Dev Discussion Episode 21: Prison Break 8-player Operation feedback

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by TLantern, Feb 4, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheDarknessWithin Loyal Player

You obviously didn't know about raid classes then. They were never made noticeable, but all had classes. This was made so all player classes can fulfill something, Elitists, Hardcore players, Casuals, and ones who don't mind a bit of a challenge.

Examples include:

Novice
    • Novice t2 raids
    • Novice t3 raids
    • Necropolis
    • Labyrinth
    • NGN
    Medium
    • FoS 1
    • FoS 3
    • Gates of Tarturas
    • Nexus
    • Artifacts
    • Halls of Hades
    • Bombshell
    • UM
    Hard-Very Hard
    • Kandaq
    • Expert t2 raids
    • FoS 2
    • Prime Battleground
    • Dox
    • Lockdown
    • L&W
    • ToD
    • HH
    • UM elite
    Quality in difficulty has been tipped to around novice with the rare medium, typical for gear chase and replay spending, even elites have suffered.
    Origin Crisis had issues, as you should also know with the difficulty. Many people left because it was hard, many people loved it. Content is now easy with the monthly content for replay sales and gear chasing, and many players have left with the dampened down easiness and less accomplishment runs. But at the end of the day, many players want things handed to them, making allot of the community suffer, thus doing a continuous circle.
    My experience is, I have been in many failed groups in the novice category raids, but not in the monthly raids. Quality.
  2. bmce84 Loyal Player

Nexus and Dox can't be used to measure any current raid, people just too under geared for it at the time, not to mention the dozens of bugs each had. Now days we start each raid well above the recommended CR, meaning even if we're off by 1 or 2, we don't have the huge difference it was during the OC days, when a lvl 84 couldn't even do Dox, and would be nothing other than a paper weight in Nexus. Devs have also admitted they made a mistake by releasing OC before SoT, people just weren't ready for OC when it came out, comparing to anything current is just a mistake and people should stop doing it. But raids like LD, TotD, L&W are good comparisons since those where all the hard raids at their times and people had to work to beat them (given LD and L&W had the ridiculous super health pools), if anything these are the difficulty a raid should aim at now, as they where hard but still beatable with some work and coordination.
    • Like x 1
  3. bmce84 Loyal Player

I'll tell you the same thing I told him, never use OC as comparison for anyhting, those raids where beyond in difficulty to the point where even being fully vendor geared wasn't enough, most people had to just get gear from the first bosses, then come back and try to finish it. And it this wasn't supposed to be the case, devs have said they made some mistakes with OC, and the raids where also very buggy at the time. FoS 2 and Prime can be used as examples as you could still beat them on their tiers, but Nexus and Dox where so beyond at their time, you needed to be almost T6 to beat them (and this was way before T6 even came).
  4. TheDarknessWithin Loyal Player

5. bmce84 Loyal Player

You still use it to compare to other raids, which is a mistake either way.
  6. SheerFaith Committed Player

Green Gear in Lootwindow -->> remove this "Bug" from ELITE!!
    • Like x 1
  7. Gamma Lantern Committed Player

Lol those are made up rankings in your head....Nexus and Dox were 2 of the 3 raids realeased for that tier....Nexus was the easier of the first two raids....Nothing else is fact, just your opinion...enjoy those rankings in your head though...
  8. Ichiro Loyal Player

Glitch for quiet riotly feat.

Ran into a group last night glitching this feat. They have everyone stands in the room in star labs were we spawn in the beginning. One person runs over to the atom and gets teleported, then everyone else goes into the room and teleports to strikers. This puts everyone in the same cell so no one has to be broken out.
  9. Elusian Crowd Control

This is not a glitch. TLantern already responded to the issue:

10. Ichiro Loyal Player

I don;t think he meant for an entire group to use it to get a feat but I don't care either way. Wasn't looking for opinions just reporting a potential glitch
  11. Elusian Crowd Control

click on his quote. it refers to what you report as it was reported before and if you click on it you see the quote he responded to. no opinion, just facts.
  12. Ichiro Loyal Player

Yes read the quote read and your initial post. Made no mention of this being used to get a feat nor was it discussed that the whole group was intended to use this. Like I said don't care either way just reporting what i think is a cheesy way to get a feat that I don't think was intended. If it was, fine. If you reported it on page 1, great. i'm not reading 6 pages to make sure there aren't duplications
  13. Derio 15000 Post Club

I honestly wouldnt be surprised if they reused area 51 for LoT content. After all there are 2 areas of that map that arent even used in the regular version of that alert.

I like that they reused Strikers. I really want them to reuse Arkham, Ace chemicals. Or do a OC preview that puts us back in those alternate versions of metro and gotham.

Reusing a map is fine. Reusing a map several times within 2 years is overkill though. And I am glad they waited this long to reuse strikers. You wouldnt believe how many new players who have never ran the original alert.
    • Like x 3
  14. Avian Dedicated Player

I don't know if this has been mentioned but in the part where you are a prisoner when you teleport into Stryker's Prison, players are able to warp rally and get out of the holding cells.
  15. Ichiro Loyal Player

The last boss elite seems a lot better with 2 tanks after the hotfix.

I think the healing orbs spawn too much. Do they stop spawning at any point or are they constant? Someone today said they stop spawning after 3 times but I didn't see it happen.

anyone know what the suppressor drone does?
    • Like x 1
  16. Elusian Crowd Control

Can be different. Same as on the turrets before reaching first boss it can stun or even remove your loadout temporarely. Keeping the drone busy helps.

In general: I ran it without dying as tank before the hotfix, therefore after the hotfix it became even easier for myself. I do know the struggle of others pre-hotfix but I've also seen what lots of them did wrong and wasnt surprised of them dying once with 3 stacks at one point. Or maybe Earth is just that op for the fight, who knows ;)

Tells seems to be working on Light now which was the actual horrible part.
  17. TKMcClone Steadfast Player

I have question about Dr. Lights skull attack with the light beam. It pushes players when they are blocking, which is fine and a nice addition to the the difficulty. Who doesn't like being pushed into fire.:D

However, there have been a number of times that we have seen the beam break people out of block and 1 shot them. Is this Intended?
    (i can upload a video)

We beat last boss last night and had a ton of fun with it.:)
  18. BRITTENY Dedicated Player

How were any of the tanks doing something wrong when the intended mechanic was broken? The Sunder Strike attack is supposed to be a devestating attack on the third strike. If you're using Brick to eat some of the hits, then neat? But to blame the tanks pre hotfix because they have a 3 minute debuff on them and can't clear it, totally means they're doing something wrong.
    • Like x 4
  19. Mactans New Player

Can report the same thing about the Spin Attack pushing you back and knocking you out of block, resulting in an instant death. Noticed that it mostly happens if you sit at the tail end of the spin. There's a no death feat associated with the boss fight so I don't think that's intended, seeing as there's nothing you can do to stop yourself from dying.
  20. TheDark Devoted Player

I also wanted to bring up the push back from the Spin Attack. The Spin Attack beam ends up pushing a player which then sometimes results in them being released from block. This happens during the beam and towards the end of it. The player doesn't let go of block on the controller, but the game takes you out of it because you're pushed for longer than a second or so. That results in being KO'd. Is that intended?

In the video below it happened around 1:35 and in previous runs it happened to both tanks and the dps.

We beat it last night without cheesing and standing on consoles or flying in the air. We don't really have a problem with any of the other mechanics. The beam pushing out of block just seemed off.
    • Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.