I have been banned

Discussion in 'PC Account Support' started by Talve, Mar 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pew New Player

MMO 101:

Don't be running automation software (AHK, AutoIT, etc...), packet manipulation (Wireshark, Cain&Abel...) or process manipulation (crazy uses or WriteMemory, manip API or hooks) in the background at all. Especially when running on dev systems there can be lots of stuff that is detectable and can be used for malicious purposes. It is almost impossible to decide what you did with those tools (even if its just for your work or hobby), but it's easy to find out that you used them. If they detected you using AHK it will be very tough for you to prove it did not interact with the dcuo client in any way (and AHK uses hooks in ways you would use as well to do very malicious things). It does not matter if you only used it to do accents (which sounds very unlikely btw because locale switching is builtin to windows (default: alt+shift) and the need to use AHK for that are basically nonexistant). If you must run AHK or similar, make sure you run the game in windowed mode, because it uses much less aggressive invasive actions to access your input versus running it in exclusive fullscreen.

TL;DR: Make sure to run your games on clean systems or risk bans.

Sidestory: I once got banned in a game for accidently hooking up a remote debugger to a gameclient.
  2. Talve Dedicated Player

Difference between alt+shift and script is.
    When i do have to use my native language, i do not need to use keys like "{" and "]" that actively.
    When i need them, i'm usually scripting...which i do in English anyways. So in general, i do not need access to ÜÕÖÄ.

That's why i have used script over multiple keyboard layouts.
    It is easier to only switch between modes every now and then over every single time i need a letter and then back to have access to symbols.

My ban had nothing to do with any scripts running.
    To quote:
    "game was being played in a way that was outside of its programmed intention. No, this has nothing to do with the keyboard scripts."

Well...is't time issue for me in over 13 years of playing MMORPGs.
  3. Talve Dedicated Player

4. El El Committed Player

This is why ps3 is better lol its more reliable,we dont have these issues with scripts hacking.
  5. GFMN New Player

Sound familiar ? :D
    Below I will repost text from the topic i made on this forum after i was banned because my friends from the game told me that i don't expect too much help on p7 forum.
    Huge support from me and I hope some more people will join us and that we will find our justice soon.
  6. Smoke New Player

What a banned appeal form does it help you out
  7. GFMN New Player

As prosieBAN users we don't have such option . :)
    Since their detection system is 100% accurate, we have no chances:D
  8. Flemix Level 30

Let me add my name to the victims of this lacking system.
    It clearly in many cases cannot differentiate between random occurrences and intentional abuse.

People invests thousands of hours and build communities in there.
    That it can all be sacrificed to sloppy diagnostic is unacceptable if not revolting.

I already posted a more substantial account of my experience in this thread: https://forums.station.sony.com/dcu...ow-to-protect-my-account-from-banning.159007/
    • Like x 1
  9. GFMN New Player

Exactly.
    + Welcome to the club! :confused:
  10. TSR-AlexS Customer Service

Guys, as I said before, this is something that our team cannot assist you with. We sincerely do want to help, but this is something only Prosieben can assist you with. I have escalated your reports and feedback to the appropriate team. I will now be closing this thread.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.