GU32: Sorcery update feedback

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by drenz, Dec 2, 2013.

1. drenz Developer

Please post all Sorcery feedback in this thread so we can have it all consolidated in one place.

Have fun out there!
    Drenz
  2. BadJade New Player

Am giddy like a justin beiber fan at his concert.. been waiting for sorc revamp since...forever.. would probably swap back just due to the change to IoR alone..
    • Like x 3
  3. Magical Reset Committed Player

Invocation of Renewal starts healing instantly so if you jump cancel out of it, it doesn't lock out the skill for 5 seconds anymore. This means that I don't have to bring Sacrificial Offering to clip. Shard of Fate seems like a nice HoT that also stuns target.

Personally, I foresee myself going with Invocation + Shard for T5 for the raid healing. Sacrificial Offering + Watcher for lazy healing.

On a less than happy note, DPS mode still feels poopy. o_O
    • Like x 2
  4. Magical Reset Committed Player

Sacrificial Offering doesn't seem to block any damage, nor does the tooltip indicate that it actually blocks any damage while you have red soul aura. It does seem to consume red soul aura. Not sure if that's a bug or not.
    • Like x 1
  5. Sytenia Committed Player

I only tested sorcery now for a short time but I was unable to find a way to get a red soul aura without actually killing an enemy. The red soul aura is now a nice PI to increase the damage of some powers but you won't be able to get it unless something dies which. I think this can be a problem if you want to rely on it a bit, think boss fights with no smaller enemies to kill during the fight.
  6. vikteren Well-Known Player

which was why the consensus was to either give us another method of getting it or removing it all together. They took option 3.
    • Like x 1
  7. Zhouz Well-Known Player

Invocation of Renewal is now a 50% multiplier instead of the previous 60%. It is bad enough that you couldn't be bothered to add a damage component to a channeled power in dps role, what exactly is the point of lowering the multiplier and leaving Sorc completely without a 60%?

I mean, I get it that since it does heals right away it grants the multi right away, and having 60 right away would be bad... but why tweak the multiplier that only affects dps role but not make this move do some...damage?

[BUG] Weapon of Destiny is supposed to clip everything now that is beneficial, but it is refusing to clip invocation of renewal or soul storm
    • Like x 5
  8. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

Invocation and Soul Storm are not clippable with any powers, you have to jump them to cancel it to reset yourself. That's how all channeled powers are.
  9. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

DPS changes look GREAT, whether GREAT will be enough to put them up to par will be seen, but there are some very nice changes. Soul Storm for instance, I don't see using it in PVE as the DPS will still be low, but it's a nice fast multiple hit animation, I could see pairing that with the Hand mod in PVP.

WoD clipping = huge win. Instead of being it's own addition animation it's basically a free cast as far as time is concerned as long as you pair it with something of equal or greater animation time.

Vengeance = win. Really great change there.

Transmute while not as cool as it was before, I can see uses.

That's all I've really looked at so far, but i'm sure it'll be a nice upgrade, but sorc really really needed it so will it be enough? maybe.
  10. Remander Steadfast Player

I like the addition of increased heals to those below 35% health, as well.
  11. Remander Steadfast Player

They jazzed up GSA. Shard actually is quick, drops from above, and does decent damage. Soul Storm isn't bad either.
  12. Magical Reset Committed Player

It's nice that you can jump cancel those and clip into another power.
  13. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

I am having fun with the changes but i would like to see the weapons of destinay vfx persists on the hands for the duration of the move like othe similar powers. I.E Fiery Weapon, Ice Bash, and Rumble Crush.
  14. Magical Reset Committed Player

Shard has a 1 second delay from cast to hit. It's also really doesn't serve that much of a purpose other than a smaller complement to CoP.

Still doesn't have enough group burst, guess we'll have to keep up the constant HoTs.
  15. Horrorshow New Player

Are they going to fix the pets?
    • Like x 8
  16. Primordia_Vox Well-Known Player

Shard is pretty good so far, I like that the stuns are AOE instead of single target. It could help with keeping some adds down just half a second and still provide the tank with some HOT.

My big complaint is that my loadout is still not going to change much. It just gives my free slot more options than watcher. The additional ticks with IoR helps make it more useful to me, but we'll see.
    • Like x 1
  17. Magical Reset Committed Player

It seems like they want us to stack the HoTs instead of giving us any instant group burst.
    • Like x 2
  18. Remander Steadfast Player

Was just testing with a leaguemate. IoR gives double heals to anyone below 35% health. Pretty nice. Shard and Soul Storm are both looking like viable DPS moves now. Shard, while having a delay, is definitely quicker (and easier) than when it was Life Element.
    • Like x 1
  19. BRITTENY Dedicated Player

When an enemy steps outside of the Circle of Distruction, they no longer taking damage. Is this intended or can this be updated to work like Wintry Tempest and Inferno?
    • Like x 2
  20. KillTheSilence New Player

The damage on sorcery is still pretty meager compared to the likes of ice and celestial.

1) Karmic backlash still does crappy damage and splits heavily now.
    2) The procs on weapon of destiny do not proc on powers like intimidation or menace. (The procs are much smaller than menace and int)
    3) Guardian/Fury should be merged into one power. Fury is about as useful as Guardian. Merge the powers.
    4) Soul storms damage is still WAY too low.
    5) Circle of destruction's damage is still too low the damage splits heavily still.
    6) Polymorph is a useless PI and should be removed. Replace the polymorph supercharge with something that's actually useful.
    7) Please remove the stationary position Transcendence has. Make it more like regeneration or inviroation. Give a 5-6 seconds of damage mitigation like consecrated ground's 75% mitigation.
    8) The DoT from Soul Well should be increased significantly.
    9) Transmute is still not very practical. The only time this power would be useful is when there are a tremendous amount of ads. After that the usefulness wears off.
    10) Heals from hitting other players with bad karma applied are still really low. Celestial's malediction to benediction allows for 1:1 damage->heals. Heals from hitting players with bad karma should either be buffed significantly or major changes should be made to how malediction to benediction acts.
    11) Soul Syphon (formerly shared fate) should act more like electroburst in PvP. If there are players with bad karma, Soul Syphon should proc for a heal for each person with bad karma.
    12) Codemn's DoT is really really low. Buff. And what are you really condemning? Try changing this power by causing the target's powers to cost 25% - 50% more while adding burst damage or better damage over time.
    13) Arbiter of Destiny is fine for PvE. In PvP, it has lost it's appeal. I suggest returning the duration of time Arbiter of Destiny is allowed in arenas while increasing the cooldown on every power so power spam is no longer an issue with Arbiter of Destiny. Tax power cooldowns by 50%.
    14) The watcher still dies too easily while in PvP. Please buff the health for it.
    15) Please make sacrificial offering more like cross pollination.
    • Like x 19