GU32: Sorcery update feedback

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by drenz, Dec 2, 2013.

1. Certainlogic New Player

Vengeance cast time is still too long.

Condemn still has a long cast time.

Karmic Backlash is still broken. It doesn't do damage at all. It doesn't apply BK either.

The overall direction it is going is great but Sorcery is still unable have fast rotation without Phase Dodge. Not everyone is Speed.
  2. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

Offering is Mid range, just a fyi. It would be nice to have it bigger, but it's still good /shrug.
  3. Karasawa Loyal Player

Anyone got base damage numbers on transmutation, wrath, vengeance, etc? I'm out of town and can't test :(
  4. Certainlogic New Player

Thanks letting us know the range. That's better than before the change. But still mid range doesn't help in T5 raids where everyone spreads out. Please increase the range.
  5. SirMuttonChops New Player

I gotta tell you, a lot of the power sets that are up there are up there BECAUSE of Phase Dodge and consumables when they do all that damage.

You're honestly just evening out the playing field.

I am now angry and disappointed. Transmutation's ranged was fixed, which was fine, but it's damage was significantly reduced from what it was doing before the last patch. And even with the PI going, it doesn't hit as hard. The worst part is that it splits ridiculously.

It was really going to be the best DPS power that Sorc had, and it was going to bring it on par with a lot of the top DPS powers in the game. But now it's nerfed to crap and I doubt it would even hit as hard as Fire's Spontaneous Combustion.

I can't state enough how great this was as it was really the only DPS power going for Sorc that was a ranged AoE.

It's now terrible.
    • Like x 3
  6. Certainlogic New Player

Please change the powers that grant auras to always give yellow in healer role and red in damage. Still see a lot of powers that still only grant red. RSA is useless to a healer. YSA is useless to a DPS.

Please reduce the cast times more. Please buff the damage. Sorcery still doesn't have a fast and powerful rotation.

Phase Dodge shouldn't be needed to DPS. Not everyone is speed.

Please do something about grand summoning.
  7. Certainlogic New Player

Also, please change SW (aka Soul Well) to use souls to buff it. I mean by increasing it's HoT when something dies near it. That would make it more useful than just simple burst of health.
  8. Clutch Committed Player

Yeah that's true, but I feel like sorc suffers the most without it by far.
  9. Certainlogic New Player

Wrath and Vengeance Polymorph SC should increase the damage from CoD. Not sure if it is right now. You won't be able to polymorph a boss. They should instead put a damage aura on the target and increase the damage of CoD and when hit, tick off damage.
  10. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

Transmute is hitting as hard if not a hair harder than Psychic Shock/Gauss Grenade, with full range. Of course Gauss is faster, but Psychic is Slower
    • Like x 1
  11. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

With 2059 base might and the neck mod on.

I was just going through what i'd probably use as a setup.

CoD, WoD, OPEN, Shard of LIfe, Transmute, Soul Well.

There's so many ticks of yellow that it's jsut a wall of numbers :D
    CoD double ticking, WoD ticks, Shard Ticks, Soul Well ticks. Lots of passive damage ticking away, with big hits of like 450-600 from Transmutation, and like 250-350ish for Shard of Life initial and 80-100 for the 4 ticks. 250-300 for WOD, CoD doing 110ish and 60 for the double tick. and then Soul Well about 50 damage.

Really doesn't look bad at all to me.
    • Like x 3
  12. Player X New Player

As a DPS i do not like the idea of getting YSA, like when hitting Veng on an opponent with BK
  13. Certainlogic New Player

They still got to change the RSA. You still have to kill stuff to get RSA. In a Boss fight, there usually aren't any minions to kill.

SW and BoS (aka Boon of Soul) should activate YSA when in healer role.

The Watcher should activate YSA in healer role.

They should just change it so that healer role always gives YSA and damage role always gives RSA.
    • Like x 1
  14. Superskull85 Devoted Player

Well you could simply use Bad Karma if you want range. Soul Siphon is now a prime use for Bad Karma as it had its ranged increased to max like most other pulls but hits multiple targets.
    • Like x 1
  15. Horrorshow New Player

I thought they said bad karma would use RSA? ;/ Did they decide to change that idea? If that is so the problem with RSA still remains.
  16. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

Transmute is working with Bad Karma, I haven't tested the others yet though.

So RSA is kinda useless unless there's another reason for it that i'm forgetting.
  17. Certainlogic New Player

They did change PI with RSA powers to use BK. It would be useful have RSA and allow BK powers to interact with RSA. It would open up some options.

Has anyone heard anything about fixing the pets yet? Or grand summoning? Grand Summoning is so useless.

I hope they change it to healer role only gives YSA and dps give RSA. That would help a lot.
  18. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

I agree. It's too cool looking to get rid of but useless at the same time. I think it should be re made into a self buff or something.
    • Like x 1
  19. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

That's what I was thinkiong, I wouldn't turn down a little something added to it to make it something we want still.
  20. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

Posting this for someone who can't post here:
    • Like x 2