GU32: Sorcery update feedback

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by drenz, Dec 2, 2013.

1. SuperNoob New Player

was testing Weapon of Destiny today and have come to the conclusion that it is just IMPOSSIBLE to mortar blast after casting WoD.
    of the 6 spells in my loadout ( WoD, condem, soul storm, shard, CoP, soul well) WoD is the only one that has this problem, my guy walks backwards and does a roll attack, not another mortar.

i would do:
    mortar
    mortar
    spell
    mortar

but with WoD i would get:
    mortar
    mortar
    WoD
    walk backwards
    Roll attack

I tried a few different methods to mortar after WoD, to no avail.
    With this spell only procing on multiple weapon attacks, you kinda need to be able to do a multi weapon attack after casting it.

and i just dont get why everyone is all ecstatic about them making WoD clipable, it took a quarter of a second to cast it in the first place.
    It doesnt clip a soul well. And now theyve broken it, yeah great...
  2. Karasawa Loyal Player

First of all, its great that WoD is clippable and it DOES clip soul well!

Second, the reason you can't do mortar is because there's a delay after using WoD where you can't start another attack immediately. You can move around while casting WoD but for some reason you can't attack right away.. this is why your character is walking backward when you're trying to do mortar. WoD let's you move but it won't let you attack. This does not seem intentional because transmutation, recharge from HL, and temporal extortion from quantum have the same exact animation yet they don't have this problem. Please fix!
    • Like x 3
  3. NorthernLad New Player

I don't know which move you're doing first, but you can certainly do Soul Well immediately clipped into Weapon of Destiny. I did it about 25 times last night. Are you trying to do this in the opposite order? Because, it doesn't really make sense to do WoD first and then Soul Well.
  4. Rejoicer1 Well-Known Player

Karmic backlash is still not doing any damage. BETTER FIX ASAP
  5. SuperNoob New Player

after further review, you CAN clip a soul well with WoD, I stand corrected.
  6. Certainlogic New Player

Nature got an amazing revamp.

We got this hotfix. Please at least buff the sorcery damage and heals a lot.

Sorcery can barely do any damage. Even with this hotfix.

Please make Sacrificial Offering use yellow aura and a heal over time.

Please make rejuvenate a 4 person heal.

Please get rid of the cast time for IoR. Please make it a HoT. Electric has that galvanize.

Instead of a revamp, we got a hotfix. So please buff sorcery a lot. It can't even compete with any other powers.
    • Like x 1
  7. Certainlogic New Player

Also please keep future pvp debuffs to pvp.
    • Like x 2
  8. Certainlogic New Player

The range on shared fate, or what ever it is called now, needs to be increased. It is too short to do anything.

Please fix the pets. Increase the health and defense and power. Please make Fury do damage.
    • Like x 2
  9. SirMuttonChops New Player

It's about the same range as Fear Gas, calm down. Yes, fix the pets, but what you're asking is too simple. They have a lot of mechanics that need revamping.

Please, stop asking that Sorcery become another power set. I made it more than compete with most power sets and took down many of the top pvp'ers as a Sorc healer. I went up against some of the top Nature and Electric healers in game and people could barely touch me.

A cast bar on IoR is fine if you know how to time heals properly. It's called a learning curve.

We have a 4-person heal and IoR is a group heal.

What load out do you use that makes you say Sorc doesn't do any damage?
    • Like x 3
  10. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

Agreed! Sorcery needs to stay unique. It is so great the way it is now (especially with updates, still needs work on pets) and trying to make it like electric, celestial, or nature is a disservice to the development team and the players. IMHO.
    • Like x 2
  11. Certainlogic New Player

Agreed that Sorcery doesn't need to copy another power set. But it does need to be able to compete. If you can come up with a way to compete against another power, please mention it. Being unique and useless doesn't help.

In PvE, where it counts, Sorcery can't keep up with Hard Light, Gadgets, and Quantum and probably the new Nature revamp. The DPS is till too low. The heals are way behind any other power.

Of course the pet mechanics will take a while. But remember the Fire "fix". With the short amount of time they spent on the Sorcery hotfix, I don't want them to just patch it and move on. I want them to take their time and develop a real revamp. But they crammed in so much stuff in this update, that Sorcery got a hotfix. So unless Sorcery can compete against another power, I'm going to ask for a buff or change to it. Again, if you can provide a better way to compete without having to copy another power, please mention it.
  12. Certainlogic New Player

Plus they are all ready announcing so many new DLCs and updates. Can you really tell me they are going to actually fix the pet situation and make sure Sorcery can compete against another power? And not just move on, like they did with Fire.
  13. Certainlogic New Player

Sirmuttonchops, also are you saying just because you can heal so well in PvP that you can heal paradox just as well. So doing well in PvP means you can solo heal Paradox just like Nature can. Not trying to target you. Just trying to clarify your logic.

Because to me PvP and PvE are completely different. Which is why I said to keep PvP nerfs to strictly PvP.

If you can solo heal Paradox just as well as any Nature healer can, please provide a video. I would love to know how to heal just as well as any Nature healer can(Not trying to sound sarcastic. My main toon is Sorcery with 167 SP and cr 101 with expert mods.). Nature all ready had 4 stack able HoT and they got an amazing revamp.

