Dev Discussion Episode 21: Prison Break 8-player Operation feedback

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by TLantern, Feb 4, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Coelha Well-Known Player

Did the 1st boss without any death and 0 wipes, Stuff of Legends feat didnt count, is it a group feat or its personal? If someone knows :p.
  2. Elusian Crowd Control

Dr. Lights Laser also sometimes doesnt renders proper and is invisible.
    • Like x 1
  3. Jay Smeezy Dedicated Player

AGAIN PLEASE!!!
  4. Jay Smeezy Dedicated Player

First off, im not attacking you! But SP don't mean squat! YOU DO NOT need 200 SP to beat this raid! One healer, one toll, one tank as long as group has mechanics down!
  5. drkhrt1 Well-Known Player

Only thing I would say for elite is to add a skull on Dr. Light's laser spin. Otherwise no nerfs are needed, but the skull would be nice as the spinning laser doesn't seem to have a specific tell.
    • Like x 1
  6. bmce84 Loyal Player

You are not attacking me, but you also aren't reading it right, I said it's not so hard that you need a 200 SP group, and I even said to the PS players who for some reason love to put their SP on LFG, that we PC players don't care for SP, we just need to know your CR.
    • Like x 1
  7. TheDarknessWithin Loyal Player

Normal Feedback:

I enjoyed it. Something different, I don't know what, maybe because it's a different story and old map.

The Cons:

• Saw a few mechanics in it, but not brilliant type ones. The mechanics weren't that complex.
    • It was very tank and spanky, very disappointing with that as it had allot of potential.
    • Mobs weren't special, very tankable and can melee without worrying.
    So I only like the raid because it was something fresh. I did get purple legs on my first go, so loot I'm still judging.
    1st Boss was the only fun boss. 2nd Boss, I loved the opening, but was disappointing. 3rd was just plain stupid.
    I hopefully can compare elite.
  8. TheDark Devoted Player

For elite, we got Dr Light to 25% health. We figured out key attacks and the light orbs. We can keep getting him under 50%. The problem we ran into is that Spin Attack doesn't always pop his skull warning on time. Sometimes it pops up about 2 seconds after Split Attack which is clearly broken. Sometimes the beam from split attack doesn't even show.
    • Like x 1
  9. Sgt Bombero Committed Player

Pug or League, elite raid up to Grodd is near impossible. Let's cut the crap of we like sitting in 3 hour raids. I like a challenge too. But elite raid is just way to much. Grodd jumping around 1 shotting is just stupid.
    • Like x 2
  10. Celestial Powers Committed Player

Not impossible at all. No changes need to made to elite, if anything it needs a buff - but that's just me.

This is elite, you're not entitled to beat it. Normal is there for that.
  11. Pathosgrim Dedicated Player

Elite Grodd is easy to beat. Doctor Light's spin attack sometimes doesn't show a skull, don't if its intended.
    • Like x 1
  12. TestReporter Loyal Player

I've been beating elite grodd with 0 wipes or 1 wipe, its not hard and can be easily done if the group know the mechanics, Grodd doesn't jumps randomly, theres always a tell, the only challenge is the dr light fight, because his spin attack have no tells sometimes, once its fixed, i don't think there will be any issues.
  13. Elusian Crowd Control

He actually never one shots. There is clear messaging for this whole fight throughout. I think a mechanic is mostly evading pugs eyes thats what makes them think there are one-shots there.
  14. Mega Chiroptera Well-Known Player

Had this happen too. Was told it was a personal feat, but didn't get the progression point for first or second boss even with no death. If the progress points only appear after beating Dr Light in elite then it should say so in the feat. Lot of misleading info with this feat.
  15. Darkaspyra New Player

( P.B.Elite Version: ) -->Me and my league like the new raid , but on elite we can beat first boss no problems. But on Grodd, we are fine till the "purple smoke" AOEs start coming out. Is there any way to know what causes those to spawn? Cause I , myself spotted the "mind control" thing Grodd spawns on some of our heads , and told my league they might be pre-setted targets for when Grodd sends out the purple smoke AOEs(Sorta like Nekron when he points for black holes) . If i'm wrong, then mind explaining? XD I don't know, we can beat Grodd ; I know, its just the purple smokes thats annoying us a bit. XD

But still this raid is awesome Devs! <3

-Love any helpful advice-
  16. TheDark Devoted Player

Grodd sends out 2 pink colored animations that look like his teeth. Below in the video, where I'm on my spammy nature healer alt, you'll see at around 26 to 28 seconds Skyla and 13atman are targeted by it. You just have to have the group pay attention to when it spawns (which is usually immediately right after the previous 2 attacks fade away) and where it spawns (this might be random but at some point it just stays in one spot if the player targeted moves).

The thing on a players head doesn't seem to be related to where it spawns from what we saw. It's just the pink mental projection teeth thing.

The only thing annoying is Grodds random jumping but even there he does and up and down jump before he actually jumps which serves as a warning only players looking at Grodd will notice. Like the tank.

Also, I have a video that I'm waiting to upload that shows Dr Light failing to warn and show his Split Attack.
    • Like x 1
  17. Darkaspyra New Player

Ah ok. thank you this will be awesome help c:
  18. MensSana Active Player

Can we have a skull everytime dr light do his spin attack pls? :)
    except this i really like this raid.
  19. Coelha Well-Known Player

Did the first boss in the first attempt without any group member getting knocked out and it count for the feat, theres a lot of msleading info in the description, it just says "without getting knocked out" not "without any group member getting knocked out"
  20. Aqua Surge Loyal Player

The feat is quite difficult to get at the moment. The first boss is very doable, the 2nd and last boss fights can easily result in you dying. Mistakes can't be made on them during your first attempt.

After fighting Dr Light for the first time yesterday on Elite. I agree with this.

Also I gotten encased and couldn't block when needed to. It was a death I couldn't avoid no matter what.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.