I have been banned

Discussion in 'PC Account Support' started by Talve, Mar 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LadyLightning Issue Tracker Volunteer

Wow, that post made me speechless!
    • Like x 1
  2. details26 Committed Player

I hope you get justice for this. I don't know how you're so calm about this but i'd be raging if i got banned for no reason. And after asking 4-5 times with no response other than '' Hey we are busy shove off will ya'!''
  3. Weapon7 New Player

Ohh you, I can't believe you dared to undermine my villainous rep. Anyway, as I fully trust in you, I really hope this helps to get some answers soon and ofcourse, in case of an unjustified ban the suspension of it.

I haven't been commenting this issue so far, cause there isn't much to say, as some people might not believe you and for others, who know your way of playing in terms of fair and competitive, this is absolutly ridiclous.

I guess it's fair enough to say that you have your league as well as alot of players from the whole EU PC community backing you up.

Cheers
    -Weapon7
  4. Spidersting Committed Player

One thing i would try to get support to look into is the last few log ins and make sure your account wasn't hacked. Someone looking to ruin your rep could of hacked the account and just logged in with the intent to get you banned.
    • Like x 2
  5. Talve Dedicated Player

What are you talking about. From now on you are even feared more. Who know when you suddenly appear behind someone's door with an Ax...or dynamite, in game or outside :>.

There has been update,
    For their sake i would rather not openly discuss it yet though, at least until i get the next response. As some of the things which happened were disturbing.

Currently i sent them a nice long essay with 2069 words on 11832 characters, pictures and videos and i'm waiting for the response.
    If that fails, ill mention them your idea. Thanks.
    • Like x 4
  6. Humane Committed Player

A leaguemate of mine was just banned as well, and I know with a fair amount of certainty that he does not hack, and he hardly ever pvp's, but he does have horrible lag, to the extent that he can't raid with us on the weekends.
    They should at least explain without going into specific details what people are supposed to have done.
    Simply stating that someone has "hacked" is not acceptable.
  7. Spidersting Committed Player

Some previous websites that required user name and password log ins were hacked. A data base of these user names and passwords was compiled into a big list that was sold among hackers in the attempt to log into new games in hopes of players using those same user names and passwords.

These hackers set up programs to run through log in info to find out what and what doesn't work and once they find out it works they log in and can take your stuff. In the case of this game we don't have much for them to take but if there are a few out there just doing this to get some random hacking in on your account for a few hours of fun i wouldn't put it past them.

Thousands of players get nailed with this a day that play WoW. The other thing to avoid is logging into your accounts on computers you don't know. That includes forum access as well. I have a buddy who i know gets all kind of junk and viruses on his computer ( i usually have to fix it for him) so when i am there i make sure i never log into anything game related on his computer.

I am not saying this is what happens to everyone but it is possible.
    • Like x 1
  8. exil3d New Player

I thought today is April Fool's Day but i checked my calendar and i seen today is 28th march, so what is this?
    Talve is a fair and good player, everytime i palyed against him i didn't see nothing of cheating or bugabusing, so who cry against him probably need tutorial for dcuo's easiest pvp...
    The only thing i can think is this: some of ragers known some of admins otherwise i don't understand why they don't justify their decision..
    I was admin of ESL for 2 years, when i permabanned someone i give them a prove of that and didn't say open ticket as a response.
    ...sorry for my bad english...
    exil3d.

ps. gl talve <3
    ps2. why us players come to cry here?
    • Like x 1
  9. Ilunis Dedicated Player

Replying to this for one reason: I knew of the hacker Happy is referring to and I know of the rep it gave his league. It was ********. There is always some ******* in every league and the community, worldwide, needs to understand that harping on one league or the next is stupid. For example, I don't particularly like OP Scum due to chat long, long ago. However, when he got temp banned, I thought it was bs. I wish there was a way to get more information, but with so much wtfbbq that happens in this game, who knows anymore?
  10. Weapon7 New Player

nough said
    • Like x 7
  11. LadyLightning Issue Tracker Volunteer

Hey Talve,
    Did you try to ask for a lower ban? They can also ban people for several months or a year, which would be far less than permanently...
    But for that you need to know if it were your tactics in PvP which led to this so you can prevent further bans.

