Dev Discussion Episode 21: Prison Break 8-player Operation feedback

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by TLantern, Feb 4, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheDark Devoted Player

You don't take damage when you're bubbled and do not break out. he passes the beam through you.
  2. Aqua Surge Loyal Player

It wasn't the beam move, it was the move where he does the AOE after destroying those white lights. You need to block that but I was encased, so it was a death I couldn't avoid. I hope that makes sense.
  3. TheDark Devoted Player

K. I thought you were talking about Split Attack. I haven't been encased during that phase. Usually after 2 orbs go down we always hold block until he does his skull lunge beam in the center. That's how we survive 90% of the time.

For TLantern, in the video below at the 20 second mark, you'll there is no skull warning or animation for Split Attack on Dr Light.

It happens often. When it doesn't, the warning for it is like literally one second.
  4. TheDarknessWithin Loyal Player

So apparently doing LB is highly possible with no tank. Very Elite.

• Like x 1
  5. Aqua Surge Loyal Player

I'm on PlayStation 4 and I crashed/disconnected when i died and rally. This happened twice to me giving me dead link.
  6. Ichiro Loyal Player

A very Fun Raid. Each room mechanic was done well.

Personally I don't like the striker map since the alert but overall each area was fun

First boss since the area is so small can he be change from proximity aggro to having to be taunted or hit. Just walking into the room will set him off and some group member get left behind.

When the first boss counters the tank with a knock down he remains in a controlled state getting up slowly like in pvp. This is an extremely bad mechanic for Rage tanks. One block at the wrong moment causes rage crash that doesn't happen with any other tank and is a little unfair. After running this once with my rage tank I switched powers to ice and ran it again. The counters were not a problem for ice tanking. Even though they keep an ice tank from activating a shield during the controlled state it never ended up being fatal. The change I would suggest is removing the PVP Controlled get up from this fight so Rage tanks aren't excluded from the raid. It doesn't really add anything to the fight for any other tank than rage.

On second boss Grodd came outside the door and attacked several group members that were trying to glitch him outside the door. He wasn't targetable so their glitch didn't work but he killed the two glitchers and then reset.
    Second boss the Grodd projections that spawn the AOE clouds is hard to see as the tank with all of the power effect blowing up in our faces and when they spawn on grodd next to the tank it is hard to tell if they are going for the tank or another group member giving there delay in moving. Is there a way to make it more clear who these are going for?

Last boss was good overall. Lots of one shots but can be blocked or avoided. It still doesn't seem a tank is needed in this fight with the NPC tanking and Light randomly going over to concentrated lights for a refill. I went down several times tanking light and the group never once wiped.

Several times today when queuing for this raid I got stuck on a loading screen and got DC from the game.

I know there are a lot of cements saying both regular and elite are too easy but I think this is just the right balance. Regular is a doable challenge for the masses. elite while easy for some does present a challenge is some regards. I know I had a challenge today trying to convince several groups to run away from the little purple grodd projections and not land a AOE in the group. For some reason the majority of the people would prefer to think they are random and stand in one place than run from these and place them away from the group.
  7. Mega Chiroptera Well-Known Player

We had no one get knocked out either. But yeah, that is misleading for the second boss.
  8. drkhrt1 Well-Known Player

I haven't seen this mentioned: in elite on last boss, Dr. Light is putting a defense debuff on a person(for us it was the tank most times) that was lowering the tank's defense to 0 then hitting the tank with his handblaster attack. While blocking the tank was being hit with 40k damage.

This needs to be looked at as well.
  9. Eternal Flame Active Player

I ran elite and 1 person died on the 1rst boss and i got credit for the 1rst boss because i personally didnt die. But im pretty sure its 1rst attempt. If it is then that needs to be in the feat description.
  10. Rokyn Dedicated Player

Just wanted to point out that EU and US servers have totally different versions of the elite raid. You guys might want to look at that because at the moment there's no skull for the spin attack at times for the US side. Only way to play Dr. Light on US is to guess when the next beam attack is going to happen and block ahead of time.
  11. Coelha Well-Known Player

In one run, i did it without getting knocked out, in the 1st attempt, but one member died, no feat.
    In the second run, i did it without any group member getting knocked out and in the 1st attempt, got the feat.
    In the same run, i did the Grodd fight without getting knocked out and in the 1st attempt, but a group member died, no feat either.
    Now i really don't know how that feat works, its bugged or missing info in the description.
  12. Ichiro Loyal Player

One question on the grodd fight does grodd steal the tanks power and if so is that move avoidable. Each time I would start the fight with a taunt and didn't have any power after one one or 2 shields. Usually this doesn't happen. Maybe the troll was bad but just curious. I thought maybe it was hitting the terminal right away but we tried that and it still happens at the beginning of the fight right after the first taunt and one or 2 shields.
  13. Mega Chiroptera Well-Known Player

Yeah this solidifies it. I've tanked the first and second boss with no wipes and no personal deaths and have received no progression in the feat. Pretty annoyed.
  14. TLantern Developer

Hey everyone, thanks for all the feedback so far.

So, Doctor Light currently does not have a tell for his spin attack. That's a bug and I'll be fixing it.

As for the feat "Stuff of Legends," you will get the credit as a group. So as soon as one person is Knocked Out, that boss will be considered failed for that run. The messaging isn't very clear, we'll work on that.

Thanks again!
    • Like x 1
  15. BRITTENY Dedicated Player

Can you shed some insight on the Sunder Strike attack? Dr Light does this attack quite a bit. It places a debuff on the tank, is it supposed to last 180s? And keep refreshing every time he does it? We couldn't find a way to remove it. yet it will some times one shot the tank, and some times it won't. It also doesn't properly msg that the tank is debuffed. I get the mechanic, but if there's no way to counter act the mechanic, then what's the point? We tried running two tanks thinking we could trade Dr Light back and forth but we both just ended up with the debuff. It's basically a perma debuff, no matter what.

16. Scar-Red Nova Dedicated Player

There goes the neighborhood
    • Like x 1
  17. TKMcClone Steadfast Player

I'm curious about flight being used as a way to avoid the beam attack, should there be some sort of grounding effect? The topic came up yesterday and we passed it off as a potential exploit or at least cheese.
  18. Mystere Well-Known Player

Dr Light also flies up and does the beam which folks on the ground can avoid. You can also stand on the computer terminals on the second level and avoid his beams if he is on the ground level - though if you are too close and will come at you.
  19. Vesper Dedicated Player

Personally I am tired of being grounded as Flight. Super-speed and acrobat rarely have any sort of grounding effect, and often aren't even slowed. Flight not only gets grounded, it has a five-second-slow every time a power or weapon is fired off.

I am at the point where I don't care if it's "cheese". Let the fliers have ONE raid where they can actually USE their movement!
    • Like x 1
  20. TLantern Developer

I saw your report on this earlier from Loche and I spent the morning tuning this attack.

The idea behind it was that you want to have two tanks, and it seems like you guys were on the right path for this. Whoever has the most hate will get 1 stack of his Sunder Strike, then when he hits that same person again a 2nd more powerful stack will be applied. If he hits the same target a 3rd time it will be devastating, which is what you're running into. There is a small chance you can survive the 3rd stack, but you'll need some intense healing right before and after the attack happens.

The duration of 180 seconds is too long, and I've since reduced the duration time that you have it. I've also decreased the frequency of how often Light uses this attack, but not by much. The idea here is that you have two coordinated tanks, and the backup tank should take over when the main tank has the second or third stack is applied, if you manage to survive the small chance.
    If everything goes smoothly, the two tanks should be able to swap effectively.
    • Like x 7
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.