been throwing out ideas for reasons since the incident...
    I was one of the last people to take this option into consideration.
    This thread was made over a week after the ban.
    So a lot changed about the situation even before this thread was created.

Yes, i talk a lot.
    No, i'm not grand master of 5 universes.
    No, i'm not eating up sarcasm on this subject (with exception of friends).
    So yes, don't be surprised if i do not warm & fuzzy towards it.

So what you are pretty much saying is:
    1. No one from EU reads this forum.
    2. No one from US side ever has had any problems on similar subject.
    3. SOE could never answer any questions.

As again, this thread was created over a week after the ban.
    And the way how pro7 had and has handled the tickets as well as how slow (specially compared to SOE staff), collecting information on the subject from everywhere has been necessary (specially for making process with pro7 faster, as instead of waiting weeks for minor answers, i have been able to collect all the side information from everywhere else).

As so far pro7 has dodged absolutely every single question on this subject -> every.
    Most of the answers on the subject as well as information on general support & customer relationship and so on i have gotten from here (via PM's and SOE.com support where Alex redirected me).

This thread here has been one of the most useful sources for information for me so far, as it has reached to many people who have provided me with some source of information.

So yes, it has objective.
    And yes, off topic still means off topic.
  12. BadHansel New Player

1. Never said this.
    2. Never said this.
    3. Yes. They can't answer such questions.

So everything I said is, you have a problem with your PROSIEBEN (!!!!!) Account, you are in contact with Prosieben (Ticket/Mail whatever), so SOE can't help you.

Which information? Why you are baned? I doubt it. Speculations, nothing more.
  13. Talve Dedicated Player

Information about what can i do,
    who i can contact with,
    where to find additional information,
    what information to provide,
    what kind a information Support can or can not release recording to their rights,
    how Support uses their terms down to simple words like cheat and hack (at least how SOE does it) ,
    and so on.

And you obviously have never had any long time tickets open with pro7.

The speed they answer you combined with ignoring of questions (even simple ones), ignoring details (even simple ones like instead of linking the whole Code of Conduct, linking actual rules i broke took pretty much 3 weeks).

Speculations or not,
    any information i can gather out side of pro7, will make process with pro7 themselves faster (weeks worth of time).
  14. Captainsolo7 New Player

Talve I have had a similiar problem as you and I paly on USPC and havent been a subscribing member for long though but I have never hacked in any game ever nor this one, I think a hotkey on my keyboard may have been the issue or a script but I do not know because i received no detailing information on the matter i was banned and thrown out like a dog luckily i havent received a permanent ban(YET)

Here is the link if you are interested in reading: http://forums.station.sony.com/dcuo...unt-has-been-banned-accused-of-hacking.10096/
  15. Captainsolo7 New Player

And it seems that Badhansel doesn't take situations like this seriously as it should because many a innocent players may be being banned for problems that are devs responsibility to fix and security teams not following through with thorough investigations as it is legendary members that make sure their checks have numbers on it, and that may be rude and blunt to say but it is true. if you can't appreciate the consuming paying customers and help with their problems then you shouldn't have your job, and to think the new DLC is coming out soon, I would hope that many problems are fixed before then or there will be very unsatisfied customers and the bulk of them will not be likely to stick around. I mean that would just be a professional way to handle a business like this in my perspective, I mean if your Hacking and know damn well of it wel congrats you're gonna get what's coming, but in situations like this when dealing with this gaming community I notice a lack of information, coordination, and execution process. If this gaming community had that it would flourish loudly as this gameplay style stands out and hardware requirements are not as high as some of other mmo's of the generation and you can characterize almost anything in this game to fit your selective personality, so what this all boils down to is failure not from consumers(with some exceptions of real exploitations) but ignorance of the SOE/pro7 (whatever) team in areas of security and the faliure to fix problems in game that not us as players are responsible but the flaws of the creators
  16. petvpets New Player

Call me crazy

But isnt these things all the same thing

It has gone from cheating->to hacking->to cheating->to in game abuse->back to hacking.

At least in my mind they are. Nothing personal but you know. All depends on what you were doing., or.. not doing. Maybe you got happytreefriends angry hence report happy. GMS went to investigate and uncovered something. I am not accusing you but rarely have I seen anyone who has been banned who posts a thread ever admit to anything.
  17. Captainsolo7 New Player

ya I suppose there isn't a way to tell if someone would or wouldn't admit to that but should that mean that scrutiny to all players flagged because as I said some stupid irrelevant crap like a script or hotkey got you flagged or some heated player mad because you owned them with superior skill? pfft my Unsung and I from soul reapers were owning in arenas the past few days b4 i was banned he is Psychic controller w/ Handblasters tier 4 pvp and I play a sorceror healer w/ shield as my weapon and only in tier 2 and some starter blues pvp gear on and yet are owning groups with all full tier 4 just because we can out smart or coordinate and out heal.....so some raging player is mad and reports hacking because they lost to a lesser equiped team but clearly out power them in knowledge/tactics so complete scrutiny of all people flagged or reported without proper proof in such areas should be banned or am I reading correctly? or of course being blamed for some issue in game that isnt my responsibilty to fix?
  18. Catastrophes New Player

Talve, I remember when you came to USPC server for short time to do legend matches and I ran one with you guys as well. Hope you can actually find out why, or get something resolved. I will say though, I definitely think you are legit from not only seeing your youtube videos, but playing with you for the short time that I did.
  19. Talve Dedicated Player

That's the problem with terms.
    Cheating can literally mean anything. It can mean glitch abuse, scripting, hacking, literally anything.
    Hacking is strait forward hacking -> game files modification or 3rd party program usage -> changing how game behaves with additional code.

So cheating equals hacking.
    Hacking does not equal cheating.

When it comes to in game abuse and gaining "unfair advantage", that can literally mean anything as well, but the "in game abuse" part just seems to be most logical response for "glitch" using.
    But if they ban someone for hacking, no matter if he did or not, they should say "You got banned for hacking".
    Not jump back and forth between terms for 3 weeks trying to confuse guy with the ticket and hoping he will quit/he is a pushover as you are clearly showing "we are wasting your time & scr*w you" in the most polite way possible.

Again, all the "term usage by support" info game from SOE side, it does not mean pro7 support usages terms in the same way.
    I don't know how they do, because they have ignored all the questions about term usage from the get go.

That's where all the confuse came from.

By now i have offered to upload any game file from logs to even registry info to them, even the whole ~21 GB if needed (I still have original client -> i added a new HDD with new clean client for now, if i ever need to log on for managing events again).
    No matter if i get unbanned or not (i have stated loads of times, i'm already inactive from the game), i just want to know the reason behind the ban.
    As the best guess currently is a corrupted game file. If it was that, they should be able to test it out via my provided files.
    And if it was corrupted files, it would be good enough answer to me, and i could leave this incident behind me peacefully (i'm very likely never to play any SoE game that is being run by pro7, but i would hunt try to hunt them down with a pitchfork either).

But...the ticket about sending files has literally being open over a week now...
    I'm already waiting for another "You have been banned for *insert something here*, feel free to start over" message together with ignoring every single question included in the ticket.
  20. Captainsolo7 New Player

Aye it could be a corrupted file but that can come from the download source as well not just from your computer if there is a corrupt file, support must investigate that not to mention taking responsibilty for the banning of active players who were afflicted. The corrupt file may not come from just downloading the client either it could even be from those hot patches and silent patches they do all time.

Right now i don't have DCUO installed because I wiped off my computer but when I redownload it and play as soon as my ban is released I will know for sure and I will warn anyone I can b4 then
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.