A friend of mine got a warning due to bug abuse but they didn't ban him because it was his first time and he might not have known it was a bug.

I hope they can confirm some of your assumptions on the reason of your ban and lower the ban. If this is your first ban, then forever is quite a long time for the first ban...
  12. Talve Dedicated Player

Ban being sort term or permanent does not make any difference too me.
    I have officially started playing GW2 and do not plan to come back, ever.

The thing with "avoiding bans in the future" is silly. As i got banned for "unfair advantage".
    To be completely safe, only way would be to not do literally anything, as who knows what they count as unfair, unless they tell us.
    Literally anything could be "unfair advantage".

By now this has everything to do with keeping everyone else safe, and find out for "what" i was banned for.
  13. Clutchmeister Loyal Player

That's strange, my post got deleted.....

Anyway, I am 100% sure of Talve's innocence. He is a fantastic player both in terms of skill and in attitude (something I could learn from greatly). He didn't only spend his time in the game getting better but also helping others and trying to improve their experience through making them better players. He was one of the only players to not only match my skill in legends but possibly even surpass it, and it's a shame to see one of the very few people capable of providing me and my team mate with difficult, incredibly fun games be banned for absolutely no reason.

I hope this is sorted even if Talve is not planning on playing again, not just for his sake but for the sake of fair play. It would really be a shame for someone who has supported the game for so long to be banned due to a mistake or poor judgement on a report made by an angry player.

Will miss seeing you around mate, thanks for the several games we played on BC. Hope everything works out in the end.
    • Like x 2
  14. MightyFear New Player

I must have played with talve like 1k hours in pvp, and we got used of from time to time getting people accusing us of some sort of hacking and that they would report us just because they couldnt win. Once when i was newbie in game also accused many people, then I realised i had much to learn about the game.
    Talve is just an genious pvp healer, I learned alot with him, he made me get alot more interested in pvp, and never in the so long hours i played with him i saw anything unusual.
    Smokebreak league is proud of saying that they are fair players that try socialize with the game comunity, already organized world events that was really well taken by enourmous amount of people, and we care alot about our reputation; and on its rules its forbidden bug abuses, and someone hacking wouldnt be accepted, and sense all players understand game mechanics, if there was someone doing something wierd, it would be taken actions about it.
    Talve was our main pvp healer, thanks to his greatness and people know this, so i wouldnt be surprised if someone did some serious work to make something like this hapen.
    Like was said, smokebreak has alot of videos on youtube of how we play (talve has several and all about pvp agasint really good leagues), was never an secreat, if we are good (not talking about myself, i got taged along :)) we always tryed share our game experience to all players interested.

Another note, is the fact that luckely i only had to send ticket to prosieben support once (doesnt matter what was it), and 1st took me like 1 week to finally send sense it wasnt working on the website, and got an vague answear that didint helped me on anything, luckly wasnt an error of the game, managed to fix it and didint had to worry about it anymore. But was a bit frustating the support i got.

I hope see this fixed, Talve is big lost from game community, and being unfairely banned after so much time and money spent in game, it isnt for sure much fun

Greetings
    • Like x 1
  15. Kyashan8989 New Player

i realy dont understand that...Now GOOD AND FAIR Guys are Banned?
    The Prosieben Go Crazy?
    GM your work is ban The REAL Haker not The FAIR player like TALVE this ban for me have no sense
    I wanna see the log pls i cant belive thath,i played against him a lot of time in area PVP and im sure is not HAK and i can talk for exprience in game!
    And for me in game you can see very Easy if someone HACK or use CHEAT,i mean in pvp,so im sure of thath Talve Never Hack
  16. Talve Dedicated Player

Actually. Every single video is outdated, a lot. Neither did we never include actual TS voice over to the videos.
    Nothing from later on was released (as i had recording problems...which ironically are solved by now) and connection problems (which...you guessed it right...i solved...yesterday).
    Although anyone who PM-d me with questions got as detailed private guide as they wanted.

