Dev Discussion Episode 21: Prison Break 8-player Operation feedback

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by TLantern, Feb 4, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BRITTENY Dedicated Player

Thank you! We thought we were going crazy trying to figure out how to remove this debuff. Thank you for the info :)
    • Like x 1
  2. TKMcClone Steadfast Player

What's the deal with the Ropes / switches in the Grodd fight?
    They don't seem to be all that useful or have any message (text) as to their reason to 'hit the switch'.
    • Like x 1
  3. Gamma Lantern Committed Player

lol labyrinth and A&B....you're joking right? Those raids were easy day 1 spam fests......more like Nex and Dox the first week of release....even Throne Elite after they fixed the Quantum glitch.....those were real raids
  4. Kayla El Committed Player

Is there a reason why collections don't respawn in nowadays raids anymore? Thank you!
  5. drkhrt1 Well-Known Player

Can we get an estimated time on the hotfix for fix to Sunder Strike and having skull appear on the 360 laser spin attack?
  6. Rokyn Dedicated Player

This was exactly what as happening to me. As a blocking Earth tank, the 3rd strike was lowering my health down to 20% to 10% and if I didn't get heals after that, I was pretty much done. Thanks for the confirmation on the mechanic.
  7. TheDarknessWithin Loyal Player

I've completed every single raid in the monthly content day one and multiple times. A&B and Laby were just examples, but I know that many groups I was in continuously failed, no matter how good they were. So no, not joking.

Plus I'm comparing other easy class raids to PB. Dox, Nexus and ToD were not novice class to start with so can't compare.
    • Like x 1
  8. Snix Dedicated Player

I was worried that I couldn't tank Dr. Light in Elite as an Atomic Tank. It's a huge relief that Sunder Strike is a mechanic rather than a straight up one shot.

Hopefully we'll get that hotfix soon. Thanks for explaining TLantern.
    • Like x 1
  9. Aqua Surge Loyal Player

No wonder I didn't get credit for the no death feat. So if a group member dies it doesn't count. I wish it was just us not dying but oh well, I'll get it eventually. It's not going to happen atm.
  10. TestReporter Loyal Player

Looking at the other raids in the monthly content, PB is not bad at all, in terms of difficulty ( the raid itself is meh, i don't like having all that things to do before the 1st boss, then having 3 bosses in a row), while the normal version is really easy, the elite version is challenging enough to have Grodd unbeatable by pugs and some bad players.
  11. TheDarknessWithin Loyal Player

I really love PB because it's fresh and a new story and environment. Elements I don't like in PB are because it's one of the easiest monthly raids I've played, and just another repay farm, then if you want the challenge, your going to have to reset Elite allot more times. So many people were already cr155, 156 when I logged in a few hours after on the same day PB came out, very sad. I won't dispute Elite isn't hard, but it's nowhere near ToD or HH quality, but it was inevitable.
    • Like x 1
  12. Ichiro Loyal Player

Not a big fan of the sunder strike mechanic. Even when it is fixed the majority of the population won't ever understand this and will just assume the tank is squishy. Why try and force 2 tanks. You know the majority of the population runs 5-1-1-1 and finding that one role is hard enough. A stealth mechanic that can't be avoided and it is not readily apparent that 2 tanks are needed will be misinterpreted by the majority of players. Hell there are people in the 150 Cr that don't now how to get their powers back in UM at second boss.

Also the adds on second boss need to be more controllable. What is the point in separating them from the boss on different sides of the room if they are going to take off and run to the other side and be immune to pulls. With my dom I should be able to pull them out of their shoes. Instead I look like a weak tank that can't pull and can't keep aggro on three low level adds. I get scripted moves on bosses. On the adds that we are supposed to separate

Since this raid has so many stealth mechanics to one shot a tank I decided that I will only be a dps for this raid. Let some other tank take the abuse
    • Like x 1
  13. TestReporter Loyal Player

The only boss thats a problem to tank is Doctor Light, but i think he will be easily doable without a tank after the hotfix, Grodd adds are just fine for me, i solo the entire fight without any problems, i don't see 2 tanks needed for that fight, 5-1-1-1 is just fine if your group know what to do, all elite raids should be like this and need 2 or 3 tanks.
  14. Eternal Flame Active Player

Cmon now, strykers is not a new environment. Its the same map from the alert turned into a raid. Also imo it isnt fresh when its reused maps with reused bosses. But i will agree its not a bad raid. Imo normal is a little too easy. Its a 15-20min raid on day 1. That disappoints me even tho i have fun running it. I will say i love the debuff stacking in elite. The other big mmos out there have been doing this for years. Took awhile but at least dcuo is catching up.

Plus i know people have done elite 6-1--1 for last boss and 5-1-1-1 for the whole raid. Ive done 5-1-1-1. But to me it looks like the last boss is designed for 2-2-2-2 because of the debuff stack and Dr. Light draining power from people. Going to try 2-2-2-2 on last boss 2mor and see how smooth it goes.
    • Like x 1
  15. Eternal Flame Active Player

Well dom doesnt affect aggro so.......and i tried the 2 tanks in elite on grodd. Theres no point. I said the same thing actually over ts in our league run. "Why am i tanking trying to hold these adds when they ignore me and run all over? I feel useless." But u dont even need 2 tanks tbh. 1 is totally fine. If the group pays attention to the bombs and his lunge your good. Did it today 5-1-1-1. But i hear on the controlling the adds. Things been going this way for awhile now. Most dont want tank n spank so we get this. But making them completely ignore the tank is poor imo. It could be done better.
  16. TheDarknessWithin Loyal Player

Hasn't been used since t3 in one alert, we are near t8.
    • Like x 1
  17. Eternal Flame Active Player

So because its in a different tier its new? Btw wont comment again on this cuz its off topic kinda. But idc if its a map from tier 1 or from the 1-30 leveling. If its already in the game that means its now new, sorry.
  18. TheDarknessWithin Loyal Player

It's new in the fact, it hasn't been used twice before, hasn't been reused in years, and hasn't been a copy and pasted map from the tier before. Now if they were to use Ranx, Zamaron, Hell, Nexus, Paradox wave, etc, etc, then I wouldn't classify that as fresh as they have all been used multiple times. Your not looking at the new part in the right way to what I'm saying.

On top of that making a brand new map and using it only once in years is a waste of resources, that's why they should be used again but far apart, some maps although are used too much, too close, thus causing the "Oh stop reusing maps!'.
    • Like x 1
  19. Gamma Lantern Committed Player

lol I don't know where you're getting these made up classes but Nex and Dox were both regular raids released with no elite version. Also they were the first two raids released for that tier. If anything I guess you could argue that Nexus was the "novice" raid and Dox was the expert raid.

Also my main point was that PBR is around the same difficulty as A&B and Lab upon release (meaning they were spammed first day with a 1 1 1 5 setup by PUG groups)
  20. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

Haven't been on to give my opinion of it in the past few days, but here it goes: Holy crap it's easy. Like FOS 1 at launch easy. I'd venture to say it's even easier than UM or BD is right now at 152 CR.

If your group has any semblance of what it's doing (know where and how to tank, know to listen to hit the switches) then there is absolutely nothing difficult in this raid whatsoever. Now I havent run the elite version, but I know that this version shouldn't be this easy.

Every boss is tank and spank. Literally the only difficult part of the instance was getting each person to hit their switch at the right time with 3 pugs who had no mic. Not surprised at all that there have been groups beating this with no tank at the LB. Painfully easy.
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.