GU32: Sorcery update feedback

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by drenz, Dec 2, 2013.

1. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

I have been waiting for a video like this as I am by no means a sorcery aficionado. I like to stay in my tank power bubble lol.
  2. Horrorshow New Player

They said in a future update they are going to fix pets and their appearance.
    • Like x 2
  3. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

Indeed. This might be months away since drenz said that the pets were in the art department and if what they said during the sneak peek of the DLC is any indication, they started working on the art work for that in March. O.O So who knows how long this update is going to take (probably not as long as the DLC since pets are not nearly as important as the art of a whole new area). Maybe the updated graphics will come out with the DLC?
  4. Certainlogic New Player

I'm not too worried about the art change. I'm just glad they are fixing the pets to be useful.

They should really change the RSA and YSA being to damage and healer role. No reason to have RSA in healer role.
    • Like x 1
  5. SirMuttonChops New Player

I had Final Ruin in your open slot. It was basically the load out I had posted earlier.

You can take advice from this guy and run Phase Dodge. This is definitely a load out I think will do the top damage for Sorc, but solely because of Phase Dodge. If that ever gets nerfed, this entire load out would be terrible.
  6. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

Final Ruin is always a good option.
    Also though Soul Siphon for AE Bad karma application.
    Boon of Souls for the shield.
    Pet when it gets revamped to be usefull?

But yeah that's kinda my undecided rest I'm pretty sure on:)
    • Like x 1
  7. Horrorshow New Player

Well, after reading a recent tweet by Jens I have a feeling it may be sooner than we think. There was a hashtag #DCUOPETS. This leaves me to believe that something interesting is going to happen soon with pets.
    • Like x 2
  8. SirMuttonChops New Player

I would actually replace Soul Well if the Pet got a decent enough buff.

Soul Siphon is fine, but I would use Shard for that AoE BK application. Boon could be used as a shield and a clip, but I'd like an offensive power more than a clipping power. We'll see how it goes after the pet update and when it hits live.
  9. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

Are you sure Shard of Life applies Bk? don't see it on the note and pretty sure it isn't, maybe I'm mistaken though.
  10. Karasawa Loyal Player

Drenz said shard would apply bad karma earlier in the thread but they may have changed their mind now that shared fate is buffed.
  11. SirMuttonChops New Player

I tested it over and over and it had been applying it but it's not anymore. Dang.
  12. NorthernLad New Player

I don't believe Shard applies bad karma, it does extra damage with bad karma.
  13. Clutch Committed Player

I thought Shard was supposed to apply BK too. It really should.
    • Like x 3
  14. Certainlogic New Player

Shard is suppose to apply it. But they did fix the level and sp problem from yesterday. So that probably caused another bug.

Karmic Backlash is still broken.
  15. Certainlogic New Player

Please shorten the cast time on Weapon of Destiny.
    • Like x 5
  16. Curvy Scurvy New Player

I don't disagree with you, but if you're going to say something like "No disrespect" then it's better to leave your weighty opinion without pointing out that person's personal short comings. It just makes you look somewhat hypocritical and petty. No offense ;) <3
  17. Certainlogic New Player

Sorcery DPS is still too slow to keep up with the other powers. You need phase dodge just to level it out.

Are they still fixing Sorcery or are they giving up?

The only way to compete with the best, is to use phase dodge. Speed is useless except for phase dodge and speed drain. No other movement mode has anything like phase dodge.
  18. Th3One Well-Known Player

So in order to be a good sorcery dps we have to be super speed and get phase dodge to clip with the loadouts
  19. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

Not anymore than most other powersets :). To optimize almost every powerset involves PD.
  20. Certainlogic New Player

Gadgets and HL doesn't use Phase Dodge.