Now i'm going to surprise you.
    Main thing i miss...is my lair...
    Yes, i'm a disgrace.
    I have always been "PvE nub" in my heart.
    • Like x 1
  17. djluxi New Player

Not accusing you as i dont know you or your league, but i know companies dont jus permaban people for no reason and permabans dont just happen over night. If this was a one week ban the yes it could have been a minor mistake but permaban requires something major. They are losing major money from it so they will not be taking this actions so lightly.

And you said they told you they have given you warrnings, so why not act according to them. If you get a warning and you know what it is for, you should stop doing whatherevr got you a warning if not you should contact support and ask what got you that warning, but defenitely not wait for the permaban.

Plus you said you know pretty much all the glitches and exploits in the game, well even if not using them regularly, but just trying to recreate them on a dummy is hacking, sharing this information with league members even more so.

And finally, and again not accusing anyone in particular (no person or league), but its funny how in all the games i have ever played all the best leagues/guilds etc knew about all the bugs/glitches/other abuses, they even went well out of the way to find new ones but they were always so damn honorable that the moment they found it, they never used in their advantage. Never really bought into that story.

Anyway good luck and if this is a bad misunderstanding i hope you clear it up fast and get a ton of ingame goodies from pro7.
    • Like x 1
  18. Itazuki New Player

Is that what they told you? That you were using unfair advantages?

If so that sounds a lot like using exploits to one-up people. E.G. glitches.

Which could be a reason for ban.
  19. Talve Dedicated Player

Please, please quote the place where i said anything about getting a warning.
    No, there was no warning. Instant permaban...
    And therefore they have changed the reason in past couple of weeks more often than i have changed my socks.
    It was went from cheating to hacking to cheating to in game abuse to hacking...back to cheating. That is not confusing at all...

1. There is a huge difference between cheating and hacking. So if they say from the latest note i have been banned for hacking and all i have done is testing in game, then it is not confusing at all. Is it? (Cheating is universal word, usually used as "you gained some kind a unfair advantage". To make it confusing, some people strait forward use cheating to describe everything. Hacking is full on code modification and 3rd party program usage. So if they say cheat, it still may mean hack. If they say hack, it can only mean hack).
    2. No, i'm not using them even even non-regularly.
    Once i hear about something or find something out, i try to recreate the situation.
    If it is something new, i report it as a ticket (and get that lovely copy pasted "we send it to developer team" response).
    It if it is not, it is probably old and no point of sending a ticket.
    This is how things get fixed (in theory). If no one would do that, those bugs would never get fixed either.
    3. Who talked about me sharing any information about glitches with any of my leaguemates? Why are you accusing me in actions without any proof or knowledge abut the situation.

Ok, please explain this. I already talked about this on the second thread.

I created a new account to finish organizing (if i ever needed to be online for this) and to spectate the PvP tournament smokebreak was planning.

All i did on that one was literally leveling character to 5 and then sat in HOD.
    And the same GM permabanned my new account.
    Account what was couple of days old.
    Account who i just leveled to 5 (Circe side) and who i used to talk to my leaguemates for about an hour.

No warning, nothing. Instant permaban with the same message Talve got: "you cheated" & "here is the whole code of conduct".

Why so called "top leagues" manage to find a lot of glitches is because the amount of testing a lot of good players but into the games they play.
    Most of the time testing is not done to find any glitches. Testing is done to find optimal and effective cookie cutter builds and ways to use game mechanics to your advantage.
    Glitches or broken stuff which comes out of it is most of the times the side product.

