Dev Discussion Episode 21: Prison Break 8-player Operation feedback

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by TLantern, Feb 4, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nemeses Prime Dedicated Player

Well, I still wanna see a DEV posting here about the "NO TANK" inside PBR, because for me this is really bad than the problems inside the Elite version...

It's my opinion.... I know, but even the elite version of this raid full of problems, you can beat (my league beat), but the "NO TANK" at PBR i'ts really anoying....
  2. TLantern Developer

So I've made some changes to the Spin Attack. But before I get into that I would like to note that Doctor Light gives himself a damage buff. This is noted by two subtle clues. The first is that his hands will have a black and white aura around them. The second is a Green target icon will appear under his name in the UI. When you see these, it means he buffed himself. This happens when he uses the ability "Theft of Vigor," it's an attack that looks like a chain lighting attack and it will take some of your power away. The good news is that any controller with a damage output debuff can remove Doctor Light's buff.

A quick note about push back. A push back or knock down will remove your block. While this is happening you can't block effectively. I did make it easy to break out of though.

OK, now moving onto the Spin Attack. This requires a little bit of an explanation first, so bear with me.

The original version of this attack was the exact same from his bounty encounter in the Gotham Wastelands. Since the ability is older and made for a bounty I had to go back and change a few things to accommodate the raid setting. Today I decided it's best to create a unique version of the Spin Attack since it was causing so many issues.

Some people may not like this, but I had to normalize the damage. Before it was hitting for almost triple the amount a normal ability like this should hit. Even the blocking damage was doing double the normal amount. Add that with his damage buff and it would certainly KO just about anyone.

The second thing I did was change the timing on his spin. It was set to spin for exactly 2 seconds, but the actual beam ability was slightly longer; about 2 and a half seconds. This was causing Doctor Light to turn and hit people with the beam after the spin was done.
    Now the spin ability is 2 seconds long, and Doctor Light's Ai is telling him to stop spinning when the attack is done.

There is a note on this though, and it might be a little confusing (This part is more for a technical standpoint). In order to keep Doctor Light from hitting people twice with his beam in a fraction of a second, I had to put a delay on the damage part of the attack. Even though this successfully prevents the double damage in under a second, it will still look like he's shooting a beam after the spin (but it's very brief). We're tied up with technical limitations on this one.

So what does all of this mean? It means that the beam from the Spin Attack will be a lot more survivable. What you should see from the beam is this: you can only be damaged while he's spinning. You might see the visual effects of the beam after his spin, but it should not hurt you. If it does, let me know. Video's and pictures really help with this stuff.

I know that' a lot to chew on, and I appreciate everyone's feedback on this. Let me know if there are any other questions I can answer.
    • Like x 11
  3. TLantern Developer

He actually has two Skull "tells." And they also both happen to be beam attacks. The first is a multi person encase, it's very brief. The second is for the Spin Attack. It will always show the Skull for 1 second before he spins. If you're not seeing it, it could potentially be a performance/latency issue. The ability is told to show that Skull every time.
    • Like x 5
  4. VaL HaLuN New Player

Do we know when the above changes will be live or at least on test?
  5. Aeohn_Dcuo New Player

One thing my league constantly ran into on PBE is during the Gorilla Grodd fight, Grodd will spam his fire aoe move and at times there will be 4 fires out at a time which takes up a lot of the battle space. Also, I'm pretty sure everyone knows the fire spawns where his little chomper ball things goes (and it follows a player for a while till it activates the fire). Well we noticed the chomper ball things will go to players who have been knocked out which then makes it either impossible to pick them up or ends up knocking out another player because the fire erupts on the downed player. Those are the only issues my league has ran into. Idk if these have been looked into cuz I didn't read all of this thread, I'm just posting some things I've noticed. Also sometimes during the Grodd entrance cutscene then the fight gets bugged and Grodd spawns above the building on the roof and you need to fly up and target hime and drop an orbital on him to start the fight then have everyone warp to rally. This happened to us the other night and like I said Idk if this has been discovered or if this is being looked into.
    • Like x 1
  6. Amazon Princess Active Player

ith my league we tried today PBE not death with the 1st attempt feat, at Grodd 6 adds spawn at once, 1st time we saw this "issue" once until today we always saw 3, i don't know if more players have see this but i mention it for any case and need search as issue, other that the D.Light fight was alot better than old times, ty devs
  7. SSeid Committed Player

Yes, that tends to happen from time to time. It makes things more interesting in my opinion, although it is quite annoying when it happens while you are trying to do Stuff of Legends feat.
  8. sepiaskidmark Committed Player

Um did doctor light get a buff in the regular version? He was hitting way harder today and the whole group noticed it.
  9. ErnieB Loyal Player

I ran Normal on Thursday after restart, nothing out of the ordinary, but today something was off with the Light fight.
    Was there any changes to the Normal version of the Light fight?, I ran it today and suddenly the group was getting one shots left and right, at one point I started to attack from the platform area while he was near the room entrance and I kept getting hit by nothing around me. We didn't wipe, but at least about 4 of us got one shot at one time, then I got killed twice, once by the vortex attack and another by as I said nothing, couldn't get back up from that one because others where down at the time. I checked to see if any other changes where made that would make Normal harder, but I couldn't find anything.
    • Like x 1
  10. sepiaskidmark Committed Player

Yep I was in that group with you...very weird.
  11. ErnieB Loyal Player

Wonder if it was because we had him near the entrance during the first part of the fight?
  12. sepiaskidmark Committed Player

I have no idea, but I have never seen that many ko's in the regular version.
  13. Couze Well-Known Player

Turrets cant be damaged by many of mental and quantum powers. Not everyone is an ice dps lol. Fix it please. Ran with 3 mental and 2 quantum dps today, ugh all refused to use weapons and abandoned instance.
  14. Ichiro Loyal Player

Question is Dr light supposed to hit you with 3 sunder strikes in a row quickly one right after the other? Happen in both Regular and elite. Last week he didn't hit me 3 time in a row so fast. I was getting to 2 then moving away before the third stirke. This week I see the broken shield once and then death. Combat log shows 3 sunder strikes for 17K, 26K, and 50K if the last hit didn't kill me then he would hit me with a lame solar flare attack to finish me off. This last boss make me not want to tank.:oops:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.