GU32: Sorcery update feedback

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by drenz, Dec 2, 2013.

1. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

Fine you named the 2 powersets that don't. See where I said "Almost"... even Celestial's optimal setup uses PD....
  2. Certainlogic New Player

I'm trying to get them to increase Sorcery to compete against HL/Gadgets without Phase Dodge (PD). That way they can fix the other powers to do so too, eventually. Stop settling for PD. When they eventually nerf it, you know it will happen, your damage will drop dramatically.
  3. Tharkis The Pretty Kitty Princess

I for one would be more than happy to see not only phasedodge but all "combat consumables" nerfed so that they dont clip. Playing the game should be about skill, not about who can macro the most powers clipped together in the shortest time by exploiting a movement mode power and karmic hex / shock / whatever consumables.

Then powers could be balanced properly for damage without worrying about clip-mania macros.
    • Like x 4
  4. Certainlogic New Player

With the amount of PvP whiners going on about PD and consumables, it will happen eventually.

I agree with you on that. If they nerfed those things, then they could properly balance the powers. Instead of nerfing the power/weapon of the month.
  5. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

I think it is pretty clear PD and consumables need a nerf. The DPS'ing metagame seems to be focused primarily around using these two methods. It is overcentralization if I ever saw it. When a special trick unique to a movement mode becomes the only way to keep up for Maximum damage there is a problem.
    • Like x 1
  6. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

What's wrong with a more advanced option.

I do think it'd be cool if they had an iconics phase dodge, as I hate the push to go SS.

I don't do these things. My league doesn't do these things. We Don't use 3 trollers and don't have the power for PD usage for the DPS. And We simply don't feel the need to spend a ton on consumables, we'll use them, but we're more likely to use the Shock grenade I think it is which is a range damage just to save power not a clipping consumable .

This idea that you NEED to play to that level is simply silly.

It's an option, some choose to take it.

It wasn't that long ago that the 3 troll idea was considered quite strange and unnecessary but lately it seems to be more and more the go to at least on Hero USPC. I personally don't like it. I feel that everyone can perform their job in such a way that the extra power is not needed and the extra dps or extra heals of the alternative is more beneficial. We even manage fine when we're down to a 1 troller situation. In those situations you can't use phase dodge... but we do perfectly fine.

If you want to go for the top damage you can possibly do, yes you're gonna have to jump through hoops, but that's how it is.There's always going to be a best option. There's always going to be something to eek out a little more damage. Phase dodge consumes a buttload of power and that makes it perfectly balanced. Consumables require you farm and make them. But neither are necessary.
    • Like x 1
  7. UMBRA Well-Known Player

I already made a thread in Arkham, but I think it is also appropriate to post this here too.

Since Game Update 32, characters have been randomly "dashing" forward while in combat.

After some testing I managed to accurately reproduce the bug.

You need to have the Flight movement type, Sorcery as power and Weapon of Destiny in your loadout.

1) Place camera behind you.
    2) Activate flight mode.
    3) Cast Weapon of Destiny.
    4) While the casting animation is running press and hold "back" (down on a joystick, S or arrow down on a keyboard).

Normally, this would make your character cast WoD and after completing the casting animation turn towards the camera or walk backwards if you were targeting something. But instead of this, your character will move forward at a speed higher than the usual combat speed.

Of course, suddenly dashing towards a T5 raid boss is quite inconvenient.

I tested this with both: Keyboard and controller, USPC.

Note: If you reverse camera placement(place camera in front of you) and the pressed direction(press up instead of down), your character will dash towards the camera.

Thanks for reading ^_^
  8. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

It's not that phase dodge being the true issue. It is the fact that it is an option that not everyone has. I do not believe that your movement mode should dictate your DPS potential. That is what the issue is. It is also an option that requires 10 dollars if you are not a speedster. Either rework acro and flight to have something similar or take the clippability of PD away. It is an option but an unfair one.

It's like giving out 3 versions of a test for a class and one version has a formula sheet. Each test focuses on something that some students know better than others but at first glance no one knows that test three also comes with a formula sheet. Everyone picks the test with the content they are most familiar with but then the people with test 3 all shout "yes!" because they have the formulas to help them do better on the test and thus in the class. Now everyone else feels that they got shafted and the only way to get the formula sheet is to switch to test 3 but for a price. Now, if you were in this class would you not feel cheated by your professor? Wouldn't you feel that your professor put you in a situation that makes you want the same advantages as students with test 3? I know I would walk out the room and go straight to the dean to report it.
    • Like x 3
  9. Certainlogic New Player

Yep, either they fix Sorcery or give each movement mode a Phase Dodge like power. I doubt they would fix Sorcery to the point of being able to compete with HL/Gadgets. So a clip power like Phase Dodge would solve problems for a lot of other powers too.
  10. Karasawa Loyal Player

Sorcery has numerous clips right now; WoD, jump canceled invocation, even rejuv. And it's not like phase dodge is free to cast, it's something like 300 power. Everyone has access to consumables like karmic hexes which cost no power, clip just as well, and actually do a lot of damage.