Are you saying this hotfix is good enough to do that?
  14. Hraesvelg Always Right

I wouldn't be surprised if Muttonchops could solo heal Paradox, but he's an outlier in terms of game knowledge, skill, and practice. I'm not trying to discount his opinion in any way, shape, or form...but it is rather like someone in a company softball league telling a MLB heavy hitter, "Oh yeah, prove it!" after he says he can hit a home run.
  15. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

Sorcs have solo healed EO runs.

On Live they have one drawback, when you have an AE hit everyone you are basically stuck either doing IoR (3s is a LONG time in this game) or rotating Rejuv and working off HoTs which again takes a while.

The ONLY things Sorc Needed was burst group healing, and a SC that was decent.

We got them. Trans is now MUCH better as you're not stationary. And Sac. Offering will work great, as it's basically admonish and admonish works great.

On top of that we got a second HoT with Life Shard. Transmute now can actually work as a combat heal (when they fix bad karma to work with it it'll be much more reasonable).

So IMO We got more than what was needed to make them a viable Healer.

Still need Transmute to work with Bad Karma, and I think 425 power is a bit much for Sac. Offering, it should probably be more down at like 325 making it comparable to Divine Light for Celestial (they play similar roles for both powersets).
    • Like x 5
  16. SirMuttonChops New Player

I just brought up PvP as an example. Yes, I can heal Paradox as a sorcery healer. So can many other players. The fact of the matter is that Sorcery, to be played at very intense levels, has a high learning curve. It doesn't really, but compared to Nature or Electricity, it does.

Like you said, Nature has all these DoT's and Sorcery doesn't. It's a lot easier to sit there and stack HoT's compared to having to cleverly set up your positioning so that you're not out of range of your Tank with any of your HoT's plus being able to time your heals because some of them have cast bars that require you to be predictive and not reactive. And predictive thought is easy if you know boss tells, if you have field awareness, if you are conscious of your surroundings and not just sitting there spamming heals.

This update for Sorcery is lacking a lot of very needed improvements, like changes to the pets in the Summoning tree, increases to damage out numbers, increased range on certain powers, fixing the PI's in the different trees, things that have to deal with the mechanics is basically what I'm pointing out. But as a whole, sorcery can now hold its own if played properly.
    • Like x 2
  17. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

Lots of what we were lacking has been addressed IMO.
    Really the last two pieces are getting bad karma to work instead of RSA
    And then Pet revamps

I already have many ideas on how to make sorc work very well.

Healing:
    PVE: SO being the big addition, just exactly what was needed.
    PVP: Transmute looks promising once they get it working with Bad Karma

DPS
    PVE: Transmute, Life Shard, Vengeance, and Clipping WOD... should be satisfactory changes
    PVP: Soulstorm.... people will underestimate it, but I think it has potential with the hand mod. Then as a MA user myself. I just see hitting people with soulstorm, gettting them to block out of the stuns, hititng them with MA hold then doing the second hold and clipping it with Veng or something and then clip that with WoD which will activate a few times from the SHurukin Storm I clipped. It's gonna be interesting for sure.
    • Like x 3
  18. SirMuttonChops New Player

Definitely. Although I'm not a big fan of Vengeance myself, I see a lot of potential in Transmutation and Life Shard. If the PI's are applied properly and start working the way they are really supposed to, you're going to start seeing a lot more numbers off of Sorc than you do with most power sets. It'll definitely be a new game for Sorc DPS.

As for healers, I think if a player knows the mechanics, it'll jsut turn into a positioning game from this point on.

I'm just REALLY waiting for the Pet revamp. I know PI's are more of a glitch/mechanics issue to resolve rather than a "revamp," so that will mostly jsut see the benefits we expect to start happening. The Pets, however, I want to see what is done! I hope they become useful again!

And I guess the only thing I would've liked to see "change" is polymorph (to be able to be an effective PI) have an animation similar to Circe's Bestiamorph, where it's just an animal's head on the person, but include all the regular changes you would have to the loadout/transformation of the person. This would resolve the lag issue from PS3 and let us keep Polymorph as an effective PI in combat.
    • Like x 2
  19. Karasawa Loyal Player

Just google DCUO sorcery epic odyssey and you'll see multiple videos of solo sorc healers in pw. Yes, it requires more work than nature but after this update sorc will have 3 stackable dots, an instant 4 man heal, and finally a decent healing supercharge. That's more than enough to compete in healing.

As for pvp affecting pve, where exactly has that happened with sorc? The only thing I can possibly think of is you stun and ground players instead of polymorphing them to avoid form change lag on ps3. But that ONLY affects pvp and has no effect on pve.

In regards to your other posts, shared fate has the same range as tectonic break and albucierre wave which are also PI applicators. You won't even use shared fate because shard will apply AE bad karma from max range anyways. The dps after this update will be fine. Compared to quantum, CoD is a stronger dot than gravity well and transmutation/vengeance should have damage on par with singularity/gravity bomb.

I think your perception of sorcery as weak is preventing you from being objective about its improvements.
    • Like x 5
  20. Karasawa Loyal Player

Oh and this really needs to happen. Not sure if SO is still giving power back to pets, but even then 425 is pretty steep when admonish and divine light heal more for less power.
    • Like x 1