When glitches are found there are 2 kinds of people.
    1 who are so desperate to win that they start abusing those.
    And 2 who report those, because they do not want people abusing them when someone else releases them to open (people who are actually looking for competitive scene).

No, everything is not black and white.
    I have had experiences myself, where a lot of so called "top leagues", after official game servers went down, admitted to using glitches and hacks.
    Now coming to this, in the past 13 years in MMOs i have also has a lot of experiences where GM's have abused their power.
    Strait forward example, how in open world PvP game a GM who was friend of one of the leagues permabanned half of their opponents league (because 2 leagues were at war and hes friendly league was losing it).

In anything that involves humans or computers, there are mistakes, power abuse and corruption of files.
    And when you say
    GM's are human after all.
    It's not like anyone in history of mankind has ever went through the criminal justice system and got thrown into jail when being innocent.
    As "they don't take it lightly" in the court. Oh, wait...

GM's are losing nothing. Company is losing.
    GM's are just your average workers...and they are pretty much paid to be "yelled at their face by angry customers". Nothing that can go wrong here, right...
    Also, as a sidenote: A lot of GM's from pro7 are actual players from the game.
    Not like anything can go wrong here...

But with the incident of my new account being banned same way like last one ( and all it took was ~half a week (since i created it) and ~5 hours of online time in total)

Either someone really hates me (i used this account to send tickets about the old one / name was Inactive Talve so people knew who i was).
    Or files in my DCUO folder have been suddenly somehow been corrupted into state that looks like a hack.
    Never worked on the field, so i do not know how likely it is and what is being looked for by automated tools.
    But something is really fishy here.
    Or it is still the lunge they are counting as speedhack
    and they used the same video i created for them on that account to ask "if you can be banned for this?" as a video proof.

2 out of 3 means i got strait forward **cked over.
    1 out of 3 means i'm **ed either way.
    It's not like any of the GM's had time to test it out (For me to create a new character, level it to 5 again in the same way and to see if i'm labeled as hacker by automated tools).
    They have strait forward ignored my every question since the ban, no matter if it was strait forward hack related or not.
    So likelihood of a test like that is...
    well lets just say my chances with Mila Kunis are way better.

It started up with "permaban for cheating",
    then it switched to "you were hacking",
    then it went back to "cheating",
    then it was, let me quote "This has everything to do with having an unfair advantage in the game",
    which next day turned into let me quote "as you are already aware you are permanently banned for Hacking".

So as they have used the word "hack" it has to be hack related. As cheating can mean hacking, hacking can't mean glitch abuse.
    At least that the logic and also what i got confirmed by SOE support (who of course said pro7 is separated, so their support can do things different).
    Would love to know pro7 supports perspective, but they have been ignoring every single question like that strait forward ever since the ban and keep strait forward singing me a sing of "your permabanned".
    • Like x 1
  20. djluxi New Player

Dude dont get so defensive imediately, i didnt accuse you of anything and stated that at the beginning of my post. I was just simply posting my opinion as on what could have been a reason and that there IS a reason. You might not agree with it, they might not be good at giving it to you, but usually there is a reason.

I dont believe that GMs just go around banning people on personal notes, i guarantee you that a GM like that would not keep his job for long. He would be lucky to get a warning but the second time his superior sees something like that, he is out. And you are wrong when you say GMs dont lose anything when a subscription is lost. They get paid from those subscriptions and with every player lost they are closer to losing their job either to too low population or ultimately closed game.

So again i dont believe it is some personal vendetta against you,but if you do, maybe you should try taking it to some higher soe figures.

As far as top leagues comment i made goes... i never said this was your league, just simply said that in all mmos i have ever played the top leagues knew all the glitches but all claimed to never use them... kinda like politics... they know about the holes in the law and economy but they always act honorably. I just dont believe it... not saying everyone is glitching and hacking, but i also cant believe noone is. Its kinda like that proverb... "everyone is innocent in the prison".

Anyway, good luck again, be it with solving this or in other games.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.